“The nicest property in the area”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #34 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I travel to Memphis frequently and used to stay at another hotel in the area. This was my first time at this Holiday Inn. It is a pretty new property. I think it is only 3 or 4 years old. The check-in was quick and easy. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The internet speed here was quite good for a hotel and I had no issues with it. The exercise room is bigger than most and each cardio machine had its own TV although one of them was not working on one of the treadmills. The hotel also has an indoor pool which I did not use. There is also a restaraunt bar and restaurant which I also did not use. All-in-all a very nice hotel and I will be staying here again on my next trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Duane1969

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Check in was easy and quick. Room was well prepared was very comfortable, big spacious and clean. Didn't have to ask for a thing. Everything was there including an iron and an ironing board. Breakfast buffet was well done with a great selection including fresh baked biscuits. Sausage links were great and bacon was crisp. All personnel were friendly and helpful and presented a demeanor that they were glad to be there and gracious in their hospitality. Woflchase Galleria is literally within sight and a one minute drive. We were near the elevator and ice machine but heard nothing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lewis L
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This property is large and attractive. Room was comfortable. But...I requested a room away from ice machine and elevator. He must have misunderstood because we couldn't have bee closer unless he set a bed right in front of the elevator! Then we went down for dinner. The "dining room" is in the bar. TV's at each booth...kind of like a truck stop. No table had been bused but that was understandable...there was ONE woman to tend bar, wait and bus tables. The wait for both menus and food was very long, but again, she was all alone. A manager came out from the kitchen area and instead of lending a hand he struck up a conversation with a lone female diner and then sat down at her booth and talked and talked and talked...and never did help. He seemed oblivious to the chaotic scene around him. The food was awful! Well, spouse's salad was ok but I ordered fried chicken and yuck! Flat chicken cutlet with a horrible coating...certainly nothing one would expect to find in the south. We'll probably be back in Memphis some other time. Want to guess where we will NOT stay?

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UMichAlum
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear UMichAlum,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We are delighted you found our property large and attractive. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize for falling short of your expectations. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 November 2013

As always Kim' get me in and out with very fast check in. Place is very clean and warm. Staff is always friendly. I like the fact the whole place is non smoking. Food was good also. Everything is real close and it is also easy to get to. Thanks Kim

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay. The bed was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and the pool was excellent. The Saturday breakfast buffet staff were so nice. Also appreciated was the fridge and microwave already added to each room.
The mall is in walking distance and has a theatre inside.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CYJ483
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel was great. Next to a large mall and lots of places to eat. Wouldn't recommend the hotel resteraunt. The staff was very helpful. Had car service to take me where I wanted while I waited to be able to check in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We spent the night here in the last night of our 2 week fall road trip. I am a platinum elite rewards member so I always stay in a ihg property. I must say we saved the best for last. The front desk staff were very courteous and went out of there way to make sure everything was perfect for our stay. My only regret was that we only had time to stay here one night. But since I am from arkansas I travel to memphis often so I will make this my new home away from home. Everything from check in to bedding to housekeeping staff were always going above and beyond. Thank you for a great stay. See you soon 2 weeks to be exact!!

Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!