“No rest at all. Sleepless night.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #37 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Ozark, Missouri
“No rest at all. Sleepless night.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We were traveling back home from vacation and needed a hotel to spend the night. We found this hotel. It looked very pretty and clean, so we made reservations and booked it. We booked 2 rooms with 2 queen beds. We arrived around 6 pm. The front desk lady was very nice to us. We then went upstairs to go to our room. The room was very nice. Smelled nice. Everything was clean and felt very comfortable. I then opened the mini fridge to put some water bottles in it and there open drinks left in there from the previous people. Ewww. STRIKE 1.
We then left to go get dinner. We then returned around 9 pm. We started getting ready for bed around 10:30pm.
I got into bed around 11 pm, but couldn't fall asleep. There was a lady in the hallway talking on her phone so loudly that you could hear every word she was saying. And her room was right next to us. The walls are so thin and not sound proof that you can hear everything that goes on in the room next to you. STRIKE 2.
This lady kept going back and forth between the hallway and her room. So the door was slamming shut. And their doors are very loud when you close them. STRIKE 3.
I finally couldn't take it anymore and opened my door to tell her to please be quiet. This was already at midnight. She kindly said sorry and went back into her room.
I finally had fallen asleep when a very loud unusual alarm woke me up. It was the fire alarm!! This was around 2 am. We were frantically running around trying to figure out why the alarm went of. We heard fire trucks come to the hotel as well. I tried calling the front desk but no answer. Finally I got through to them and they said it was a false alarm. We aren't mad about this because false alarms happen but when I was checking out, they could have at least apologize for all of this commotion. No sorry at all. STRIKE 4.
I finally fell asleep around 3 am.
This was a horrible experience. I'm a very light sleeper and will not be staying here again. I don't know how anyone can stay here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Alvira K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Alvira K,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bolingbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My family and have traveled to the Memphis area three times in the last year and will only stay here. The hotel is in a great location with shopping and restaurants within walking distance. The service is top notch and if you don't mind spending a little bit more, the one bedroom suite is well worth the extra money.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank E V
Richwood, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is Marvelous! Everything from Checking in, to breakfast, to having to leave, this hotel excelled in every aspect. was greeted as an IHC rewards member and upgraded accordingly. Breakfast Buffet was great food, not the usual processed foods. Bed was very comfortable, and housekeeping was immaculate. Highly recommend staying here. The cost is a little more, but worth the cost.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gravesend, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, clean and nicely decorated, staff are fantastic and very helpful, especially Logan on front desk, breakfast very tasty, we stayed for 2 nights and found it very relaxing coming back after sight seeing, thank you for a great stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracey M
Fort Gibson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here on way home from Tenn, after my daughters college graduation and WOW ! I booked a one bedroom suite and it was fabulous. We had a fourth floor corner room, ad the living area had ceiling to floor windows on two corners offering beautiful views of the surrounding area, bed was very comfortable, bathroom spacious and very nice, towels great, kitchenette very nice, lots of room. Daughter slept on the sofa bed which the mattress was a little thin, but not terrible. Front desk staff were very nice, lots of restaurants and shopping nearby, very nice area, will definitely stay here again if I am back thru this area. Definitely like this old style Holiday Inn as compared to the Holiday In Expresses, don't get me wrong both are nice, but this old school full sized hotel is opulent.

Room Tip: Ask for suite on higher floor, corner room, they are quiet and have great views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very nice hotel in a great location in West Memphis. Wonderful staff. But currently they have a FREE breakfast buffet. Or at least they did when I booked. But the front desk staff didn't know it until I showed them the listing on my phone. So make sure you tell them to give you a certificate for it. Good breakfast buffet!

Room Tip: I asked for the side away from the interstate, but I'm a light sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Although not as posh as the accommodations we usually seek in downtown Memphis we thought we would give this place a try. Beds were great, indoor pool was small and crowded but the Tot didn't notice at all. Room package came with breakfast and $50 in Amex gift cards. Staff was lovely and respectful and breakfast was all you can eat buffet that was very good too. The only drawback was distance to the zoo and construction in major highways there. Took us 35 minutes to travel about 10 miles.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank TotandMom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!