“Great Location for Beale Street”

Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)
Ranked #32 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Wolverhampton
“Great Location for Beale Street”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here a couple of years ago as part of a tour for a couple of nights. The rooms were spacious clean and tidy. the hotel was well looked after and the staff all friendly and helpful. The location is great for the entertainment and food in Beale street. come out the door turn right then first left. next junction is beale street. suggest you go left here and enjoy the atmosphere that comes with Beale street. There are a number of bars and places to eat, the music is always good and worth spending time around. Apart from gracelands this is the best part of Memphis and worth the effort.

Across the road from the hotel is the Peabody hotel, famous for the ducks. Twice a day the have an exercise where the ducks either travel down from the roof in a lift walk on a red carpet to a fountain in the reception of the hotel and there they stay till its time to make the return. They move to music and have their own ring master!!! suggest you get there early as the crowds get quite big!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeenThereWillYou
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with us and other future guests. It sounds like you enjoyed our hotel accommodations, amenities, and great location and that you were able to take advantage of our convenience to some of Memphis's most treasured attractions such as Beale Street entertainment! Your feedback and comments will be shared with our staff. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel and great city soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am a flight attendant and the flight crew always stay at this hotel. The staff is very nice, very attentive. The rooms are always ready and very clean. My most recent stay, we arrived very late and all the restaurants were close, but the next morning, I was asking where I could get breakfast really quick as we were getting ready to leave. It was raining very hard outside. Trina, one of the employees there, called a restaurant she was familiar with in the area and placed an order for me. On the way to the airport, we stopped there to pick it up and continued our journey to the airport. She went out of her way to accommodate me and I think that was very special. Trina ,in my opinion provided exceptional customer service. The night crew was very nice as well and had our room keys available as soon as we arrived so we didn't have to wait. I think this is a great hotel where the staff go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied. I will definitely stay there if I ever come back for a personal visit...The amount of travel I do, it is nice to be at a hotel thats clean and quiet.. Thanks guys for everything. Sharon

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank london j
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am delighted to hear that you find our staff to be so friendly and helpful. Trena will be so delighted to hear that you mentioned her by name. Your comments will be shared with our management staff, so she can be recognized for her excellent customer service. Trena is a great asset to our hotel, and I am so glad that she was able to take care of your request for breakfast. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to serving you here again in the future.
Saint Louis MO
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in Memphis to attend a Redbirds game. We chose this hotel for its positive TA reviews and its proximity (right next door) to Memphis Redbirds stadium. Our room was clean and nicely prepared for our arrival. The staff was very cordial, and were well trained in offering quality customer service. We did not avail ourselves to any meal service during our stay, but the lobby bar was a very nice place for a late night cocktail following the baseball game. We will definitely use this hotel again in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It sounds like you had a great stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location in very close proximity to AutoZone Park to see our Memphis Redbirds play. I'm glad you were able to catch a game while you were here. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you plan to return to our location in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion. Thanks again for your comments and for staying with us!
Nederland, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I visited this hotel in March of this year during Spring Break. This was the third time I have stayed at this hotel in 4 years. We arrived at night and was greeted by an influx of college students in the lobby. The hotel had misplaced our reservations and had given our room to someone else. Needless to say, we three ladies, having driven over 600 miles, were not happy! The receptionist reassured us that we would have a room. After waiting awhile, we got a room. I was not going to pay for valet parking, and I was terrified to drive down the parking ramp below. The night manager escorted me down the ramp and guided me into a parking spot. He was very sweet to do that since I drove, and he walked. He accompanied me to our room since I was disoriented. I jokingly stated that he needed to treat us to a glass of wine in the bar. Later on, we went to the bar and ordered wine. The bartender told us that it was complimentary! How sweet! The hotel was under renovations, so the elevator was slow; however, the service was excellent. The staff made the stay memorable: the managers, the receptionists, the concierge, etc. this hotel is close to Beale Street and across from the Peabody. I will definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn next year when I visit Graceland. By the way, I never used our vehicle until we were ready to leave Memphis since the trolley took us every where that we needed to go.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel with us and with others. I regret that your reservations were misplaced, especially after such a long drive, but I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff and their willingness to improve the situation as best as possible. I appreciate your patience with us, and thank you for being understanding and forgiving in regards to the inconvenience you experienced. I hope you had a great overall stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our location in the future. We vaslue your comments. Thanks again for your feedback and for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Memphis.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

In town for family wedding. Very central to Beale St. and to the rehearsal dinner sight. Online ad said self park $12.00 and valet $22.00 but when we got there it was all valet. We had 2 families and two small children. Valet was rude to us when we told them we would move our own personal items on the luggage cart. Later learned they only have two luggage carts! No baby bed available. No continental breakfast. Had a nice buffet but the flies were pretty bad. It was clean and the desk workers were wonderful. Nice time at the pool.

Room Tip: Right across the street from the Peabody. If you have the money, stay there!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean and our staff to be friendly, and it sounds like you enjoyed our pool terrace. I apologize that you were disappointed by our parking system. Our valet service is outsourced to a third party company, and our valet-only parking is a fairly new system. I regret your disatisfaction with the Holiday Inn Downtown Memphis. It is our goal to provide 100% guest satisfaction, and it seems as though we fell short of this goal regarding your stay. I hope you will return to our location should you revisit the Memphis area and allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel. Input from our guests allows us to target areas that may need improvement. Thank you for your comments.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It was a little pricey and when I booked he room the web site said that self parking was $12 a day and valet parking was $22 a day. Instead it was valet parking only, $20 a day. Another disappoinment was at that price there was no refrigerator or safe in the room. The view was very good but very noisy until between 2:30-3:00. Street noise. There were half the elevators needed for that many rooms. Very long waits for an elevator. We had to go to two different floors to find an ice machine that worked. We were on the eighth floor.
There were about 60 collage students drinking, being rowdy, cursing and taking over the pool.
The pluses were that it was downtown and close to Beale Street, Bon Ton's and Rendezvous, and other places of interest. Our room was clean. The bed was comfortable.
Shannonint the lobby was such a big help. Very friendy and helpful!

Room Tip: Not as expensive as the Peabody. Pricey but it is gonna be when you are downtown. Probably will st...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deborah j
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, our rooms to be clean, and our location to be ideal. I regret that your stay was disrupted by slow elevators and noise from the street and from other guests. Thank you for bringing the matter of the malfunctioning ice machines toour attention. Your comments will be shared withour management staffso they can take care of these matters promptly. I hope you enjoyed your overall stay in the city of Memphis, and I would like to invite you to give us another try in the future to improve upon your last impression. Thank you for your feedback.
Chicago
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night. Hotel was located very near Beale street so location was very good. Typical Holiday Inn nothing remarkable either way. Did the job for one night. It was $50 cheaper then the Hampton and that paid for lunch. It is all $20 valet parking but there is not much parking around here so you are going to pay anyway. Can be a bit loud on the street side but motorcycles are loud anywhere. Save your money, stay here and walk a short 2 blocks to Beale street.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Chap73
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you so much for your recommendation of our hotel. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed our accommodations and I hope we are able to serve you here again in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback.