“If you dont mind being grounded to your room after 8pm by an armed security guard, welcome home.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #101 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I'm a 41 yr old man and have spent the last 3+ yrs traveling over 300 days a year staying in Motels all over the country. On this stay my 61yr old mom and her 75 yr old husband also rented a room here so we could spend the weekend visiting. On Saturday night 4/2/2011 the three of us were sitting outside their bottom floor room enjoying the spring night talking at about 9pm. We were not drinking or loud nor did any other guests call to complain about noise but none the less an armed security guard approached us and told us to take our chairs inside that we were not allowed to sit outside after 8pm. Now don't get this wrong, I understand the hotel not wanting people drinking and raising hell at all hours of the night in fact I don't want that either. And I like the fact they have security to keep my car safe and break up any wild parties but being treated like a child and sent to my room at 9 oclock is no way to treat a paying well behaved customer. The pool area was locked and there were no other places where guests could sit outside and talk except right outside the room so if its a safety thing and has something to do with potentially obstructing the sidewalk they need to provide a place for guest to sit outside when the pool is closed for the season. The security guard with the Gun was very polite but this rule is a deal breaker for me and I will never stay here again and will think twice before staying at another motel 6. I have never had anything like this happen anywhere else but 1 bad apple will spoil the whole bushel and from this day forward motel 6 is tarnished in my mind.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else......
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank mlth0mas
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 30 June 2010

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed in. Dirty. Food left behind bed was the cause of roaches in the bedroom. Dead roaches in kitchen area. The bed was dirty with hardened staines on the blanket and quilt. Save your money and find another place. I needed to use the laundy, but with live roaches all over the room, I couldn't.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2010

This hotel had serious issues. I told the lady I needed a quiet room. Seems there is no such thing in this hotel. They moved me to another room which ended up not being any better. The first room had 2 rooms next door to it that were being used by guys who had their doors open all the time, watching the street for whoever might be driving by. Wonder what kind of business they are running? The other room they gave me had noisy neighbors as well. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank BigBear63
Reviewed 15 May 2009

Rm. 234, 3/02/09; passing through. Gratuitously rude front desk- more interested in joking with her drunk boyfriend. We were an obvious, unwelcome intrusion. Okay, let's just get to the room: Both beds had body hair on the sheets.. One bed had a blanket. one did not (no spares). Dried urine on the toilet seat. Used soap in the shower. May be the same room as "Bates Motel" described- still not cleaned. We slept in sleeping bags, on top of bed.
I'm a backpacker and budget traveler, and have slept in a lot of sketchy places around the world. Just looking for a clean bed and a shower if I'm paying. Used to be big fan of this chain- quality gone. So am I. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank jesfine
Reviewed 21 November 2007

Just OK. It seems the air conditioning (central, not a below-window unit) had been turned off for the winter, and the filter needed changing. It had one of those small, round, leaky showers I dislike. The room was clean, desk help friendly, ice machine working....but the rate was too high, and all the area hotels (8 or so) had blocked their wifi access, so we were unable to get online.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank antq
Reviewed 27 November 2006

We stopped in off the interstate on our way to New Orleans we just needed a place to stop and sleep, but this place violated some major health code violations i am sure, When I walked in there was a girl at the front desk with a Tattoo across her neck, and shady characters hanging around. and i thought to myself this is just one night and we wil be out in the morning. when we got to the room and pulled back to covers, there was "body hair" under the sheets and dried blood on the back of the comforter. Needless to say i was out the door and back to the front office, where it took and act ofcongress to get my money back. DO NOT stay here. so we drove down into Mississippi and found a nice days inn in Hernando Mississippi

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank hackjenn
Reviewed 19 March 2006

My family stayed here twice last week, as a stopover on a long road trip. We had made reservations in advance. As expected with a cheaper motel, the place was full of seedy looking characters just hanging out in the parking lot or leaning over the rails. There is security on the premises that monitor the parking lot, so that was a plus. However, I did not feel safe enough to ever stay there with a child again. We would have switched hotels, but there was a convention in town and no other rooms were open.

The room was exceptionally tiny, which was also expected for the price. The place was just old and worn out. The sinks in both rooms we stayed in were cracked and covered in cigarette burns (non-smoking rooms), as was the floor, which was also covered in suspicious looking yellow stains around the toilet. The carpets were noticably dirty in the corners and by the bed.

The second time through when we arrived there was no one to check us in. We waited a half hour and were about to leave and try the next town when the desk clerk finally arrived.

The beds were comfortable, the tv worked, and the wake-up call was on time. It's an OK place to just sleep. As the title says, you get what you pay for, just know what that $20 or so you save are really costing you. ;)

• Stayed: March 2006