“Right where the action is”

Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Cary
“Right where the action is”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

From the first interaction at the front desk we knew we had picked a winner. All of the staff are friendly and helpful. Location is perfect for visiting the clubs and eateries on Beale street. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with mini-frigs and microwaves. If you want extra room ask for the one over the rounded front entrance - we had 519. Great breakfast comes with the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and over the round front door.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CaryTravler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here in June of 2012.
nice and clean room
Easy walk to Beale Street.
Staff were nice and friendly.
would come back and stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cocopops101
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2012

In Memphis we stayed down town at the Hampton Inn.The staff could not do more to hep you and the hotel is safe and convenient.

The city is serviced by a very efficient trolley system (yes, working trolleys). As seniors we can ride for $0.50 cents per ride. If you are coming to town interested into the history of the blues, the birth of rock’n’ roll, and the civil rights movement, downtown is your best place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank airbag2011
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

This is my third Hampton Inn and now my preferred hotel. Every one I Have stayed at has a great location.. This is no exception!. Once again I didnt book but based on reviews chose this as my first stop.. Checked in. Parking is self parking, which I much prefer, beds are comfy room clean. Breakfast lots of choices. You are pretty much right on Beale st.. I stayed Thursday night. I did not have an issue with noise my room faced Peabody street.
The front staff are fantastic, from checking in and making me feel so welcome. I realised that I had left my iPhone charger at Nashville and on asking where I could get one the male staff member let me borrow his!! Thank you.
I totally recommend this place and would stay (book so not to miss out) again.
While here I went to Graceland - awesome
BB kings - good
Blue City Cafe - great with exception of waiter.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Julsundies
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I was in town for business, but was able to couple the business adventure with some sightseeing! This location is condusive to visiting several locations around Memphis for walkers or drivers, to include Beale Street located less than a block from the hotel's front door. I was comforted by the security around the hotel. My room key was needed to get into the hotel and then also required for the elevator and other areas of the hotel. It made me feel safe. The staff was very friendly and accommodating with local restaurants and activities at the end of my work day. I found the hotel to be clean and tidy in all areas I spent time in. The breakfast bar in the morning had everything that I needed and I didn't have to eat the same thing eat day. I enjoy having the options, which is one of the reasons I choose Hampton Inns. The music from Beale Street was a little distracting when I had work to complete in my room, so if you are visiting this hotel for business, be sure to ask for something on the opposite side of the hotel where it appears a little more quiet. There is a small restaurant/bar off the lobby, but the cook was sweating awfully, so I didn't feel right about eating there. Thank you for an enjoyable visit Hampton Inn Beale Street!

Room Tip: The bed was very comfortable, however if you are checked in to a room on the same side of the buildi...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ExplorerGals
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Today we are leaving Memphis travelling towards New Orleans, we will miss the bustling Beale Street but more than that we wil miss the hotel Hampton Inns and Suites. tHe hotel is ideally placed for a visit to Memphis as it it no more that 100 yards from Beale Street. The rooms are superb, the breakfast more than satisfactory. They have taken care to ensure that guests have a great time even providing complimentary earplugs to aid with the night time noice.... We would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Memphis

Room Tip: We upgraded the room and had a lovely balcony overlooking the street, if you can upgrade as the corn...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shonadunsmore
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is my second stay here, and both times it has been perfect, hotel staff goes above and beyond! Accomadations couldn't be better, and location is perfect! Angela

• Stayed May 2012