“Great stay for NCAA tournament!”

The Peabody Memphis
Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great stay for NCAA tournament!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful mini suite on 4th floor. Tiny bathroom, but otherwise well appointed. Spent a lot if time in the lobby bar with other UF and Dayton fans. Fedex Forum literally a five min walk. Fun vibe in the hotel this weekend, but still super quiet!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear snwarf01,

Thank you for staying at the hotel during the NCAA Tournament. As you mentioned, the city was very busy that weekend with fans enjoying many of Memphis’ attractions. Our Grand Lobby even turned into what appeared to be a impromptu pep rally several times that weekend. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and took advantage of our close proximity to the FedEx Forum. I hope you visit The Peabody again soon.

Thanks again,
scott.boucher@peabodymemphis.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Coronado, California
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We loved this hotel. The duck parade, the fitness area, the location to Beal Street, the gift shops, the proximity to the minor league baseball field, and all sorts of wonderful restaurants just could not be beat. The rooms were nice and clean and charming, the staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if I made it back to Memphis and no where else!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and spend a lot of time in different hotels in different cities throughout the country. I rank the Peabody as among the best of the best.

Reasonably priced, extremely attentive Staff and endless amenities.

Beds: very comfortable. Pillows: plentiful, not foam filled or rubbery, firm but not too hard. Lighting: excellent, easy to reach with easy to find on/off switches. When my feet hit the floor near the beds, tiny LED lights with motion sensors come on automatically to gently light the floor without getting into your eyes in the middle of the night. Electric outlets: plentiful, easy to find and very accessible. Bath towels: plentiful, soft and huge. TV: huge flatscreen with lots of cable stations and HBO. HVAC and Heating/Cooling Controls: easy to use and the HVAC is quiet and won't disturb your sleep. There's a free in-room safe for valuables. Free coffee in the lobby every morning from 6-9 am. Free newspaper (WSJ or USA Today) delivered to your room every morning. Comfortable free robes in the closet for you to wear during your stay. Clean sheets daily on request. High quality soaps, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion refreshed every morning. Restaurants: The best in Memphis located within walking distance. Exercise: 4 blocks to walking/running paths along the Mississippi River. Entertainment: 2 blocks to the Entertainment District on Beale Street.

Clean. Friendly. Numerous, amenities important to a business traveller.

The Peabody is clearly the best of the best and may, simply, be THE BEST.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Thomz12345
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I visited Memphis for a business trip. We booked the hotel through priceline and got a great deal...the location was great, right in the middle of everything and 1 block from Beal Street...check in was fast and staff was very friendly...the rooms were very nicely decorated and decent size...the only things we didn't like was that the bathroom seemed dated and was very cramped and also front door didn't close all the way so you could hear everything happening in the hallway.

overall though it was a great stay and is a beautiful hotel.

1 Thank Daniel K
Dear Daniel K,

Thank you for staying at The Peabody during your business trip. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and your time in Memphis. I apologize for the complications you experienced with your guest room door. I encourage you upon your next visit to please contact our front desk immediately if a similar issue arises. As part of a comprehensive guestroom renovation completed just six months ago, our new doors were selected specifically for their ability to limit hallway noise so we want to ensure that they are functioning properly. Our engineering department would be happy to assist with this issue.

Thanks again,
Chicago
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I did not stay in this hotel but enjoyed walking through the lobby and would recommend for a later afternoon or evening drink. Ended up on a tour that went here. Glad I had already seen the Duck ceremony on YouTube. Too crowded and, ducks are ducks. So much more to Memphis. Stop in the Men's Clothing store, Lansky? for some great men's shirts (Elvis and Johnny Cash bought clothes here). The special shop for women not as impressive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear GoKate,

Thank you for stopping by The Peabody during your tour of Memphis. As you said the march of the Peabody Ducks is a major attraction and draws large crowds daily. That is why like to suggest that our guests arrive thirty minutes prior to marches to ensure a great view. I hope that on your next visit to Memphis you choose to stay at The Peabody.

Kind regards,
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Upscale and central location, Not just to Beal Street but many fine dinning locations within a block or two. Then there are the ducks. Quite the happening. Down at 11am up at 5pm. @ 5 the lobby is full by 3 and is slow to clear for the 5-7 happy hour. It's about a 10 minute show and the same each day. The dinning room is only open t-f-s. Check with the desk if you want to be a part of the duck parade..........Twice the room was not cleaned. There are hotels that are way to close to Beal and outside music venues.

2 Thank sandiegoretiredguy1
Miamisburg, Ohio
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My father was a career hotel manager, I worked larger convention hotels till my early 30's, and I always target historic hotels. This is US and World famous hotels lead by the Peabody ducks. Two years ago I made reservations, eagerly awaiting my Peabody stay. Due to work matters, I had to cancel and book for March 5 to March 9. Make sure you see the ducks pre and post paarade. Also, the 2nd floor Peabody Historic Room. Reservation was made directly thru hotel site. Booked Deluxe King Room. Upon check in, received an upgrade for our 4 night stay to a Executive King Room. The room was beautiful. We liked that we had a couch and chair that we enjoyed during our afternoon Memphis break. Loved the closet in bathroom. Bathroom is small for two people. However, it is not like a traditional hotel chain bathroom. Love the duck soaps. Sells for 6 duck soap for 6 bucks in gift shop. The bed was adequate. Wished the comfie was not worse for wear and had some puffiness, along with warmth. The comfie, felt like a thin blanket sandwiched between two sheets. Not any thing like a Westin comfie. LOVED the night light that automatically comes onif you or anything steps on floor during nights out. You may hear noise from adjacent rooms at night. it may a good thing or not so good.
The Peabody is walking distance from very good restaurants other than theirs and central to key tourist things other than Graceland. We did not rent a car for our 5 day stay. Cab to airport ranged from 23 to 35. Make sure you get $25 rate from airport.
We had room service twice. The Peabody offers it thru TV or direct phone. We did not see Hotel directory until 3 day there. It was in top drawer of dresser. It would benefit all to have it on the guest desk. Room Service via tv said both times it would be delivered by 30 mins. It took 45 mins to an hour.
We did not visit pool, as we did not want to travel on the elevators that serve whole hotel in our bathrobes or bathing suits. I am sure the Peabody would thank us.
The one thing I truly took offense to was credit card authorizations 3 times while at the Peabody and once post stay. I have never had that happen during any hotel stay. Only during cc ok's pre trip. One authorizations was for for $1400. about and two for 341.00...My credit card was not charged. Then I had a charge at check out for correct amount. However, there was an additional authorization for $341. post stay. I have been a victim of fraud post travel with my credit card. With all these "charges" I cancelled my credit card. I thought it was VERY unnecessary for this. The Desk upon second charge said the Peabody does that on a estimated $50.00 room charg per day. Not right. I tried not to use the Peabody for any extra charges except room charge. The Peabody is the only hotel I have ever stayed at that did that and I have stayed at some very top notch hotels who did not do that. Otherwise,.I would have rated it excellent.

3 Thank need2trvl
Dear need2trvl,

Thank you for your detailed review. I am glad that after many years of hearing about The Peabody, you were finally able to stay with us. I apologize for the additional authorization you saw on your post-stay bill. During your stay, we experienced a technical issue as a result of switching over to a new property management system. The glitch posted authorizations to your bill that were not actually acquired. As you are aware, these authorizations were just posts, and not actually charged to your card. Again if you have any further issues, I urge you to contact me directly.

Kind regards,