“Very helpful and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett

Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett
Ranked #56 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
bedford,ky
“Very helpful and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We loved our stay , the rooms were clean and Shannon at the front desk was friendly and very helpful in telling us about places to visit in Memphis. Hotel was close to many sites. The bellhop was very helpful, and friendly, would stay there again.

Room Tip: Smoke free was a selling point for us
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hprks5_10, General Manager at Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett, responded to this review, 18 March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Owasso
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed here overnight on our way home. The hotel is just a short distance from I-40. It was dark when we got there and we left the next morning and didn't explore the area, so I really don't know what the surrounding area is like.

We arrived at approximately 9 PM. Malcolm was very kind and helpful. He even turned the A/C on in our rooms before we arrived, so they would cool off. I had a booking issue and he tried his best to help me that night but in the end had to refer me to the manager the next morning. Bhagyesh (think the spelling is right) was incredibly helpful the next morning. He was able to resolve my credit card/booking issue and gave me two receipts. I greatly appreciated the effort put forth by both employees.

The hotel is older, though well maintained. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool area was really nice! The continental breakfast in the morning was nothing fancy but had the basics covered.

In all I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hprks5_10, General Manager at Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. I will thank Malcom and Bhagyesh for doing awsome job .

Kind Regards,

baileysville, wv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The motel was clean, had a cont. breakfast, and had nice furniture. The guy at the front desk wasn't the friendliest but it was late and we needed somewhere to stay. The men came around to weed eat and cut grass but were careless. There was grass, twigs, etc. all over my car. The morning attendant was very nice and said that he would take care of it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hprks5_10, General Manager at Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I will address the issue with my front desk so we can provide our guest the best service.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very clean, updated, nice rooms; great customer service, arrived in the evening and the desk guy answered all our questions and helped accommodate our little kitty etc. Nice hot breakfast so no need to pay for one elsewhere. It was not in downtown Memphis proper but very close; we were merely passing thru after a long day on the road so this was perfect. I did not think the neighborhood was bad at all; I ordered chinese in so didnt have to go out searching for a 9pm meal. I'd stay here again...moderate prices.

Room Tip: 3 floors with elevator; one side of hotel looks out over a pond and fields.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hprks5_10, Manager at Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett, responded to this review, 24 July 2013

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! again thanks for all the compliments.

Arvada, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn vacationing from Denver for the fisrt time in Memphis. As soon as our car pulled in from the highway, we were greeted by the most friendly and personable staff member, Jeffery. For the two days we stayed, he would make sure to ask us if everything was to our standards, suggested places to visit and offered a friendly smile and hug. I will be back and I will stay at the same hotel. Thank you, Jeferey for making us fall in love with Memphis all the more!!!!

Jennifer T.

Room Tip: The view of main street was amazing with trolly service right outside the door!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hprks5_10, General Manager at Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Jennifer,

Kind Regards,

grand prairie,tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Older motel not quite up to the Sleep Inn standards. the meighbood is a litte rough. I don't thing there were many eating places in the area. I wouldn't recommed it for a family vactions. Howver the room was clean and comforable at a fairly low price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hprks5_10, Manager at Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our motel.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
AV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

My wife and I had a room booked over a Friday, Saturday and Sunday in mid May 2013. We arrived shortly after check in time and were greeted by the clerk and checked in quickly. We had been traveling for about eight hours, so we just wanted to get up to the room and relax a bit. Would have preferred rooms on the first floor, but were given third floor. To be honest, I didn't even think to ask about getting a first floor room, not totally their fault. Our room was clean and ready to go. After getting situated, I asked where the closest restaurants (fast food) were and the clerk on duty pointed me down the road about a mile. The streets in Memphis are a bit confusing. I finally located where he was talking about and got something to eat. Getting back to the hotel was a bit more challenging than I expected. I later found that there were several restaurants close by that would have been easier to get to and return just by checking my GPS. After eating, we watched some TV and surfed the internet a bit, then turned in for the night. About 2:30am local time we got a text message concerning a family emergency, that instantly altered our plans. We decided to cut our visit short and decided to leave right then. We packed up our stuff, headed down to the lobby and explained what happened and told them we were leaving. The person on duty wasn't quite sure what to do, but after a few minutes of trying figured out what needed to be done. Apparently, when we checked in they up front charged us for all three nights, which is different than most places I've stayed at. Once we got home, I checked my credit card to check all of the charges we had on our trip to see if my records matched up with what the credit card was showing. Everything was OK, except for the charges at this Sleep Inn. Instead of crediting us with two nights stays, they actually added on another night. So, what we should have been charged one night for we were paying four nights. Once I discovered this, I called the Hotel directly and spoke with the Manager. He was very helpful and sympathetic and explained to me that all of his records showed that we were only charged one night after a two night credit. I took him at his word, he also said that he would stay on top of it and check to make sure everything was done correctly. The next day, I checked my credit card online and found that everything had been corrected and we were only charged one night. After all is said and done, I would stay there again if I ever happen to be in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hprks5_10, General Manager at Sleep Inn - Memphis / Bartlett, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay .