“NOT pet friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“NOT pet friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel and staff were nice and very hard working. They were also very unwelcoming to pets so this is not a destination for families traveling with pets

The rooms are very clean but small bathrooms. Location was excellent and a short walk down Main Street has you at a lovely, fabulous food and Dog Friendly patio. The restaurant is called Flight. Our server, Rebecca, was lovely and very professional as well as adorable! Food was top notch and the wines were well paired

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer C
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a nice dining experience at Flight Restaurant. As you are already aware, we do not allow pets at our hotel. We will accept service animals with the proper paperwork. The Marriott brands that do accept pets are Residence Inn and Townplace Suits.

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Susan Covington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Hammond, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My family stayed here in April for a pittstop on our way to Missouri. The trolley passes right in front of the hotel which was very convenient. It worked out great with the kiddos. The room was REALLY nice and spacious for our family of four (one year old and five year old). Our room had two queen beds, a sofa and coffee table, tv, desk and chair, bar with sink, and fridge/microwave. The vanity area was separate but that was fine.

The breakfast was pretty good. There was yogurt, fruit, cereal, sausages, breakfast potatoes, eggs, etc. the dining area at breakfast was very new and modern style. We would love to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chalgirl1981
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel accommodations and the amenities that we offer our guests. I am also glad to hear that you may be staying with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service .

San Mateo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our stay was great. We were in the kress building which is a bit inconvenient but our suite was spacious, comfortable, clean and quiet. The breakfast is better than standard, I mean they have Nutella! I used the pool and while small it was fine for a morning swim. Staff was very helpful. Location is great if you are seeing downtown. We walked to rendezvous for dinner and walked to Beale Street twice. I also walked to the red birds stadium. The trolleys are gone--too bad, but that is the fault of the city. I will come back. We had no issues with the parking either.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you travel to Memphis. If I can ever be of service , please feel free to contact me directly.

Corte Madera, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel one night Memorial weekend. I checked in late about 10 p.m. When I got to the front desk, there were two ladies and one said she needed to call someone to check me in. I found myself wondering what the two ladies were then? The guy showed up to check me in, told me about parking, and gave me the options for self-park or valet, then told me welcome and went on chatting with the lady sitting on the other desk to his left. I just waited and watched him move around the area, still talking to the lady and valet guy and then he walked around like was he was walking away and I asked him where was the key card? He was like oh sorry I didn’t give it to you – subpar service.

There’s more hype put into this hotel that there needs to be. I’m a regular Marriott customer and prefer SpringHill Suites, but this one is not up to par. Its setup to sound very high class, but it’s not. For price they charge for a night’s stay, they need to up this hotel to that level. The reception area wasn’t very inviting; I didn’t like the carpets in the hallways or in the room either.

While I appreciated the room being neat and sorta clean, the furniture was old, I mean hecka old! In addition I had a few other qualms about the hotel: (a) While I appreciate there is parking available, I was bummed out to find out that it is $15 a day whether you self-park or valet park…I can live with that. (b) Breakfast area wasn’t very clean, not enough serving spoons and people seemed to use the same spoons for different items. (c) The food on the other hand….the eggs didn’t look appetizing…there was liquid running around, and neither did whatever those rounds things were, Canadian bacon or something – no uh!

I’m giving this hotel a 2-star rating mainly because it was convenient to get to it, and because I didn’t experience noise while at hotel. I was on the 7th floor which eliminated outside noise, and maybe because I checked in late, I didn’t have to deal with noise on the hallways and next door, assuming there was someone. In addition, I slept well.

Please note that if you are traveling with children or someone who needs a bathtub request in advance, I was surprised to find out that very few rooms come equipped with one.

When all is said and done, I wouldn’t stay here again or recommend this hotel – at least not in its current state.

Room Tip: Please note that if you are traveling with children or someone who needs a bathtub request in advanc...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback concerning your stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and I will definitely share your comments with my staff. I can assure you this is not a typical guest experience at our hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me. This only helps us to improve and do better for our guests.

Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was traveling with an elderly family member. Our room was clean, modern and easy for her to navigate, only negative might be a request for better reading lights in the living room part of the suite. The room was in the old Kress building .The front desk staff was awesome, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The staff serving the best breakfast I have ever eaten (included in the room charge) was beyond compare. There was a fantastic selection of fruit, rolls , sausage, eggs, etc. The hotel is located on the downtown mall with a trolley pickup at the front door. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dell F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities the hotel has to offer our guests. And I really appreciate your feedback on the breakfast. I will definitely pass it along to my staff.

I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Memphis . If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are very disappointed with this facility. Being in the Marriott family, we assumed this hotel would hold a high standard for cleanliness, courtesy, and comfort. The suite we were in was old and dirty. All the furnishings had seen better days and needed a through cleaning, if not replacement. The air conditioning was inadequate even though maintenance "tweaked" it. The worst part was the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was filthy with thick green water. The front desk was less than cordial and efficient. If you decide to stay here, don't bother with a suite in the historic Kress building. You will definitely get someone else's history!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your accommodatons in the Kress Building. Your feedback is very important to us and only helps us to improve our guest experience. I will definitely pass your comments on to my staff!