The Midtown Inn by FairBridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Memphis)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrodeway innrooms are hugebeale streetcoffee makershort driveno elevatornever felt unsafestay there againdowntown areasofa bedthe wi finice roomvalet parkingmicrowavegracelandaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2013

When we arrived at the motel (admittedly reasonably early at around 3pm) we rang a bell on the receptionist desk and waited. And waited. And waited. It took a good 15 minutes for someone to come check us in! The motel is old and run down and definitely needs renovation. There's no elevators (a pain when trying to get to level 3 with heavy luggage). Breakfast was also very very poor (waffle machine but no batter?? and some seriously nasty "pastries"). It's also in a really bad part of town - there were gunshots outside while we were staying there, and there were policemen parked on the corner watching the motel when we arrived!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I made reservations to stay at this hotel two-three weeks prior to the date. Upon arrival, the front guest clerk said that they couldn't get my credit card to go through for the pre-approval and they had cancelled my reservation. No one had bothered to call or email me to confirm card number or get an alternate card. I was stuck on a Friday night in memphis needing reservations. Took 3 hours for me to find a room available, and it was far out from where I needed. Front desk clerk never even bothered to apologize or suggest additional hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Aspillman
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We only came for one night but the combination of how great Memphis was and how great this hotel was meant we ended up staying for 3.

Excellent quality. Clean, spacious and good value.

Having continually extended our stay we saw rooms 108, 110 and 308. All are clean and spacious. The guy who runs it was been great.

It's 5 mins drive to get down town. We've saw no traffic hold ups. It's about $10 to get downtown by taxi. The same to Cooper Young and Overton Sq.

We got home one night about 2.00 am and spotted some ladies standing on the corner. What they were doing can only be guessed at, but whatever it was we always felt comfortable in the area which on the whole seemed peaceful.

If ever I am in town again I will definitely be make this my first choice place to stay

Room Tip: We saw . Each was good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevins1966
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This family run motel was a great value if you want a room near downtown Memphis. It is located near the popular venues downtown. It was a large clean room with a sitting area, flat screen TV, a nice breakfast and the parking is right in front of your room.
The staff was very accomodating and friendly. We would definitly stay there again when visiting Memphis.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights as part of our road trip. After reading earlier reviews we were quite anxious about the neighbourhood and have to agree that the surrounding area is quite seedy. Having said that though, we had absolutely no problems with our stay. The room was large and clean, the car park area has plenty of lighting and CCTV and the location was great - just a short drive to Beale Street. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple