“OK motel, rough neighboorhood”

Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett
Ranked #54 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
grand prairie,tx
“OK motel, rough neighboorhood”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Older motel not quite up to the Sleep Inn standards. the meighbood is a litte rough. I don't thing there were many eating places in the area. I wouldn't recommed it for a family vactions. Howver the room was clean and comforable at a fairly low price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
hprks5_10, Manager at Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our motel.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
AV
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My wife and I had a room booked over a Friday, Saturday and Sunday in mid May 2013. We arrived shortly after check in time and were greeted by the clerk and checked in quickly. We had been traveling for about eight hours, so we just wanted to get up to the room and relax a bit. Would have preferred rooms on the first floor, but were given third floor. To be honest, I didn't even think to ask about getting a first floor room, not totally their fault. Our room was clean and ready to go. After getting situated, I asked where the closest restaurants (fast food) were and the clerk on duty pointed me down the road about a mile. The streets in Memphis are a bit confusing. I finally located where he was talking about and got something to eat. Getting back to the hotel was a bit more challenging than I expected. I later found that there were several restaurants close by that would have been easier to get to and return just by checking my GPS. After eating, we watched some TV and surfed the internet a bit, then turned in for the night. About 2:30am local time we got a text message concerning a family emergency, that instantly altered our plans. We decided to cut our visit short and decided to leave right then. We packed up our stuff, headed down to the lobby and explained what happened and told them we were leaving. The person on duty wasn't quite sure what to do, but after a few minutes of trying figured out what needed to be done. Apparently, when we checked in they up front charged us for all three nights, which is different than most places I've stayed at. Once we got home, I checked my credit card to check all of the charges we had on our trip to see if my records matched up with what the credit card was showing. Everything was OK, except for the charges at this Sleep Inn. Instead of crediting us with two nights stays, they actually added on another night. So, what we should have been charged one night for we were paying four nights. Once I discovered this, I called the Hotel directly and spoke with the Manager. He was very helpful and sympathetic and explained to me that all of his records showed that we were only charged one night after a two night credit. I took him at his word, he also said that he would stay on top of it and check to make sure everything was done correctly. The next day, I checked my credit card online and found that everything had been corrected and we were only charged one night. After all is said and done, I would stay there again if I ever happen to be in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
hprks5_10, General Manager at Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay .

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The furniture was a little worn, but everything was clean, there were all the amenities listed and more. Continental breakfast was fine, more choices than expected. Easy to find, close to highway, in the Northeast quadrant, easy to get downtown and not very far.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here because we found an excellent coupon in one of the traveler mags. The room was clean. You could tell that it was an older hotel but they were remodeling and replacing the carpet. We didn't do the breakfast as there wasn't much to it. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RobErickKel
Kettle Falls, Washington
Reviewed 12 June 2012

First there was remodeling to wade through which is understandable but price should have been adjusted to compensate. There were holes in the bedsheets and they were not changed once in 4 days even though the staff was told about it. The breakfast area was not kept clean during the breakfast time. On the positive side the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carolyn L

Travellers are raving about these Memphis hotels

Hewitt, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The staff were friendly enough, but not at all knowlegable about thier area at all. We were there for 8 days and got a call the 2nd day(early) that we were being moved due to construction after we had unpacked everything, not fun. The rm we were moved to was ok, but sheets were never changed until I said something twice, it took 4 days. Breakfast was just ok, but never filled, constantly had to ask someone to bring fresh juice, coffee etc. I just expected a bit more for the price.

Room Tip: ask to see room before you rent, if they wont let you see the room first chances are you dont want t...