“Great Location”

Vista Inn & Suites Memphis
Ranked #65 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We went to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl and were able to secure a motel room for a little over $100 while all of the other downtown motels were charging at least twice that. In addition, parking is free. This was quite a plus! We were able to walk all over downtown Memphis and to Beale Street. The breakfast is truly continental--not much to speak of but we had a refrigerator and microwave in our room and ended up having breakfast in our room. The room we had was fairly small for for the amount of time spent in it, it was fine. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: You might want to get a room on the 2nd floor. We were on the first floor and I kept hearing people...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AngelaP6399

Reviewed 6 January 2014

we have stayed here 3 times and the people are great! located downtown and a good price! the workers are always so helpful! not fancy but efficient. we would deifinitely stay again. we could walk every where we wanted to visit downtown. close to baseball field and fed ex forum.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on my yearly trip to Memphis for the past 9 years! The room is not 5 star, but they don't claim to be. The rooms are clean and roomy. The location can't be beat for the price. Once we park our car upon arrival, we don't move it again until we leave... you can walk anywhere! The people who own and work at the hotel are beyond kind. And if you're there in the summer months... don't forget your swim suit! Memphis is HOT and their pool is great! If you want a Holiday Inn... go stay in one... if you want a place for a great price and close to everything downtown Memphis has to offer... this is the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Prudence L
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have mixed feelings about writing this review. The location is great, staff is friendly and the price is certainly fair for a quick visit. We felt safe staying there, even though it was a cold night and not many people were out on the streets.
The bad: Be aware that the hotel DOES NOT have a website. Online searches send you to what appears to be the hotel's website, but instead is a reservation center. We had to cancel our original visit due to weather. We re-scheduled it for a later date, which involved cancelling the original reservation and making a new one. We understood that we were within the cancellation timeframe and received a confirmation number. When I didn't receive my credit, I called and was told that the deadline was 12:00am on a certain date. This means you have to cancel the day BEFORE that date. For a one night stay, they charged one night's rate as a penalty. The hotel has nothing to do with this process and could not help. Lucky for me my credit card will fight it, but if you're going here, make your reservation by phone directly with the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Buferson
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel in September. It is not 5 star, this is clearly stated. It is however in a perfect location, less than a 5 minute walk to Beale street and the staff are really friendly. They were really helpful when we asked where to find a particular restaurant, and even gave us other alternatives when we decided it may be too far out. The rooms are basic but perfectly comfortable and have everything you need. For the price, you really cannot complain, I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lornatik
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here on a tour, so I don't really know what standard of room we got (I will assume the cheapest twin share available), but I can assure you it is not like the featured photos!

We checked in, and went into the room, it had a funny smell, stained carpets, and the bathroom was scary to say the least! Luckily, we were basically only there to sleep!

The lady at the front desk was very rude, the vending machines were out of bottled water, though they did sell it at Reception, the breakfast was dismal - fruit, yoghurt tubs, and some muffins.

The only good thing about it, is the location! Very close to the main nightlife strip, and close to the baseball stadium!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Located within easy walking distance of Beale St. Very nice for the price. It's a little old, but well kept up. My room, which appeared to have been recently painted, had a 'fridge and a microwave. The sink and bathroom area, which can be a bit grungy in some low price motels, was pristine.
Breakfast was cold cereal, muffins, etc. - not sumptuous, but adequate. (And if you want more there's a Denny's just a block away.)
Office staff was very friendly and helpful. She offered to put me in a room where my motorcycle could be parked right outside the window. Nice. She also helped me find a nearby vegetarian restaurant.
I will definitely return to the Vista Inn for my annual trip to Memphis and the Beale St blues clubs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo