“Love this place”

Ranked #3 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Memphis, United States
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stay here from time to time and have not been dissapointed yet!!! My last stay was in August for my 13 wedding anniversary and it has the same quality as always. This time I noticed that they have been renovating and I love the changes.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed in the Hampton Inn in Memphis in November 2013 on a brief tour of the city. It was such a great location, a block from Beale St and the old tram line, about ¾ of a mile from the National Civil Rights Museum, and about a mile from Sun Studio. I am of the understanding that Memphis visitors can get a tourist bus straight to Graceland from Beale St, but I had hired a car, and drove the five or so miles to get there.

The room I had at the Hampton Inn was very large, with plenty of room to spread my luggage out. The bathroom was also quite large, and the room had an LED TV & steady wi-fi (which was also good in the lobby/lounge area downstairs).

Parking was about $14 per day, but I didn’t mind, as it balanced out with some of the other Hampton Inn locations I stayed at while in the US that had free on-site parking.

For location/quality/price, I don’t think I could have picked a better hotel. It was really great to be able to get to Beale St within five minutes of leaving my hotel room, which included time to get the lift & exit the building.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PietroMorrizio
Warwick, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We were advised to stay away from Memphis by local friends, but we wanted to come for the blues and bbq. We began by checking into the hotel and were met by a just friendly enough concierge and told where to park our car. No offers to bring our luggage in (we had to lug it all the way from the confusingly laid out parking garage, at a whopping $17/day charge separate from the booking fee), no directions to the room, and no advice about the area.

We made it to the room on the 4th floor after being told there were no available upgraded rooms as requested by me on the rewards members site. The room was standard and clean enough, though the bathroom was outdated. After being in the room for less than 5 minutes, we heard a loud scratching noise sounding like a small animal in the ceiling directly above the bed. A very concerned phone call by me to the front desk yielded an explanation of "They're renovating" but would be finished soon at 6 PM.

After a frightening night out in the ghost town that is Beale street, we came back to the room and went to sleep, only to be awoken at 7:30 AM by the sounds of hammers directly above the bed! We had a busy day planned so had no time to complain before heading out for the day.

We got back to the room shortly before 5 PM, met with the sounds of a bracingly loud resurfacing machine of some sort flooding our room. After the events of the morning, it was time to call the front desk. I stated what had happened this morning and what we were listening to now, plus the fact that at no time prior to or during check in was I told that there were incredibly disturbing renovations taking place. After
much complaining on my part, I was offered the exact same room on the 7th floor. Once room keys were delivered, we got to the new room to be greeted with a mixed aroma of paint, Febreze and old cigarette smoke. Plus the same noise as on the 4th floor!

Overall, STAY AWAY.

This review is written from a seedy bar down the street accompanied by a beer needed to calm my agitation at having to spend one more night in this hellish place.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank MArbuco
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Looking for service? Hampton Beale Street Convenience? Hampton Beale Street Beautiful design of lobby and guest room? Hampton Beale Speed of Internet? Hampton Beale Ease of parking? Hampton Beale It's my only choice every time I'm in Memphis!

Waukee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

It you want to experience Memphis and especially Beale St, you want to stay at the Hampton Inn on Beale St. You couldn't ask for a better location - 1 block off Beale and you can hear the music in your room is you don't want to go out. The staff is super and very helpful recomending places to eat and entertainment.

1 Thank Frederick C
Memphis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Clarence helped make our check-in procedure very easy. Good guy and very helpful. He took ownership and made us feel very welcome. If you want great food and music, this is the place to stay. Easy walking and centrally located. Very safe even-though located in downtown area.

1 Thank Roy M
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

We upgraded to a king balcony (room 419) and were very pleased with the choice! The room was clean and very comfortable and we liked the fact that the bathroom was separate from the main part of the living quarters. The breakfast was decent (included in the price) but most impressive was the friendliness of the staff. Each and every one that we encountered were professional and so very pleasant. They've got it right at this hotel!

Room Tip: Spring for the king balcony (specifically room 419 and any directly above or below that room) - you...