SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewskress buildingmain streettrolley linebeale stvalet parkingwithin walking distancecourt squareself parkfew blocksbreakfast roomwafflesmud islandsitting areasofa bedfree breakfastpool and hot tubcivil rights museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This hotel is in a good location with a close proximity to downtown Beale Street. It has a trolley stop right outside the back door and for $1 it takes you to Beale Street or you can walk the 5 blocks there. The breakfast was adequate and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MASArlington_Tx
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. You are a valued customer and your feedback is very important to us. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service.

Sinserely,

scovington@summitmgmtcorp.com

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The hotel is a nice value, in a convenient downtown location. The room and furnishings are clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is fairly standard (eggs, sausage, biscuits, muffins, waffles, etc.), but very tasty. The only drawback is that the room can be a bit noisy for a light sleeper. The walls are not very soundproof. I was on the 5th floor and could hear people talking in the parking lot. I tried turning on the a/c to block out the noise, but found the individual room unit to be a bit noisy. Overall, the hotel is a decent place to stay if you are looking in the 3-star price range.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I apologize that you experienced some issues with noise during your stay. You are a valued guest and your feedback is very important to us. I will pass your comments along to my staff and corporate office.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We spent a spring break here to listen to the blues and sample the Memphis ribs. The room was comfortable and the service was great. The location is near all of the downtown activities. Only a few blocks from Beale Street where all of the blues clubs are located. There is a trolley stop right outside the entrance. You can reach most of the downtown activities using the trolley. The accommodations at the hotel were excellent. The only downside is the $15 per day parking fee. We were not advised of this charge and were surprised when we checked out. We felt they should have let us know this up front.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Memphis. Your feedback is very important to us and I will certainly share your comments with my staff. I hope you will consider staying with us again. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly,

scovington@summit mgmtcorp.com

Reviewed 3 April 2013

The Spring Hill Suites in Memphis is in a decent and safe Downtown location. The Main Street and Riverfront Loop trolleys stop right in front of the hotel on Main St. and you can easily walk to Beale Street. The rooms are very good if you are travelling with kids as they have a room divider, two televisions, and a small wet pantry. The lobby is clean and modern, and the free hot breakfast is extensive and actually very good. Room was overall very nice and clean. The beds were very comofortable. For a room this size I found the pricing to be very fair.
My only issues are as follows:
The valet takes a while to get your car as the parking garage is a few blocks away. Might be better to self park if the weather is nice.
I found the front desk indifferent. One guy was texting on his phone while I was talking to him.
I don't mind, but you can hear the trolleys if your room faces Main St. They run until 11:30pm.
Overall this a a very good hotel for the money and a good choice with children.

Room Tip: For a quieter room you might want to request the front of the hotel and not Main St.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MaxnBaci
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. You are a valued guest and your feedback is very important to us.
I will share your comments with the staff. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

scovington@summitmgmtcorp.com

Reviewed 3 April 2013

The welcome to this hotel was superb! In fact, all employees encountered were way above average in friendliness and kindness. The hotel is directly on the trolley line with stops both directions close by -- a definite plus in Memphis! Our room was nice -- a regular Spring Hills room. The bed, comfortable. The weather outside was cold! Our room was cold. We could NOT use the in-room heater. It was so filled with foul smelling dust that permeated the room that running it was out of the question. There were no extra blankets without calling to request one. With clean, well conditioned heat, I would give this hotel a far better rating. If you go, check the room heater immediately on accepting the room -- and wear your flannel jammies.

Room Tip: Be sure to check the heater/air conditioner upon entering the room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am sorry that you had issues with the heating in your suite. I will definitely follow-up with our maintenance department to insure this problem is resolved.

You are a valued guest, and your feedback is very important. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail.

s.covington@summitmgmtcorp.com