“I was pretty upset with staff canceling my reservation on...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East

Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East
Ranked #52 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Memphis
“I was pretty upset with staff canceling my reservation on...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was pretty upset with staff canceling my reservation on 6/21/14...then chose to lie about why...I hv always checked in after 4pm when I get there she said reservation had cancelled because she ran my car at 4pm and it declined..however she gv me a different room I used same card and it didn't decline. The room door kept jamming.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

For your own sanity, avoid this hotel. We called ahead to check if there was a vacancy. We were told yes, there is one room. It will be 54.95. We had been driving for 13 hours so it seemed reasonable and there was a Cracker Barrel nearby. We arrive. He increases the rate to 75 and is beyond rude. The room was questionably a 54.95 room, it was certainly not a 75.00 room. We arrived at 2 am and we had to get on the road early. AVOID THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed June 2014
Springboro, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was adequate for a one-night stop on a long trip our family was taking out west, but that is about it. It was a worn out hotel, with wallpaper coming down in places. The room seemed clean enough, but again, seemed worn. Probably would stay here again if we had to for one night since we are familiar with it now, but might look for another place to stay in Memphis.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Front desk agents at check-in was not welcoming or friendly at all. The lady checking me in even stopped in the middle of helping me to make multiple keys for a group that was coming in later on that night. The room was nothing to write home about. The one thing that stood out were the stains on the carpet. There was white stains all over the floor near the sink (rm 128). Not to mention I was not thrilled with the small breakfast choices (or it hadn't been restocked by 8am). On the upside the beds were really comfortable, and the hotel is surrounded by plenty of restaurants. Unfortunately, I will look for other accommodations on our next visit to Memphis.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Marlborough, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

First of all let me say that the service was great! However, the room was tired, apparently, not kept up at all. But we had the unfortunate luck of having a room whose bathroom fan cam on with the light switch, but that's not the bad part! The fan was so loud, when either me or my husband used the bathroom at night meant, the other person was awaken. We got little to no sleep. The room did not look clean or smell clean. I will definately be avoiding Baymont Inns going forward.

Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The next time I am looking for a hotel in Memphis, this will be the first place I call. The room was clean, the staff thoughtful, and the price was decent. The only downfalls are the pool, (very tiny) the view of the back lot currently used for construction storage, and the slow elevator.

1 Thank Carol H