“Definitely will return”

Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)
Ranked #33 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Evansville, Wisconsin
“Definitely will return”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Excellent location...convenient to walk to a ball game, Beale Street and restaurants. Property is well maintained. Rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable. Valet parking only for $20 per day isn't great but not awful for a downtown hotel. The valet staff was friendly and provided great service (you can access your car as many times as you wish). Cons: no in room refrigerator and breakfast is not included. This will be our go to hotel in Memphis.

Room Tip: If you are there on a Sunday night go to Blues City Cafe after 1030 pm for a hot band and no cover c...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to tell others about your experience at our Holiday Inn Downtown Memphis! It seems you enjoyed our convenient downtown location, and that maybe you had a chance to see our neighbors, the Memphis Redbirds, play some baseball. We are delighted you found our location to be the perfect choice and that you were pleased with our clean and comfortable guest rooms and our valet. It is our pleasure to be your "go to" hotel in Memphis! We look forward to your next visit! Again, thank you so much for your comments and recommendation of our Holiday Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Thai first
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Location is awesome, price is fair - only complaint there is that it wasn't clear that valet parking is the only parking option. I don't mind doing valet because we felt secure with our vehicles there, it just would have been nice to know ahead of time that there wasn't an option. But the valet staff was quick and friendly, the lobby staff was awesome. I wish I could remember the name of the lady who checked us in, because she was fantastic. We threw some pretty oddball questions at her and she rolled with it, laughing and playing along all the way. Easy walk to Beale St, short drive to the zoo, comfortable, clean, and safe. We'll be back next time we're in Memphis.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us and a great visit to the city of Memphis. I am delighted to hear that our front desk staff and valet staff were friendly and helpful. I regret that you were caught off guard by our valet-only parking. It is a fairly new practice, and I apologize if you felt misinformed. Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to our location upon your return to the city of Memphis!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

For being downtown Memphis, the rate was great. Hotels on the perimeter were asking for much more. Not on Beale St as suggested, but close enough. Bathroom was small, but overall a great value. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Peepye
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am so delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be a good value. I apologize if you were misled to think that our hotel is on Beale Street, but it is conveniently located within 2 blocks of Beale Street as well as many other downtown attractions and restaurants. I hope you had a wonderful time in our city, and hope we can welcome you back to our location should you return to the Memphis area. We are grateful for your feedback. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Memphis for your stay!
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here a couple of years ago as part of a tour for a couple of nights. The rooms were spacious clean and tidy. the hotel was well looked after and the staff all friendly and helpful. The location is great for the entertainment and food in Beale street. come out the door turn right then first left. next junction is beale street. suggest you go left here and enjoy the atmosphere that comes with Beale street. There are a number of bars and places to eat, the music is always good and worth spending time around. Apart from gracelands this is the best part of Memphis and worth the effort.

Across the road from the hotel is the Peabody hotel, famous for the ducks. Twice a day the have an exercise where the ducks either travel down from the roof in a lift walk on a red carpet to a fountain in the reception of the hotel and there they stay till its time to make the return. They move to music and have their own ring master!!! suggest you get there early as the crowds get quite big!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeenThereWillYou
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with us and other future guests. It sounds like you enjoyed our hotel accommodations, amenities, and great location and that you were able to take advantage of our convenience to some of Memphis's most treasured attractions such as Beale Street entertainment! Your feedback and comments will be shared with our staff. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel and great city soon!
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am a flight attendant and the flight crew always stay at this hotel. The staff is very nice, very attentive. The rooms are always ready and very clean. My most recent stay, we arrived very late and all the restaurants were close, but the next morning, I was asking where I could get breakfast really quick as we were getting ready to leave. It was raining very hard outside. Trina, one of the employees there, called a restaurant she was familiar with in the area and placed an order for me. On the way to the airport, we stopped there to pick it up and continued our journey to the airport. She went out of her way to accommodate me and I think that was very special. Trina ,in my opinion provided exceptional customer service. The night crew was very nice as well and had our room keys available as soon as we arrived so we didn't have to wait. I think this is a great hotel where the staff go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied. I will definitely stay there if I ever come back for a personal visit...The amount of travel I do, it is nice to be at a hotel thats clean and quiet.. Thanks guys for everything. Sharon

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank london j
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am delighted to hear that you find our staff to be so friendly and helpful. Trena will be so delighted to hear that you mentioned her by name. Your comments will be shared with our management staff, so she can be recognized for her excellent customer service. Trena is a great asset to our hotel, and I am so glad that she was able to take care of your request for breakfast. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to serving you here again in the future.
Saint Louis MO
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in Memphis to attend a Redbirds game. We chose this hotel for its positive TA reviews and its proximity (right next door) to Memphis Redbirds stadium. Our room was clean and nicely prepared for our arrival. The staff was very cordial, and were well trained in offering quality customer service. We did not avail ourselves to any meal service during our stay, but the lobby bar was a very nice place for a late night cocktail following the baseball game. We will definitely use this hotel again in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It sounds like you had a great stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location in very close proximity to AutoZone Park to see our Memphis Redbirds play. I'm glad you were able to catch a game while you were here. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you plan to return to our location in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion. Thanks again for your comments and for staying with us!
Nederland, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I visited this hotel in March of this year during Spring Break. This was the third time I have stayed at this hotel in 4 years. We arrived at night and was greeted by an influx of college students in the lobby. The hotel had misplaced our reservations and had given our room to someone else. Needless to say, we three ladies, having driven over 600 miles, were not happy! The receptionist reassured us that we would have a room. After waiting awhile, we got a room. I was not going to pay for valet parking, and I was terrified to drive down the parking ramp below. The night manager escorted me down the ramp and guided me into a parking spot. He was very sweet to do that since I drove, and he walked. He accompanied me to our room since I was disoriented. I jokingly stated that he needed to treat us to a glass of wine in the bar. Later on, we went to the bar and ordered wine. The bartender told us that it was complimentary! How sweet! The hotel was under renovations, so the elevator was slow; however, the service was excellent. The staff made the stay memorable: the managers, the receptionists, the concierge, etc. this hotel is close to Beale Street and across from the Peabody. I will definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn next year when I visit Graceland. By the way, I never used our vehicle until we were ready to leave Memphis since the trolley took us every where that we needed to go.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel with us and with others. I regret that your reservations were misplaced, especially after such a long drive, but I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff and their willingness to improve the situation as best as possible. I appreciate your patience with us, and thank you for being understanding and forgiving in regards to the inconvenience you experienced. I hope you had a great overall stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our location in the future. We vaslue your comments. Thanks again for your feedback and for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Memphis.