“I wish there was a zero rating!” 1 of 5 bubbles

City of Memphis Tour
Ranked #18 of 31 Tours in Memphis
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Blues City Tours is a locally owned business. We have been in business for 25 years and received several awards such as, 2012 Quality Excellence Award from Mid South Minority Council and 2010 Memphis City Schools Outstanding Service Award.We pick up at most hotels in Memphis, West Memphis and Tunica area. We offer VIP tours, sightseeing tours, shuttle service and corporate transportation.
Zanesville, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“I wish there was a zero rating!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible! The only good thing about this tour was that we didn't have to drive around Memphis on our own. They were 45 minutes late picking us up at our hotel, 25 minutes late picking us up at downtown Memphis, and 10 minutes late picking us up from Graceland. The tour guide tried her best to entertain us and she did a pretty good job, other than that really not much good to say about the whole experience.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Judy W
6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Ma'am, I will like to apologize for the tardiness of your tour. I will be sure to speak with all my drivers to make sure we depart on time, if it's in our control.

Sydney, Australia
“Solo tourist kept waiting multiple times”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was traveling by myself in Memphis so I was interested in going on this bus tour for not only convenience but most importantly safety. On the day of my tour I was the only one on the bus which I thought would mean VIP treatment. Instead I was kept waiting for 10+ minutes at every stop by myself. I had to borrow other peoples phones to chase them up. Then we discovered the STAX museum was closed.. Why didn't they know this already? At this point I just wanted to go home but instead they kept me waiting at another two stops. In the end I decided I was better off getting a cab.

Visited May 2014
6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello Ma'am, I want to apologize for the office not notifying you that STAX is closed on Monday's. We are rectifying this issue, so that it will not happen again. For the Memphis Music Tour, we drop you off at each museum and we pick you up 2 hours afterwards.
Sebastian, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Average Tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Visiting Memphis, our former hometown, for a family reunion we were excited about taking some relatives from other places on a tour of the city we love. The advertised three (3) hour tour was only two (2) hours because tour guide was 45 minutes late to begin the tour. She attempted to make up time by driving 85 MPH on I-240/I-55. Halfway into tour she was called away on office emergency and we were given another guide who tried to rush the remaining tour so we could get to the Peabody Hotel for the 5pm duck march. Much appreciated that but missed a lot of the other attractions. All of this was not such an issue but at the end of tour we were taken from downtown to Graceland and put on another bus to be transported back downtown to the office to be put on another bus to take us to our hotel in East Memphis. The bus from Graceland had no air conditioning, the window weather stripping was blowing in the wind, and the transmission would not shift out of second gear. This is the bus we took on I-55/I-240 back downtown! A scary and very unsafe situation. We opted to obtain other transportation out of downtown to our East Memphis hotel and not chance riding in another unsafe vehicle.

Memphis is a great place to visit with many great attractions to enjoy. My recommendation is to find a different tour company since the logistics and vehicle maintenance seem to be problems for Blues City Tours. The tour guides were very nice and personable. Unfortunately, their employer doesn't seem to be too concerned with important issues that affect these people.

Visited April 2014
6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Good afternoon, I will like to apologize for your experience with us. I spoke to my staff and they brought in that bus to provide a better bus for our guest, but was told you all had another way back to your hotel. Again, I apologize if you felt unsafe, but we wanted to make it right for you. I hope that if you are ever back in Memphis, you would give us a chance to make it right.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay away from this service - UNRELIABLE service!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had a reservation for over a week for an airport shuttle from Memphis airport to Tunica.
They called while I was on the plane and said that they would have a driver there 15 minutes early, which was great. They then called 20 MINUTES later and said that they would not have ANY driver available for 2.5 hours!!!
I had to make other arrangements and then I had them scheduled again for return shuttle back the airport 3 days later and they did not show up for that either!!

try Unique Travel (uniquetravelllc.com) - great service from them!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lisa W
Good afternoon Ma'am, I will like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.
Can you please contact our office? I will like to send you a small token for our deepest apology.
STOCKBRIDGE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extraordinary experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Could not have been better. "Lee from Tenn" was the best.
So glad we decided to go with this tour company. Can't wait to return and see more of the "home of the Blues and birthplace of Rock and Roll".

1 Thank JO O
6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
We strive to be the "tours you can trust". I am happy that you enjoyed your tour with us and your tour guide. Please share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook. We will have special offers posted throughout the summer.