“Adequate Hotel”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #84 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel two separate times as it was close to the airport and Graceland but we also had free nights. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. Rooms were clean but not spotless as there was the black mold around the bathtub caulking - a big turn off! Light breakfast consisted of rolls, hard boiled eggs, waffles & cereal. The building just needed some maintainance - curb appeal, front desk , stairwells. It was also located by a busy road which quieted down by 8;00 Of the five different Choice hotels we stayed at on this trip I would rate this at the bottom. The last night we were there two young men decided to pull the tires off a car, do something to the steering and play loud music outside our window until around 8:00 when they finally got the car running. I think there could have been a better place to overhaul a car! The other hotels were decorated for fall inside and out while this one just had a few things around the dining area. It was an ok place for 1 or 2 nights.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the east side as it is close to a major road.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed here after a week traveling in Tenn. as we had a morning flight. We got a very reasonable rate. If you get a low rate,it is all right. Since it's close to the airport, you hear planes ealry in the morning. Breakfast was standard. Near Graceland also. Not the newest Comfort Inn but it was clean,comfortable and staff was nice. The friendly woman at the desk told us about a good BBQ restaurant near Graceland and a singer was performing Friday night. The place was hopping. Sorry I don't remeber the name, we ate in quite a few good BBQ restaurants in Memphis. Btw, the Rendevous , downtown was the best BBQ restaurant I've ever dined in.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We travel for business and stay in hotels 5 months of the year, and so have a lot of points of comparison. This hotel was basically lean and well kept but an older property. If you were to just put me in the room and ask me to guess the brand, I would have said it was an Econolodge. That brand tends to be older, fewer frills and its quality can vary from quite good to very bad. (If this were an Econolodge I would have said it was a good one. As a Confort Inn I would rate it as a bit less than I expect.)

The price was good and the check in staff was friendly and helpful. We had a rare day off and asked about a shuttle to Graceland, which they do offer-- Graceland is a couple of blocks away. The shuttle is the same price as parking at the attraction, so it is not much of a benefit. I do not know if they charge to take the shuttle to and from the airport as well.

I have one particular pet peeve that will keep me from visiting this hotel again. We have a routine when traveling. We often check in late and work late. In order for my partner to preserve his energy for our tour, I get up early and get breakfast for him and we eat in the room. I also dislike having all the noise of all the people around in the morning. Occasionally we run into a hotel where there is a sign that says "breakfast is to be eaten only in the breakfast room." Usually it is in an Econolodge, not a more upscale brand. In this hotel, as I was pouring coffee, a worker in the breakfast area noticed my tray and said "breakfast is not for your room." When I pay for a room that includes breakfast, I like to be able to eat it. So I make a note never to stay in these properties a second time. This may not be a problem for every traveler, but it is my pet peeve and we have a lot of options.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank llee611838
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Comfort inn and comfort suites are different. Always opt for comfort suites. Complimentary breakfast was disappointing. However this facility was reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank L G
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Hotel was very clean, soft sheets and pillows and towels!! Really close to Graceland and near the interstate to go downtown. Staff was friendly. Has a breakfast- nothing overly special but we were full- Some cereal, toast, danishes, waffles and bagels. We had two double beds and were worried 4 people wouldn't fit into them but beds were very comfy and we fit! Secure parking lot. easy to get to- we had a great time for the price and definitely go back!! we had two double beds and were worried 4 people wouldn't fit into them but beds were very comfy and we fit!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank peachie_36
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Stayed here as it was close to Graceland and like Comfort Inn chain. Although not in the best neighborhood, I felt safe (we were a couple of single ladies). Staff was kind & helpful, but room was not clean. Looks as if it's used heavily by truckers, but for the casual traveler or vacationer, choose something else to be completely comfortable. We had to change sheets out on the bed (stained) and furniture and floor were not at all cleaned well. I would not stay here again or recommend it to my family & friends.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank EuroShanny
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I booked this hotel on the phone-was told must cancel before 4 pm. We did not arrive in Salem until 5pm. When we got to the motel there were people(didn't look too good) hanging about in the chain link fenced yard. It was a neighborhood of abandoned buildings, dirt, crime and generally a place noone would want to stay. We went in, asked to see the room-we went down a dirty hallway and into a room in which the pillows looked like they had been used. The carpet was dirty and the bathroom was poorly outfitted to be a handicap room. We went up front and told the receptionist we would be staying, canceled our reservation for 2 days but were not refunded any money. Not up to any standards.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple