“5/29/2014 Stay”

Ranked #51 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Alexandria
“5/29/2014 Stay”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East on 5/29/2014. The number one positive experience I had was the staff was very friendly. The number one negative experience was the location of the hotel and other things located on the exit. Everything else was pretty much average.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Aaron C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Damascus, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were passing through and was looking for a hotel that would take our cats. This one did. Of course, you had to pay a rate +taxes for the cats. Gone are the days when hotels did not charge for cats and I would know as my working years included 25yrs. in a NYC central park hotel. The room was clean, a bit tight and they could pare down the bulkiness of the furniture. But, all in all, it was clean and the breakfast was fine(incl. in the rate). I hope to return here on my way back to NM for the winter months. Please carry green/black tea - I am not a coffee drinker. Thanks,
Please take this complaint as a critical one from one who has been in the hospitality business and have stayed at many 5star hotels nationwide.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the garbage dump...mine did, but we were too tired to move with the cats.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vijaysinghdesimone
Memphis
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel had problems with their satellite. There was no TV all night. When asked for a refund the next morning, the clerk said this was not the fault of the hotel but the satellite company. WHAT!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Carol Stream, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A friend and I stayed here for two nights in May. Ill make it short & sweet, this isnt the Ritz.
1) Room was clean - beds, bathroom, floors - and came with a microwave and mini fridge that both worked well.
2) Bed was comfortable but the comforter was questionable. It was more a heavy quilt with a flat sheet on it. None the less, it did the job.
3) Front desk was nice and courteous.
4) Breakfast was meh. Basically a cold breakfast with bagels, toast, cereal and juice. No eggs which was a disappointment for me but they do have a waffle machine. There is a Waffle House right across the street. I recommend going there if you want a "real" breakfast but be warned, they use a days worth of butter on everything.
5) No issues with parking and I never questioned the safety of myself or my vehicle.
6) Other guests - rarely saw them but my friend stated we did have an incident were it sounded like a guest member that had a little too much to drink tried to get into our room. I sleep like a log so I didnt hear anything but nothing came of it. Since the keys are coded to each room, they had no chance of getting in and let us after a few mins.
7) Only issue we experienced was the electricity would shut off every once in a while. Ill take it with a grain of salt we had the TV going, 2 phones plugged in, the mini fridge going and probably a blow dryer running all at the same time but it wasnt a big deal for us. It would come back on after a few mins.
Over all I would stay here again. If you are not picky about amenities and just need a decent place to sleep, shower and relax, this is a great alternative to a pricey hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sasravenn
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

...because this place turned out to be much better than what the reviews had been saying. I wouldn't give it a 4 star but a definite 3 1/2 stars. Nice people. Nice king size bed. Breakfast was pretty lame and ended early. My only suggestion would be that when a guest needs something in the room (we asked for an extra blanket), please bring it to them rather than requiring them to get dressed and come down to the front desk to pick up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent a night at this hotel recently and it was a decent stay. There was a mixup on my reservation and the staff person was helpful in solving the issue with no additional cost to me.

Unfortunately the room I was given had an air conditioner that was quite noisy and after requesting the a different room, the new room had a similar issue with the bathoom fan. Other than that the room was comfortable and clean. Free breakfast a plus

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo