“Free, Family-Friendly, Funky”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Free, Family-Friendly, Funky”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I went to see Cedric Burnside in June 2014 and was delighted this free venue was so fabulous on an early summer night. I thought it would be really crowded, but there was ample room both up high for lounging on chairs or blankets, and up close to the stage for dancing. I never felt crowded or threatened by elbows or the possibility of drinks being sloshed on me. There was also Central BBQ, I believe, if you got hungry, which I did. One Q food truck, more than ample bathroom space, and a place to buy drinks is all you need at a place like this, I feel, and the Shell did that perfectly. The acoustics were great too. The only thing I'd change is I'd offer mixed drinks and wine for sale, too, but I live in New Orleans and expect a full bar at any event. You can bring your own, so I did, and everything was perfect. I didn't bring my baby, but lots of other people did, and it seemed a lovely evening outing for babies and kids. If you wanted to be with your family and play and dance, or lounge with a date on a blanket, or get trashed and dance up front by the stage and look for a hookup, you'd probably find what you were looking for at the Shell. At least the one time I went, everyone was nice and friendly. I can't recommend a summer concert here highly enough.

Visited June 2014

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to spend an evening”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

An amphitheater that hosts lots of free music and lets the audience enjoy the event. The bands that come through are pretty enjoyable and on numerous occasions you'll be thrilled by some outstanding performances.
A very relaxed family friendly atmosphere. Be sure carry your own lawn chairs.

Louisiana
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“6oth Anniversary of Rock 'N Roll”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was a 60th celebration of a Rock and Roll. The grounds were nice but there wasn't enough seating due to the tremendous turnout.

Liverpool
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Why change the name?”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

For the uninitiated this is the historic Overton Park Shell where Elvis had one of his early great performances. A great place to visit where you can share the stage with King.

Millington, Tennessee
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Free Concerts!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Great place to hang out and listen to music. We usually take food and wine. Often there is food for sale. Parking is convenient. Some nights the music is better than others. Always a great time.

2 Thank LSGWS3