“Nice stop outside downtown”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Ranked #26 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here because it was outside the downtown area, and everything lived up to the expected standards for this chain. My son and I even got in a swim in the indoor pool, and a sit in the heated jacuzzi. Breakfast was good, but the dining area was very small, and could not accomodate all the guests during the rush period. It was a lot smaller than the one at the Hampton Inn in Columbus, GA. But the food was good, and my son learned to operate the waffle machine, making his first waffle ever! The directions on Google are off a bit, you don't have to go all the way to Walmart Dr. and make a U-turn - there is a spot to turn left (we were coming in from the East on I-40). You turn in and are facing the back of the hotel, and there's another Marriott chain right across from it when you drive around to the back. But we enjoyed the stay and our room was clean and functional. They also have a guest laundry which we used and the staff helped us with getting our supplies for it.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor near the pool and exercise room, and didn't notice any noise. It was...
1  Thank jandc5744
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Jandc5744,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our pool and hot tub. I'm also glad that you were able to take advantage of our guest laundry and your son made his first waffle! I hope that you will remember us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stopped for one night on our way BACK from Ohio to Texas....nice midway point. Our stay was so great that we've added it as one of our Onstar plan routes & deleted the hotel owned by Paris' family!!! ;-) We stayed there on our way TO Ohio & were very disappointed, especially when we compared the price & the accommodations to this Fairfield . Why pay more for less? We loved our room & were quite comfortable in it. The surrounding area offers great shopping, restaurants etc very close by the hotel. Everyone was sooooo friendly and we actually felt like they were glad we were there. There's a concept!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana P
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi Diana P,
Of course we are glad you are here! Thank you so much for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm so glad to hear that we are now an official stop in your navigation system! We appreciate you telling others about us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here one night on our way home from New Orleans. I was impressed with the very modern and clean lobby area. The room was also very modern and clean. My 13 year old daughter loved the look! The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. We asked for extra blankets and were accomodated immediately. The pool area was nice but the hot tub wasn't terribly hot. There weren't many pool towels available, the ones that were available were simply laid over the chairs in the pool area. There didn't seem to be a supply in a central location. There were alot of restaurants and a shopping mall very close by.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear FamilyTraveler4236,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our clean and modern hotel. Please accept my apologies that our pool area did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Upon our arrival we were greeted by John and Lindsey. John checked us in and after swiping my card I noticed that the room charge was considerably more than what I had reserved it for. When I questioned John about the price difference he stated that it was for internet usage and all of the hotels are doing this now. I reminded John that they offer FREE complimentary WiFi and no not all hotels do this. The following morning I went down for breakfast and after putting waffle batter in the waffle iron I could not get the timer to start. When I brought this to the breakfast room attendants attention she stated "it just does that sometimes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't." Thank goodness I am an experienced cook and know the proper cooking time for a waffle!! Day 2 I asked the question"where do the locals go to eat barbeque" I was given a sheet with a listing of restaurants, I said no I don't want touristy restaurant chains I want local (no help). I googled a few places and when I asked about them well I again was met with resistance and was told that they had never heard of them. We chose The Barbeque Shop. I do not understand how a person from that area could not know about this place. It is family owned, been in business forever, and was even featured on The Andrew Zimmerman show on the food network channel for their barbeque spaghetti. Day 3 breakfast room full. When I inquired about where I should sit I was told that the breakfast room is not big enough and this happens sometimes but I could sit in the main lobby and have breakfast. I chose to wait until a table was available. WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank deuxcajunvoyageurs
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Deuxcajunvoyageurs,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the level of service you received during your stay. It is always our goal to impress our guests, and it saddens me to think that my staff was anything less than helpful and friendly. I will share your comments with my entire staff to ensure future guests do not have the same experience. I hope you will reconsider and allow us to show you the level of service of which our guests have come to expect.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Thank you very much, for our wonderful, and delightful stay at your hotel ,from your staff, and the good food, and the oustanding facilities , that was at our service, we will stay here again, if ever we are in Memphis, thank you again,,,,,,Sincerely

Room Tip: outstanding in every area, the handicap room that we stayed in , was close to everything on the firs...
1  Thank robert h
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Robert H,
Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East so much! I will be sure to let my staff know. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've stayed here twice, and I was pleased each time. The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. Plenty of restaurants near by, and easy access to the interstate. There is some construction on the interstate, so a drive downtown might take a little longer. Steak & Shake is in walking distance. They have a nice breakfast buffet, but the seating is limited.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear M V,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and complimentary breakfast. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed for one night as I was travelling through Memphis.
The hotel is close to lots of restaurants and easy to find. Not close to the main attractions but it was easy to get to them.
The room was very clean, breakfast was good and the front desk staff were extremely helpful. I was pretty frazzled after being on the road for the entire day and they took good care of me.
I will second another review that the air conditioning worked very well. I usually set it around 74 to keep a room cool but I had this one at 78 and the room was plenty cool.
The bed was a little firm for my taste but I slept good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mcrogle
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Mcrogle,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed our clean rooms, complimentary breakfast and friendly staff! Our goal is to impress our guests, and it sounds like we did just that. I hope we can welcome you back soon.