“Went on Dec 21, 2013”

Ranked #114 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee
“Went on Dec 21, 2013”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

OMG...I and my boyfriend went to just stay the night till the next day...the security is the manager as well (so he say)....at the front desk it was a light skinned tall guy and a ghetto nappy headed light skinned chick who wore glasses that checks guest in....We were checked into room 141...walked in the room smelled an odor ..complained... got my spray out an sprayed Lysol and febreeze....went to use the restroom...it was yellow and dark brown stains on the tissue..no new rolls that hadn't been open....smdh had napkins in my purse to use...told my byf to call the desk to bring clean tissue...
.he picked up the phone and the wire was cut from the receiver part of the phone..... so he walked to the desk when he came back...in his hand he had a roll of tissue that didn't have paper wrapped around it...he said the chick at the front desk told that shipment for tissue wasn't coming in until next day...so the tissue roll she was using
at da desk with she gave it to him.. .lol...wow...when he was about to take a bath because unfortunately they shower didn't work...he ran his bath water an went back to check on it...his bath water was brown and gold....he called me to see was it him or is his bath water unsanitary....I rushed to the front desk an told the chick that was up there about these issues in the room...She laughed and said oooh what room y'all n again...I didn't crack a smile not once so I'm thinking why do she think this funny....i asked for another room....she checked me into 312.went in that bathroom to check it out bathroomt check it out OMG hot piss aroma dam near made pass out
..checked the sheets do to I dont lay on there blankets... sheets looked OK ...I want dare go back an u bet not either...I'm willing to pay 100 dollars fornight at a nice room than to sleep an sit an breath in a nasty unsanitary hot ghetto unprofessional hotel...

• Stayed December 2013
8 Thank TrueStatement

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Des Moines
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I had to laugh after reading the other reviews because my experience has been exactly the same. There were zero vacancies anywhere else and we booked this blindly during a family road trip. Not only did the place feel very unsafe, it was horribly filthy and broken down. Think old bottle caps and candy wrappers under the bed, stripped water faucet knobs, door lock hanging by only one screw, all punctuated by street walkers in the halls.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank shanghai2nowhere
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed here for one night, 2 adults and one child in a double room. It was TERRIBLE! It is a huge hotel, but complete on its way to fall apart. The restaurant is already closed and everything is appears to be falling apart. There where only a couple a rooms occupied and it seems that they only put guest in rooms in which stuff still seem to be (somewhat) working. Our room was way back, at an elevator that did not work. The interior looked old, dirty and worn down. Although the AC in our room was cranked up to full capacity it could no longer keep the room cold. The drive into down-town was about 25 minutes, which was longer then I expected. On the positive site: it was cheap (for only one night) and the beds & shower where OK. I do not expect this hotel to be around much longer. Look for something better and closer down-town. It shouldn’t be hard to find.

Room Tip: find a different hotel....
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Harrie V
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I had the pleasure of being put up here for the night when I missed my connection due to the airline's screw-up. If you read my other reviews, I generally, if anything, lean toward giving hotels the benefit of the doubt and think most cranky reviewers on TripAdvisor have an axe to grind. Not so in this case!

It is literally the only hotel where I slept in my clothes on top of the bedspread for fear of what was under the sheets. I wouldn't put my suitcase down on any soft surface for fear of bedbugs. There were dead roaches scattered across my windowsill, and more in the hallway. In the morning, when I went to take a shower, I turned on the fawcett and brown water came pouring out (it did eventually run clear, and I did take a shower in it and survived, though).

Stay as far as possible away from this place! If you have a missed connection at the airport and are offered this as a place to sleep, just camp out in the terminal instead.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, here's a tip... go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ConferenceMgr
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I traveled 400 miles to give my daughter and son n law their first baby shower. A VERY special event for us all. Upon arriving at this poor excuse for a hotel with a set time to meet the banquet coordinator,unload items for the shower and decorate, I was told the banquet coordinator was not available and could not be reached by phone. I was also informed that we could not have access to the rooms until later in the day. We drove back to my daughters which was an hr drive. When we came back that afternoon to get ready for over 100 guest we were told by the manager that the elevator would not work without HER key but she would make herself available at all times to escort our guest to the 4th floor, most of our guest had to climb 4 flights of stairs just to enter a room that was so HOT that the 3 tier cake melted and the top layer fell off. The temps outside were well over 100 degrees and the humidity was unbearable. The room was just as HOT My daughter which is 8 months pregnant nearly fainted from the heat. When I complained about the heat in the room, I was told to keep the door closed leading into the hall way because there is NO air conditioning in the hall. Kind of hard to keep the door closed when you have a 100 guest arriving. Do yourself a favor, don't waist your money on this place. This place should be condemned. It is filthy and not fit for animals to stay in.

• Stayed June 2010
3 Thank meemawof5
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Where to start? The staff was unresponsive, slow and seemed unaware of acceptable standards of cleanliness. The first room I walked into was "used". The second room had mold in the mini-fridge not to mention the AC didn't work and the entire floor had the overpowering stench of sewage. I took the third room in desperation, but it wasn't clean -- stains on carpet, furniture, etc. And during my entire stay, the same half-eaten chicken nugget sat on the floor of the elevator. Don't tell me no one on staff noticed it. The staff hung around the front desk like there wasn't anything else to do. It was plain ol' NASTY!

Worst of all? I accidentally used my key on my neighbor's door... AND IT WORKED!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank CathKorp
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Trust me! Do not stay at this hotel!

My mom, aunt and I booked this hotel for a four night stay in November 2009. First of all, do not let the name fool you. This hotel is not near the airport. Secondly, it is disgustingly dirty and infested with cockroaches.

We arrived at the airport at about 930pm and called for the airport shuttle, using the phone at the airport. The man who answered said they did not offer airport shuttle service. We advised we were looking at a sign at the airport stating otherwise. He then admitted they did have one but it is broken at the moment. He suggested we take a cab. We asked if we would be reimbursed for this. He said he did not know, but he could ask the management tomorrow, and we may be given half of the cab fare back. (which was $22.00 USD).

Whatever. That part was no big deal. But the big problems started after we checked in. The rooms were DISGUSTING! And I don't mean there was a stain on the wall, or a hair in the sink. I am talking cockroaches. Lots and lots of cockroaches. Oh, and mold. Lots and lots of mold. In the end, we moved rooms three times, and every single one had cockroaches and mold, as well as a host of other smaller issues.

During one traumatic hotel room move, we followed an employee to the laundry room as he was going to get us additional towels. He opened the door, turned on the light, and an army of cockroaches ran for cover. They are literally everywhere.

Eventually, at midnight, we checked out as we were too disgusted to fall asleep. Literally, we left in our pajamas with no idea where to go or how to get there. We just could not stay in that filth for one more second.

Please, do yourself a favor and do not stay here.

By the way, we ended up staying at the Radisson at the Airport, which was super clean, comfortable, and was actually close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family