“Repeat customer” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #84 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Orange Co, Indiana
“Repeat customer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several years for Elvis Week. It has had several name changes but the staff is still the same. The staff is very nice and go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. My plan is to stay at this hotel for many years to come.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Richmond , Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was one of four sisters who came to spend the full week at GRACELAND and stayed at the Budgetel on Millbranch. While it is not a four star hotel it is clean, very safe and you cannot ask for nicer people who work there! All of my sisters agree with this comment! We stayed in the same room and had plenty of space. This is saying alot for four women together! I would not hesitate to come back and I'm sure we will. They provide a shuttle to the airport and to GRACELAND which we used quite often. Ms. Daisy at the front desk is a JEWEL as is everyone who works there.We all THANK YOU so much for helping to make our stay a very memoriable one.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor and as there is an elevator we found it to be very good.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is our 3rd time staying here, and we wouldn't stay at any other place in this area. The rates are reasonable, staff is beyond friendly, and it is very clean here. We have never once had any problem staying here ever. There is alot to do in this area as well. Marlowe's restaurant, Graceland, etc. Mostly truck drivers stay at this hotel, as they have trucks in the shop. It is quiet inside the hotel, and never any rowdy people have been present any of the times we have stayed here. They have a continental breakfast with toast, cereals, donuts, & pastries, a waffle maker, boiled eggs, coffee, juices, & milk. Good place to stay!

Room Tip: As with any hotel you stop at: ask to see the room before paying. It prevents problems if you don...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Centennial, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel two separate times as it was close to the airport and Graceland but we also had free nights. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. Rooms were clean but not spotless as there was the black mold around the bathtub caulking - a big turn off! Light breakfast consisted of rolls, hard boiled eggs, waffles & cereal. The building just needed some maintainance - curb appeal, front desk , stairwells. It was also located by a busy road which quieted down by 8;00 Of the five different Choice hotels we stayed at on this trip I would rate this at the bottom. The last night we were there two young men decided to pull the tires off a car, do something to the steering and play loud music outside our window until around 8:00 when they finally got the car running. I think there could have been a better place to overhaul a car! The other hotels were decorated for fall inside and out while this one just had a few things around the dining area. It was an ok place for 1 or 2 nights.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the east side as it is close to a major road.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed here after a week traveling in Tenn. as we had a morning flight. We got a very reasonable rate. If you get a low rate,it is all right. Since it's close to the airport, you hear planes ealry in the morning. Breakfast was standard. Near Graceland also. Not the newest Comfort Inn but it was clean,comfortable and staff was nice. The friendly woman at the desk told us about a good BBQ restaurant near Graceland and a singer was performing Friday night. The place was hopping. Sorry I don't remeber the name, we ate in quite a few good BBQ restaurants in Memphis. Btw, the Rendevous , downtown was the best BBQ restaurant I've ever dined in.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Rochester Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

We travel for business and stay in hotels 5 months of the year, and so have a lot of points of comparison. This hotel was basically lean and well kept but an older property. If you were to just put me in the room and ask me to guess the brand, I would have said it was an Econolodge. That brand tends to be older, fewer frills and its quality can vary from quite good to very bad. (If this were an Econolodge I would have said it was a good one. As a Confort Inn I would rate it as a bit less than I expect.)

The price was good and the check in staff was friendly and helpful. We had a rare day off and asked about a shuttle to Graceland, which they do offer-- Graceland is a couple of blocks away. The shuttle is the same price as parking at the attraction, so it is not much of a benefit. I do not know if they charge to take the shuttle to and from the airport as well.

I have one particular pet peeve that will keep me from visiting this hotel again. We have a routine when traveling. We often check in late and work late. In order for my partner to preserve his energy for our tour, I get up early and get breakfast for him and we eat in the room. I also dislike having all the noise of all the people around in the morning. Occasionally we run into a hotel where there is a sign that says "breakfast is to be eaten only in the breakfast room." Usually it is in an Econolodge, not a more upscale brand. In this hotel, as I was pouring coffee, a worker in the breakfast area noticed my tray and said "breakfast is not for your room." When I pay for a room that includes breakfast, I like to be able to eat it. So I make a note never to stay in these properties a second time. This may not be a problem for every traveler, but it is my pet peeve and we have a lot of options.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank llee611838
Mangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2010

Comfort inn and comfort suites are different. Always opt for comfort suites. Complimentary breakfast was disappointing. However this facility was reasonable.

• Stayed December 2010