“Beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dixon Gallery & Gardens

Dixon Gallery & Gardens
Ranked #27 of 152 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Art museum specializing in impressionist and post-impressionist painting, featuring work by Matisse, Renoir, Gaugin, Cassat and Turner.
New Braunfels, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

The gardens are gorgeous and the collection impressive. We visited during the American Photography exhibit and loved it.

Memphis, Tennessee
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Three thumbs up :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

The gardens were absolutely lovely! The different art exhibits were very impressive, too. I especially liked the local artist exhibit. I visited with my 12 year old daughter who loved the gallery just as much as I did. She asked if we could go again. I definitely plan to return later on in the Spring after the flowers have bloomed. For those looking to save a few dollars, there is no admission fee on Saturdays between 10am-12pm.

Augusta, GA
583 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 474 helpful votes
“Great but could have been better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

If you love impressionist art like I do, you will love this museum. However, many of the impressionist paintings are not on display currently because there is a photography exhibit, so they had to take down the impressionists to make room. Loved what I saw nevertheless. The time of year we visited was not great to tour the gardens, so we didn't.

Melbourne, Florida
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Good regional art museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Dixon has a nice collection of Impressionist art, along with a small, but interesting display of pewter. The house itself is a refreshing change from a standard art museum. The gardens were nice, but as we are not that interested in horticulture, we didn't spend much time in them. We visited on a warm day and were happy that bottles of water were available to purchase at the entry booth.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank The_Adamses
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the gallery. They had just opened an exhibit on African American religious art which was very interesting. We loved the permanent exhibit of the impressionist paintings. The gardens were peaceful and well tended. There was very little color since it was in October but I'm sure it is gorgeous in the spring. I still enjoyed walking the paths and communing with nature.

Visited October 2013