“More Than Music, It Puts It All In Context.”

Dixon Gallery & Gardens
Ranked #31 of 156 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Art museum specializing in impressionist and post-impressionist painting, featuring work by Matisse, Renoir, Gaugin, Cassat and Turner.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We spent a very enjoyable visit at this informative museum. We were enticed to go since it is affiliated with the Smithsonian and we weren't disappointed.

The displays were informative and well identified and the audio self guide provided enough informative to put the music into an historical context of the south.

1  Thank Murray S
There are newer reviews for Dixon Gallery & Gardens

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The gardens and art collections at Dixon are some of the best memphis has to offer. Generally better than Brooks but of course that depends on the exhibit. well worth the suggested donation.

1  Thank susQnyc
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I took my 86 y/o mother to the gardens and gallery on 4-6-14. The daffodils, hyacinths and tulips in the gardens are gorgeous this time of year. The gallery had exhibits of a flowers-as-art competition and a horticulture competition.

BONUS: The first weekend of each month entry is free to Bank of America account holders who present their debit/credit card as proof of account ownership.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The gardens are gorgeous and the collection impressive. We visited during the American Photography exhibit and loved it.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The gardens were absolutely lovely! The different art exhibits were very impressive, too. I especially liked the local artist exhibit. I visited with my 12 year old daughter who loved the gallery just as much as I did. She asked if we could go again. I definitely plan to return later on in the Spring after the flowers have bloomed. For those looking to save a few dollars, there is no admission fee on Saturdays between 10am-12pm.