“No Hospitality”

Ranked #52 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Memphis
“No Hospitality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at the Baymont Hotel in Memphis TN East. Accidentally I left my comforter in the hotel room. I was traveling across country at the time. I contacted them about sending it back to me and billing my credit card. The manager informed me that they wouldn't do that for me and they certainly wouldn't wouldn't drop it off anywhere to ship. I had to send them a container with a prepaid air bill. How was I supposed to know what that amount would be? After being put on hold through USPS, I called Fed Ex and opened up an account. They said they would pick it up that afternoon. I called the hotel to let them know. When Fed Ex arrived they were told that the box wasn't big enough to ship the comforter in. I had requested if there was any problem to please call me. No call. 2 weeks later when I returned home I discovered that nothing was shipped. I called them only to have the snotty rude manager tell me that she couldn't be bothered to find a box. I then used my company's corporate account to express mail them a box with a return air bill and told them the driver would wait for them to tape up the box and would take it. Still no comforter. This week I got a phone call from Mailboxes Etc. (who uses UPS) wanting to know what they were supposed to do with "this comforter". I told them that it was supposed to be shipped USPS using the corporate account air bill in the box. So the snotty manager who was the most inhospitable person in the hospitality industry that I've ever encountered did indeed take the box somewhere to drop off and managed to screw that up too. Something that should have only cost $30 ended up costing me over $100. My first stay at this chain of hotels and probably my last. Customer service is so important, they are the liaison between the customer and the company.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was pretty upset with staff canceling my reservation on 6/21/14...then chose to lie about why...I hv always checked in after 4pm when I get there she said reservation had cancelled because she ran my car at 4pm and it declined..however she gv me a different room I used same card and it didn't decline. The room door kept jamming.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

For your own sanity, avoid this hotel. We called ahead to check if there was a vacancy. We were told yes, there is one room. It will be 54.95. We had been driving for 13 hours so it seemed reasonable and there was a Cracker Barrel nearby. We arrive. He increases the rate to 75 and is beyond rude. The room was questionably a 54.95 room, it was certainly not a 75.00 room. We arrived at 2 am and we had to get on the road early. AVOID THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed June 2014
Springboro, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was adequate for a one-night stop on a long trip our family was taking out west, but that is about it. It was a worn out hotel, with wallpaper coming down in places. The room seemed clean enough, but again, seemed worn. Probably would stay here again if we had to for one night since we are familiar with it now, but might look for another place to stay in Memphis.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Front desk agents at check-in was not welcoming or friendly at all. The lady checking me in even stopped in the middle of helping me to make multiple keys for a group that was coming in later on that night. The room was nothing to write home about. The one thing that stood out were the stains on the carpet. There was white stains all over the floor near the sink (rm 128). Not to mention I was not thrilled with the small breakfast choices (or it hadn't been restocked by 8am). On the upside the beds were really comfortable, and the hotel is surrounded by plenty of restaurants. Unfortunately, I will look for other accommodations on our next visit to Memphis.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends