“Do not stay here on the weekend”

Quality Suites I-240 East-Airport
Ranked #89 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I travel mainly for business. So, when I get to the room at night, I'm doing work and trying to relax. VERY hard to do when you have a Bunch of screaming kids running up and down the hall from the pool, and the slamming of the doors. Plus, the people above up all night walking around. During the week was better, some, but still not great. It's not a good area of the city, either. The breakfast was not what I was expecting for a Comfort Suites. More like a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

I had to find a room late at last minute....From the moment I called before arriving & then once I arrived (1am) until the time I left (6am) the guy at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. I also used their airport shuttle and the driver was friendly too! Will stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Nice hotel. Spacious suites, quiet and well equipped. Clean, comfortable and welcoming reception. Average breakfast.

Arrival was the typical Choice Hotel cock up. Go to room 401, door won't open, that's because it says 201 not 401; 201 stinks; change room to 303, Wifi doesn't work they need to reboot switch on the connection which is in 304 - bizarre. Also noticed there was an ironing board but no iron.

Acid test is I would stay there again.

HOPEFULLY CHOICE MANAGEMENT IS READING THIS BECAUSE I THINK THERE'S A REAL QUALITY CONTROL ISSUE AT YOUR HOTELS.

arrival at this hotel - see above - just about sums up whats happening at choice hotels. after a long journey you get to your room and there's a problem .

previous hotel the toilet was blocked.

we've now go and inspect the room first and check that everything works, especially wifi, before moving in and settling down.

yes staff do put things right fairly promptly but it's just a level of agro you dont need when you've just driven all day and are tired. whatever happened to quality control. why don't you check everything's ok.

i've been a choice customer for years and am fairly loyal but i am getting to the point where i'm starting to think of switching brands.

and whilst i'm having a good old rant isn't it about time that you realised that wifi is an essential. when i switch the light on i expect it to work first time and not have to put in some inane pissword and faff around.

then i dont expect to be told it's very slow because people are using it - that excuse wouldn't cut it with other utilities, too many people switching on lights / turning on the taps.

why do you need passwords and logons. get real think about the potential abuse from outsiders versus customer service. why can't i just walk in and it works and its high speed as in your adverts.

constructive rant over.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyandWendy12
Reviewed 7 May 2013

If you don't mind the pungent odor of Marijuana then book your stay in Memphis at the Thousand Oaks Comfort Suites. Besides the smell, this facility was a breeding ground for suspicious activities. Security doors did not lock on one side of the hotel. Management was unable to secure building from bad element that was swarming around the parking lot where security lock inoperable. I witnessed him walking out to this area several times. Each time ended the same, this bad element was not going to leave. In my opinion Security is the most important part of a good stay at a hotel. However, it seems to be overlooked! I would not recommend single women, families, or the elderly to stay at this hotel.
Sincerely, Kansas Mason

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have stayed at the comfort suites several times and it has always been great. Staff is always the best! Ricky, Scott, and Shay are the soooo helpful. They have recently upgraded the rooms with new pictures, and paint. I think this is a wonderful hotel and everytime my kids and I come to visit we will definitely stay at the Comfort Suites Thousand Oaks! :)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I do stay here on a regular basis and I have no problems. If I do they are quickly taken care of by the staff, all of whom are friendly and accommodating.The day manger, Scott Akin, is almost always there during the day and as friendly as ever. He can answer your questions about anything concerning Memphis or tell you a good joke. All the van drivers are friendly as well and will try their best to whisk you to the airport or where ever you need to go. Everyone has a smile for you when they see you.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We travel allot, stay in high dollar hotels usually but I wanted a private jacuzzi this time, none of the Hiltons, Marriotts, or Double Tree locations had one in the room. This one did so we gave them a chance. From the word go it was exceptional, the room was huge with a separate living room, enormous bathroom, great jacuzzi, comfy bed, fridge microwave, two flat screens, nice work area and clean room. My only complaint is the pillows LOL they need king sized ones on the king bed, and I don't like feather pillows... But seriously thats my only complaint. The staff especially Scott was amazing, eager to please and very knowledgeable about Memphis highlights. We will be loyal to them from now on every time we're in Memphis.

• Stayed: March 2013