“Out of the way but a good stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East
Ranked #53 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 22 May 2006

This hotel is someway out from downtown Memphis but if you don’t mind an easy 20-30 minute drive in, it’s a good place to stay. The room was large and airy and clean enough although I’m not sure the maids make much of an effort with bed making and folding towels but if you’re not bothered about little things like this, it’s OK. Continental breakfast was included – toast, cereal, juice, coffee and waffles – it was a good start to the day but if you want something more ‘American’ there is an IHOP, Waffle House and Perkins just on the next street. The swimming pool wasn’t opened when we stayed but they were cleaning it and getting it ready for the summer. Complimentary wireless internet access was also available in the rooms.

Memphis was great – we went to Sun Records, Gracelands, the Gibson factory, the Rock and Soul Museum – if you are a music fan these are places not to be missed. Also Beale Street was very lively. We were lucky enough to be there for the Memphis in May music festival and saw BB King and Bryan Adams.

We took the car into town and were able to park really easily for about a dollar an hour. It’s very easy to drive around. I would be happy to give you more information if you want to email me.

3  Thank Anji Page

A TripAdvisor Member
Yukon, OK
Reviewed 12 May 2006

The room I stayed in had trash on the floor, some nasty stuff on the bathroom floor, and one of the beds looked liked it hadn't been washed. Despite the room being non-smoking the hallway was filled with smoke which made my room smell like it also. The wireless internet connection only worked for about an hour and then it went down. It wasn't too noisy but you could here the people in the next room and people kept slamming their doors. On the other hand breakfast was pretty good and the staff was nice. I won't be staying at a Baymont Inn again any time soon!

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Telford, England
Reviewed 30 April 2006

In the reviews it sounds good - dont be fooled. Theres no Restaurant and No Bar, although they did serve a buffet breakfast which was good. To get to the nearest Watering Hole/Restuarant (Ruby Tuesdays) (15 min walk)you have to cross a major road, and I mean MAJOR (its like crossing a race track). The rooms are clean and functional apart from the TV reception with left a lot to be desired. While I was there some college kids decided to play football in the corridor at 1 in the morning. Dont think I'll be going there again.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 April 2006

Overall, I was not happy with this hotel. It's right off the interstate, and there are some other hotels around, as well as many fast food places. I requested a non-smoking room, and the first one I was given smelled horrible, the window was actually open (don't know if they were airing it out?). Second room better, but still smelled, but I was too tired to try for a third. Felt like I was bothering girl at front desk who was on the phone while helping me.

Hotel was noisy, not very clean at all, window didn't shut all the way, I was on the 2nd floor, but overall did not feel very safe. I stayed 2 nights, and everytime I went in or out there was a rock propping open the exterior door downstairs, which was supposed to be key access only. Limited television channels, but the included continental bfast was decent.

I wouldn't recommend the hotel, many other around that look far nicer for probably around the same rate. Stay here stressed me out w/ the noise, smell, feeling unsafe.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank pastrygirl
Reviewed 21 March 2006

My boyfriend and I first booked our hotel at the Baymont by the airport. After reading all the scary reviews about it, we changed to this hotel. Well, this hotel seems like it's in a better spot then the other one. It's right off a main road near restaurants and lots of other hotels. We felt very safe here. The building itself is very old and nothing like the new Baymonts. We checked in fairly quickly and got to our room which looked like someone was staying in it. There were taco bell wrappers and drinks in the room, the ironing board was out, and the bed wasn't made properly. There was also visible mold growing in the bathroom. We talked to the girl at the desk and she immediately put us in a suite which was a lot bigger. She said we'd get compensated as well. This room was clean. The floors had stains on them and the toilet made noise every 15 min like water was flushing down it. It served it's purpose though since we were only there to sleep for two nights. When we checked out, we got one night free and was charged for the regular rate, not the rate for the suite. I thought that made up for everything. This place is very old and not quite taken care of but for the price it was okay. I probably wouldn't stay here again, but if you're just looking for somewhere to rest and you aren't staying more than a couple of days..this place is alright to stay at. It's close to downtown and restaurants. At least you know if something goes wrong they'll take care of you.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank snowfaery5
Reviewed 18 July 2005

A change from our 1st choice hotel due to some not so good reviews, 4 days before arriving from Scotland U.K.
I booked a Suite with a Double King and Sofa bed in the other room for our daughter.
The Hotel was clean, with helpful staff, adequate breakfast. Easy access to all Memphis attractions. We stayed there for three nts of our holiday.
I booked it on the back of reviews on this site, as I did for the other hotels on our break which included Charlotte (Best Western), New Orleans(Holiday Inn Express), Savannah(B.W.), Charleston(B.W.), and finally Myrtle Beach(B.W.).
The Baymont east set a good the standard for the rest of our break.

Hope this assists others visiting Memphis

7  Thank vacate your home and travel
Reviewed 8 April 2005

i have just come back from 9 nights at the hotel we found it very clean and freindly and helpfull.the breakfast was nice and our rooms quite .they to gave us map and directions daily to memphis town ect.they serviced our rooms good .thankyou.

• Stayed: March 2005