“Don't hold your breath waiting for promised/paid for services”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Madison Hotel

Madison Hotel
Ranked #8 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Germantown, Tennessee
“Don't hold your breath waiting for promised/paid for services”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I checked in for the Valentine's Day special package. We also had dinner in 83 Grill. 83 has some of the very best food in Memphis. The service is good and the food is creatively prepared. Great.
Service at the hotel started out well enough--greet by name and all of that. However, the room was freezing. There were supposed to be flowers in the room, and when I called the front desk to ask about them, I was again greeted by name and told they would be delivered "soon." After dinner, still no flowers. I was told they would be delivered "soon." Since it was 9:45 p.m., we really were too interested. The room was close to a club, and was unbelievably noisy until 2:00 a.m. When we checked out early on Feb. 15, I was greeted by name, and when I asked about the flowers, I was told that there were some in the office, and the desk staff would get them! Frankly, I'd forego begin greeted by name if the hotel would deliver the goods it was paid for, heat the rooms, and provide some noise insulation along with a working coffeepot in the room.
When I arrived home, I had a call from the head of housekeeping to apologize for the hotel service during my stay. I was offered a voucher for another stay so the Madison could show me how great it is, but the voucher hasn't arrived. Could it be another promise that won't be kept? Oh, well, the second stay would probably be no better than the first. I'll be going back to the Peabody--consistent--good service, and the staff there remembers your name too.
Overall, I'd say the Madison is overhyped and under delivered. The one bright spot is the consistently great food at 83 Grill. I'll return there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMPIII
angiehmemphis, General Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to make me aware of your concerns. I appreciate your honesty and candid feedback. I have followed up on the certificate that was being mailed to you. It has been sent - if you have not received it, please let me know. We will cancel it and resend another one. Once again, thank you and I sincerely hope that you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Regards,
Angie Hines

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I booked the Madison on a busy holiday Valentine's Day. We arrived and everything was nice. The staff treated us with great hospitality. We used the valet and it was superior. We were greeted by name. Even when I had to call the front desk they greeted me by name.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you spending your special evening with us and look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Madison hotel was pretty awesome! The best part of my stay had to have been the staff, especially the man at the front desk, Odell, who made sure we got what we asked for in a very nice and timely manner. I highly recommend this hotel if you ever visit memphis.

• Stayed February 2014
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for the recommendation. We are extremely proud of our staff will certainly pass on your compliments to Odell. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Madison while in town on for a graduate school class. Even though the hotel was filled with patrons for the the Farm and Gin Show the valet parking was prompt and check-in was fairly quick. We had a nice corner room on the sixth floor. It's a boutique style hotel with updated, modern furnishings as well as a well-stocked honor bar. My only complaint is that the vents in the room and the exhaust fan in the bathroom were so dusty that dust bunnies were falling out of them. However--the staff and location far outweigh the negatives.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We are so glad to see you enjoyed the hotel and location. It is especially great to see how much you enjoyed our staff. I would like to apologize for the dust in your room and will follow up with our housekeeping team. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

There is nothing quite like walking up to a reception desk and finding a lovely drink and something sweet when you check in. The beds are unbelievably comfortable, and the amenities in the room are first class. The staff is very gracious, and they really make you feel welcome.

I had a bit of trouble with regulating my shower temperature, but otherwise my stay was perfect. I love the turn down service and finding a piece of chocolate on my pillow. The exercise facility is in an old bank vault and really quite funky. It has towels, and even a bowl of fresh fruit. While I would love it if they had the upper level Precor elliptical, the Precor equipment they have is first rate.

All around, a great place to stay in Memphis, and I try to stay here every time I come to town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank fromRoseville
Thank you for continuing to stay with us. We are so glad to see you once again enjoyed the hotel's staff, location and amenities. We also appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return visit.
North Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Nice small Boutique Hotel recently updated décor, however they didn’t put in new double paned windows and when it gets cold outside, the hotel rooms are freezing cold and the old noisy heater with a loud fan motor can’t keep up with the incoming cold air. I had to get out the hair dryer to provide the extra heat needed. Avoid until new windows are installed and new quiet heaters.

Room Tip: Bring your own electric heater
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan Z
angiehmemphis, General Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to make me aware of the Window situation in your guestroom. We will investigate both the heating situation and your window draft concerns. I apologize that your stay wasn't perfect and assure you that we will address these issues.
Angie Hines
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Came for a weekend get away. Hotel was lovely and very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had a corner room which was a bit small but comfortable. The mattress was perfect. Purchased the room on Hotwire and got a fantastic rate.

• Stayed February 2014
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate the feedback. We are very proud of our staff here and will certainly pass on your compliments. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.