“Very Nice!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street
Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 30 July 2012

It's a bit pricey but very nice. We've stayed at better hotels for this price point ( A king suite @ $175/night with AAA) and, it's just my opinion, but I think that charging $15/day for parking is a bit ridiculous especially with all the tax/fee add-ons I guess it's the old adage of, "location, location, location", since the hotel is pretty much in the middle of all of the action being only about a block off of Beale Street and within walking distance of great restaurants. Be prepared for a late night though as you can certainly hear the music from Beale Street which goes at least until 1AM.

Overall, the room appeared clean and the bed was comfortable. The only annoying thing that I could point out was that the room was quite humid and smelled a little stale.

The breakfast which included the obligatory hotel waffles, pastries, and cereal was adequate but certainly not earth shaking. Saturday's breakfast included cheese omelettes and smoked sausage. Sunday's extras included biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs.

The staff was helpful with a shout out to the nice lady that was working security. She especially helpful in recommending restaurants and giving us directions. We're planning on a return visit as it's a nice weekend get-away from Nashville, but we'll certainly shop around next time to see if we can avoid the up-charges for parking, etc.

Room Tip: Search AAA or other travel sites to get a better price that the standard list price. Not sure there...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tross1N
nbaker000, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that the cost of parking was of concern; we strive to offer our guest a unique experience while remaining cost-affordable. We will work to inform our guest of incidental charges on our website or at the front desk upon check in. Thank you for your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,102)

Reviewed 29 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights during the 2012 Beale St. Music Festival. Location was great, 1/2 a block from Beale St., short walks to Civil Rights Museum, the Peabody for the duck parade, Fedex Forum, Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken, the Rendezvous (famous dry rub ribs) and Gibson guitar museum. You can catch a shuttle to Graceland/Sun Studios in front of the Fedex forum. We were on the 6th floor on the back side of Beale St. and although they had a bin of free earplugs, slept undisturbed. The breakfast had hot/cold items and was adequate and convenient. It also had an indoor pool, that we did not use, a business center (handy for printing boarding passes) and a small, convenience store. It was very secure, you needed your room key to gain access to elevators, pool, business center etc. There was also a secure garage that we did not use. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean and made up timely. AC worked good, we had a heat wave of low 90's/humid. My room key card didn't work well, and I had to have it reissued twice, which the front desk did in seconds. I would have ranked the hotel higher, but due to the very inflated rate we paid (due to the festival) I considered it average.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PastelPaula
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Just got back from a weekend in Memphis. I picked this hotel based on other trip advisor recommendations. Some people were concerned with the noise from Beale st. but we were on the back side of Beale st. and didn't hear a thing. We went to Graceland, Sun Studios, Barbecue tour(tastin around the town) and ate at the Majestic and went to the Peanut Shoppe. Love all of it. The Hampton is very clean, the breakfast was very tasty, and you are right around the corner from crazy Beale st.

Room Tip: Ask for opposite side from Beale st. for less noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank McParrot
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel is perfect when visiting Memphis, TN. The staff was friendly, helpful, and always smiling. The free hot breakfast exceeded my expectations- fluffy waffles, hot coffee, and an assortment of fruit. The amenities were as perfect as the location. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The hotel is a very nice place to stay. The room was nice and clean, except for the carpet which was a little dirty. The linens and towels were clean and thick. The pool and workout rooms are small, but well taken care of. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is half a block from Beale street. The breakfast was good, but fairly average. The coffee was good. We would come back and stay again.

Room Tip: facing Beale st is a neat vue but is a little loud
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The location was great! The continental breakfast was good and plentiful. The staff were friendly and helpful. The beds a bit uncomfortabl, but the good outweighed the bad.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I took our son on a trip for his 21st birthday since he loves the Blues. I had some reservations about staying here after reading about the noise levels. We had a room overlooking the courtyard and facing the back of several Beale St. Bars. While we could hear the music a little, it wasn't intrusive or bothersome. The location is great. We could walk to Beale St. in less than 5 minutes. We walked to the Peabody to see the ducks. We walked to Gus's Fried Chicken on Front St. The Gibson Guitar factory was just down the street. The Rock and Soul Museum was also just down the street. As far as the hotel, the breakfast was Hampton Inn standard stuff. I never like the scrambled eggs, and this was no different. Waffles, toast, fruit, etc. were the standard faire. I had a room with two doubles, and I thought it would have a refrigerator, but it didn't. The bathroom was clean, but I think the carpets needed a cleaning (based on the dirt my bare feet picked up). The front desk was very helpful when we decided to extend our stay one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family