“The worst ever!”

Ranked #101 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Kingston, Canada
“The worst ever!”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We had booked a non-smoking room. When we checked in the room reeked of smoke! This was the coldest night on record for May in Memphis and the heat was turned off!!
The bathroom was filthy. I could not wait to get out of there in the morning. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I'm so sorry I didn't read the reviews before staying here. First off, we had to wash the bathroom floor, cause we kept sticking to it. We also had to wash the outside of the toilet...fortunately we had vinyl gloves along. Then when I pulled down the bedcovers to climb into bed...I discovered what looked like a scab...and then a dirty sock. We immediately went to the front desk to complain. The poor clerk was so apologetic..and gave us another room. I was so glad to be able to leave at first light this morning. I couldn't get rid of the creepy crawly feelings all night. Shame on you cleaning staff....this isn't fair to travelers!

Room Tip: A very old hotel....in rough shape...but the filth was unimaginable. I wish I had thought to take a...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I repeat, do not stay here. There was a hole where the linoleum had pulled off the cement and you could see straight down to the cement. It was about one foot around. The heat was lousy. The desk clerk was hostile. I think having an intact floor is not too much to ask, even from a cheap hotel. I'm not sure I ever want to take a chance on a Motel 6 again.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I'm a 41 yr old man and have spent the last 3+ yrs traveling over 300 days a year staying in Motels all over the country. On this stay my 61yr old mom and her 75 yr old husband also rented a room here so we could spend the weekend visiting. On Saturday night 4/2/2011 the three of us were sitting outside their bottom floor room enjoying the spring night talking at about 9pm. We were not drinking or loud nor did any other guests call to complain about noise but none the less an armed security guard approached us and told us to take our chairs inside that we were not allowed to sit outside after 8pm. Now don't get this wrong, I understand the hotel not wanting people drinking and raising hell at all hours of the night in fact I don't want that either. And I like the fact they have security to keep my car safe and break up any wild parties but being treated like a child and sent to my room at 9 oclock is no way to treat a paying well behaved customer. The pool area was locked and there were no other places where guests could sit outside and talk except right outside the room so if its a safety thing and has something to do with potentially obstructing the sidewalk they need to provide a place for guest to sit outside when the pool is closed for the season. The security guard with the Gun was very polite but this rule is a deal breaker for me and I will never stay here again and will think twice before staying at another motel 6. I have never had anything like this happen anywhere else but 1 bad apple will spoil the whole bushel and from this day forward motel 6 is tarnished in my mind.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else......
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank mlth0mas
Jacksonville, Oregon
Reviewed 30 June 2010

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed in. Dirty. Food left behind bed was the cause of roaches in the bedroom. Dead roaches in kitchen area. The bed was dirty with hardened staines on the blanket and quilt. Save your money and find another place. I needed to use the laundy, but with live roaches all over the room, I couldn't.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 January 2010

This hotel had serious issues. I told the lady I needed a quiet room. Seems there is no such thing in this hotel. They moved me to another room which ended up not being any better. The first room had 2 rooms next door to it that were being used by guys who had their doors open all the time, watching the street for whoever might be driving by. Wonder what kind of business they are running? The other room they gave me had noisy neighbors as well. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank BigBear63
Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2009

Rm. 234, 3/02/09; passing through. Gratuitously rude front desk- more interested in joking with her drunk boyfriend. We were an obvious, unwelcome intrusion. Okay, let's just get to the room: Both beds had body hair on the sheets.. One bed had a blanket. one did not (no spares). Dried urine on the toilet seat. Used soap in the shower. May be the same room as "Bates Motel" described- still not cleaned. We slept in sleeping bags, on top of bed.
I'm a backpacker and budget traveler, and have slept in a lot of sketchy places around the world. Just looking for a clean bed and a shower if I'm paying. Used to be big fan of this chain- quality gone. So am I. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business