“Great location/noisy on Main St side”

SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown
Ranked #27 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This is a very nice place to stay. Great hot breakfast and very nice rooms. The staff was extremely pleasant. We stayed on the third floor on the Main St side. Beware - the trolley runs till 1:30 am and was very noisy. I would definitely stay again but not on that side.

There is really nothing at all to do in downtown Memphis other than a few museums and Beale St (which was some superb music/food). No shopping whatsoever - a Dollar General or something like that was right by our hotel. Not what I had in mind to shop. I was very disappointed in the lack of things to do downtown. Had planned to stay for 4-5 days and left after 3. Sundays are completely dead.

Room Tip: Do not stay on Main St side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here on our drive down to Louisiana from Chicago and liked it so much that we booked a room again for the return trip. The location is excellent. The trolley line stops right out the back door, you can hop on a carriage ride in Court Square at night, and you are within walking distance of most downtown Memphis restaurants and entertainment venues. The rooms are clean and modern. On our second stay we booked a bigger room (over 500 sq. ft. vs. 300) for only $5 more. It was well worth it! The larger room was in the historic Kress building and featured high ceilings and a separate sitting area with pull-out sofa, desk and kitchenette. The complementary breakfast was very satisfying. There were a few hot options (scrambled eggs, sausage, canadian bacon) in addition to the typical muffins, cereal, toast, waffle maker. It was so nice to get a good meal in everybody before hitting the road. Overall this hotel was a great value and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2011

If it's possible to get a balcony room, by all means do that! The hotel is directly on the main street trolley line and within walking distance to Beale Street.
Very clean, very comfortable. We stayed on consecutive Saturdays. So glad we did!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony high up.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hostmom2011
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We family of five 2 adults and three children 14,8 and 5 started up our trip in New Orleans to Memphis in the morning of the October 9 th , we had booked our hotel in Memphis months ago with Marriotts SpringHill Suites, ok this family didn´t drive after a satnav so we had only the directions from printout googlemaps with us in the car and trusted the signs aswell on the road, well after driving for some hours we should have been there , but ended up on the outside of Memphis so we had to ask for directions back to Memphis, so if I was Memphis I would put up big signs where it says Memphis City lol , maybe there where some signs that we didnt see , but hey how we found our hotel at last and got checked in and got a nice room with two double beds and a sleeper sofa for our teenagers in the other half of the room -good space and clean and in the middel of every thing , You can just walk out of the buldings and see alot we took a horse carrige since we didn´t have so much time and we got a lovely lady telling us about the city when she and her carrige horse drow us around in the city
We learned about the first elevator in Memphis that costed 1 dollar to get up , but people walked down since they didn´t trust it to be safe to take it down , This building where the elevator is , is right outside of the SpringHill Suites , oh well back to the hotel - swimmingpool outdoors with a hottbub a big hit for our kids it was pretty hot when we arravied so I am glad the outdoor pool still had open for season . Breakfast is good lots of healty optsions for the once that like that . Next morning we where heading for Nashville , but first we had to see Graceland, and with our sucess with driving we asked in the reception how to get there and that the explaining should be told in a kindergarden way for us sort of lol - well a very good explaining we got left out when driving from the parklot of the hotel and then next right which we did so happy we made it to Graceland without any stopping Great hotel and personal

Room Tip: Well not sure I just have it in my memebershib condtions that I want a high floor room , think we co...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I enjoyed my stay - the staff was nice and they helped me arrange pick up to the airport and to Graceland.
The only time I felt a bit "tricked" was when I asked how to go to Graceland - and they suggested a pick up (really nice singing driver thou´ :-) ) but that cost me about 30-40USD.
I later found out that I could just have gone to SUN studios and jumped on the free shuttle going back and forward... I guess they could have told me that at the reception - but on the other hand - then I would have missed a nice talk with a cool driver!

All in all - a nice stay and a nice, clean room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This was our second time staying here. Trolley stop right outside to take you to theatre/Beall Street/restaurants. The previous time our room did not face the park. This time it did and was not as quiet, but wasn't too bad. Good breakfast and comfortable rooms. Would stay here again. It is a little hard to get to. Not good directions on hotel website.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We found a used joint in our linens after giving our toddlers a bath. I expressed my concern with the front desk and was not even given an apology. I was simply told that it would be given to the gm. I wasn't expecting a room comp but an apology would have been nice.

• Stayed: October 2011