“Terrific BBQ, Great Ribs, Big Portions.”

Marlowes Ribs and Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 1,474 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Even though I wanted to eat at Marlowes, after our tour of Graceland I asked for good BBQ recommendations and they suggested Marlowes, so I knew I was making a good choice. We tried the Fried Rolls for a small starter, and while tasty with honey, they were too heavy for us (dinner rolls cooked by deep frying). We order a full rack to share-- full rack of ribs and sides for two people- and it was all we could do to finish. Loved the coleslaw, simply delicious and perfectly seasoned. probably mostly a vinegar base. I was enjoying it too much to analyze. Beans were BBQ and delicious too. The ribs were a thick, meaty slab that we easily shared. My husband got 1/2 rack and pulled pork. There must have been a pound of pulled pork with it. Huge. It was the best meal we've had on this trip so far. The Elvis theme isn't over done, but fits. It was clean here, the server lovely and helpful. The gentleman in the gift shop was just lovely, then we met his daughter who is the owner. He bought the previous restaurant and started Marlowes. Still family run with care, I'd highly recommend Marlowes-- at the pink pig.

1  Thank Luvamoose67
There are newer reviews for Marlowes Ribs and Restaurant

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We ate there because I wanted the kids to get the experience of being picked up in a limo, and they absolutely loved it, although we adults could see that the limos were run down. For kids, it was great. The food was mostly awesome (except the ribs). The atmosphere was good, but the biggest con was that it was so cold, we all froze, and the hubby even got the shakes! (I had a hoodie, thank goodness, but I was still cold!)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We ended our Graceland tour with lunch at Marlowes, it was a perfect place to end our Elvis tour. Generous portions, friendly service, huge variety to select from and a good kids menu. Everything was delicious - the sweet tea, ribs, catfish, mac n cheese and the mushrooms. Add that to an casual, Elvis atmosphere, we can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We ordered the rib dinners and the chicken dinners. The food was very tasty and they have a large assortment of sides. The place is loaded with Elvis items to look at and is located close to Graceland. Great finish to a day at Graceland before heading back to the motor home.

1  Thank Love2travelthree
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We really enjoyed the free ride in the pink limo which also meant we could have wine with dinner. The ribs were oh so good, the service wonderful and a very nice ambiance. Meeting the man who started the restaurant way back when (he now operates the gift shop) was an extra special experience. He had stories to tell and we loved them.