“Almost perfect”

Courtyard Memphis Downtown
Ranked #33 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Yes I say almost perfect. I entered my room and found that it was not set up to sleep 4 as i requested. However, once i informed the front desk they did make the corrections fast & allowed me to still have a corner room with a balcony. The room layout was wonderful. Plenty of space for my party of 4 & again, the balcony was a nice feature that overlooked Main St.
Now on to the "almost" part. The microwave did not work, & a late night request for an additional pillow went unfulfilled. The biggest shocker came in the morning. The room did not come with breakfast like any other Marriott that I have stayed in. They have added The Bistro which has a nice variety of food, but just not included with your stay.

Room Tip: Request a corner balcony overlooking Main St.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 126RichardM126
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thanks for you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. I am glad we were able to quickly resolve your issues and insure your comfort. While other Marriott brands do offer free breakfast, Courtyard is not one of the brands that do. Instead, we offer a restaurant that has a wider variety of options including many many made to order options. We also offer a breakfast package room rate that may meet your needs on your next Courtyard stay.

Thanks again and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel last March, we were on a roadtrip through Tennessee and Memphis was our first stop (2 adults and 2 little kids). This is a nicer Courtyard than other locations we've stayed in the past, probably because it's new. It's walking distance to Beale Street and several other attractions (Mud Island River Park, Peabody Hotel, Rock and Soul Museum, Gibson tour, Fedex Forum). There is a trolley stop steps away from the hotel's entrance. Our room with 2 queen beds was spacious, modern and had a small balcony. The bathroom was also a good size with a large shower. Parking is not free, valet will cost you quite a bit but you can self park at a public parking lot a block away for less. Free wi-fi worked well, breakfast is not included (standard for Courtyards) and we tried the breakfast at their Bistro in the lobby one day, the food was good and they have a nice seating area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for staying with us again. We look forward to having you as our guest again on your future visits to Memphis.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My 20+ year pal who is in the exec team at AutoZone suggested your hotel. I asked the valet to park my Porsche (your parking is off-site). The hotel was sold out and my client CEO and VP could not stay with me at the MCY. They were jealous. The room, bed, peace and quiet all were perfection. The hotel staff was very friendly. They were on top of the food, bar, and greetings. Superb team. My only disappointment is zero discount for AARP. Full retail. The clerk who checked me in used obtuse reasoning. "We are sold out so we can not offer any discounts." One night, I paid $274.51. This includes $18 to park the Porsche. Room rate of $204. Memphis is NOT NYC or Tokyo, friends. The breakfast was brilliant and an excellent value. I walked the tram line to the Grille, one of my favs. Walking home after dinner I got hit on 3 times by AGGRESSIVE panhandlers. Not comforting. As a very fit male, I was not annoyed. Others may not feel so comfortable telling the panhandlers to bug off.

Room Tip: Rates are HIGH. I had a 9 AM appointment. Therefore, I was willing to pay the high rates so I could...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank robinbayvillage

Thank you for your comments. We will share them with all of our associates. I am sorry to hear about your experience with panhandlers. I have passed your comments on to the main street policing agency who monitor that activity for their attention. Thanks again and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just returned from a Memphis/Nashville tour. We stayed at this hotel in Memphis. It is a perfect location. Right on Main Street which is quiet but just a 10 minute nice walk (or quick $1 trolley ride) to Beale, the arena and all that action. Also just a couple of blocks over from the river. You do pay for parking but you face this at any downtown hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank honesttripreviewer
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and glad you enjoyed your visit to Memphis. Hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This is one of two courtyards we stayed at during a week tour and must say it was the best

First impressions from the checkin staff was very good, attentive & nothing too much of an issue

Rooms very clean and tidy

Had breakfast, and again staff very attentive, nice and helpful

Overall very pleased with hotel and service, would recommend

Stayed: March 2014
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your comments. We know you have a choice when making your lodging plans and we appreciate you staying with us. Should your travels bring you back to Memphis we hope to see you again then.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice and just six blocks from Beale street and two blocks from the river. Food places was close by also and they will deliver to the hotel, the parking was limited but overall we had a great time.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric H
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We know you have may options when choosing where you stay and are glad you chose to stay with here. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Memphis.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Staff was the friendliest and the most helpful of any hotel I have stayed at. They told us how to ride the trolley (that you catch right in front of the hotel) and the cost. Clean rooms, nice lobby, nice to have a Starbucks in the lobby. Valet service was excellent with friendly people. Just and overall awesome experience. Worth the money!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eleanor B
CourtyardMemDowntown, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I will share your comments with our associates who will appreciate your recognition of their efforts. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Memphis.