“All that was available near airport during visit”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #83 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Harrison
“All that was available near airport during visit”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This was the only hotel close to the airport with vacancy when I was there in May of 2013. It would not have been my first choice. The staff was friendly. The hotel is a bit dated and run down. It used to be a different name and they have not done a lot of things to update the property. This would not be my choice on my next visit to Memphis. It was a last minute trip to the city and Memphis was booked up. I will not visit this location again for a stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Roger L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
El Dorado, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The stay at this hotel was more depressing than the funeral we were in town for. The rooms are seriously outdated and on the 2nd day we were there the elevator was put out of order. There were no apologies from the desk, we were told the hotel would not give any type of discount due to the inconvenience (mind you we were on the 3rd floor). There were 2 desk clerks that actually laughed when we asked about a discount and one was beyond rude. To arrive back to the hotel, climb up the stairs only to have to go BACK downstairs because our room keys didn't work...I can see why this hotel is no longer with the Choice Hotel brand. As a hotel employee even I can say the desk clerks were rude and the room was not worth the money! Next time we will stick with the Choice Hotel brand NO MATTER WHAT!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Veronique S

Travellers are raving about these Memphis hotels

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Let's see - super friendly staff, comfy king size bed, clean room, and breakfast in the morning. Only stayed one night since we were traveling to Atlanta the next morning. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank phillygirl1062
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for seven nights while my truck was being worked on at the International Truck dealer about two miles away and I think it was well worth it. The staff was great and really friendly and they do have a shuttle van that'll take you anywhere nearby. They do allow pets in certain rooms only and you do have to put down a deposit, they also do have a washer and dryer on the third floor with a laundry vending machine on the wall. The rooms are decently appointed with a closet with a ironing board and iron, vanity area (sink & mirror) in the entry and a shower/tub & toilet in a seperate room off the entry. In the main room was a mini refrigerator, microwave, large flat screen HDTV, dresser, two mirrors, a nightstand, and a table. The beds were comfortable and the safety window opened only about a fifth of the way.

It is an industrial area but don't let that deter you as your less than five miles from Elvis's Graceland house. There are many restaraunts and fast food locations within a few minutes drive with one called The Kettle within walking distance.

The hotel does have a free breakfast which consists of cereal, muffins, bagels, and hard boiled eggs with orange juice, milk, and cold water. There is a toaster available as well but you must eat it in the lobby. They also do NOT have room for a tractor-trailer (18 wheeler) RV, buss, or a camper trailer here. The might have some room for a bobtail (cab part of the tractor-trailer) but you'll need to call them to verify.

I'll deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Coasterjunky
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My family & I had an emergency. We needed rooms quickly & inexpensive. Mr. Jay the hotel manager made this possible. Once my family arrived, Mr. Jay, Mrs. Daisy & the house keeping supervisor were of great assistance. The rooms were great & the service. We stayed from February 8-10. The Marlow family wanted to let the public know, how great my family stay was & that we appreciate the good hospitality.

Thanks again,
Sharon Nelms

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank SNelms
Cabot
Reviewed 5 November 2012

i have stayed at this hotel for many years. it has gone through a few name changes but the staff has remained the same. the owner is really nice and a pleasure to talk to. the fitness center is accomodating and everything works well in there. the rooms has flat screens and the showers have great pressure. the channel selection is plentiful. the breakfast is small and only has waffles, cereal, and boiled eggs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. and according to the person commenting about bugs, all i can say is ive stayed in this hotel 50 times in the last 5 years and have not once seen any. this hotel use to be a comfort inn, so the rooms are of comfort inn quality.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 September 2012

On Friday, August 3, 2012, my family and I checked into the Budgetel Inn located at 3005 MillBranch Road in Memphis, Tennessee. We were a late arrival guaranteed with a credit card. Our room, while sparse, appeared to be clean. We slept that evening and on the next da, Saturday, August 4th, left for our visit to Graceland. Upon returning to the room, my husband and children decided to take an afternoon nap while my mother and I spent time in the lobby.

At approximately 4 p.m., my husband awoke to find roaches crawling on the lapshade near his bed. He immediately brought this to my attention and I caught one of the roaches in a small cup of water. My husband and I went to the front desk and without making a scene, talked with the young lady who was the evening desk clerk. We explained and showed her what we had found in our room. She made note of the incident in a spiral-bound notebook and through the cup away.

At no time in our conversation did she offer us other accomodations. We then told her that we were not comfortable staying in the facility and checked out. We asked that we be compensated for that evening, but she told us that she did not have the authority to do so and gave us a business card. She printed the name of the manager who would be working the next day, a Ms. Daisy Hart and stated that we could contact her. She also annotated on our guest folio printout "DAYROOM ROACHES IN ROOM."

Upon arriving at our home on Sunday, August 5th, I contacted Ms. Hart who graciously acknowledged that she was aware of the situation, but that it would be up to the general manager to make the decision to refund our money. I asked if I could speak with him, a Mr. Jay Patel, but was told by Ms. Hart that he was not available but she would be talking with him and would contact me later.

On Monday, August 6th, I called the hotel again and asked Ms. Hart if she had spoken with Mr. Patel to which she stated that she had and he had related that he had checked the room and found no other bugs. Furthermore, he would be checking the next day and would get back with us.

On August 10th, I sent a letter to the corporate office of Budgetel requesting that the $86.97 charge be refunded to our credit card. As of this date, we have not had any response to our correspondence.
Today is Wednesday, August 8th, and we have had no further resolution to this issue.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family