“Great Suite and great location”

SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown
Ranked #22 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Scotland
“Great Suite and great location”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

On arrival we took advantage of the Valet parking, its $15 to park whether you use it or not, so why not? Check in was very efficient and the lady receptionist was very friendly and humorous, not so much the male receptionist we met later on, nothing bad but not as friendly. We were allocated a suite on the top floor, with balcony looking out onto North Street and the park. A beautiful scene, especially with the view of the historic Kress building right next door.

The room was not as spacious as one we had with another brand hotel in Nashville but was more than adequate. The sofa bed was comfortable with quite a good quality mattress. Air conditioning worked fine although a little noisy. Two TVs and two queen beds (very comfortable), fridge, microwave and safe.

Downside was at breakfast. We were there 4 nights and only managed to get a table at breakfast on the last day as it was so busy, as we were up before 8 am to get away in time. Breakfast was okay, nothing special and repetitive - same hot food every day. There was a waffle machine but we didn't use it. We took our breakfast back to our room,

It was an easy walk to Beale Street and lots of places to eat along the way. The area is heavily patrolled by police (on bicycles and patrol cars), which oddly made me feel less safe. If you do walk you will be spoken to by a small number of 'homeless' people. We were only asked for money once, in the main the people who spoke to us were trying to be helpful, giving directions to tourist sites etc, maybe looking for some coins in return but they never pushed it. Walgreens is just across the road and there are a couple of liquor stores nearby.

We used the hotel bar a couple of times. It was quiet and not too expensive. The pool is quite small and overlooked by nearby offices - I don't think it would get direct sunlight for sun bathing but the hot tub was great for easing tired muscles. I used the lobby computers for free to print out our boarding passes. Free Wifi in the rooms was good.

Overall a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get down for breakfast before 8.30 am. Hopefully you will get a table.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fair_n_Honest
sgmck824, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and I will definitely share it with my staff.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Memphis.

Susan Covington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was very knowledgeable of the area and always very pleasant. The rooms were very nice. We felt comfortable with our surroundings. The continental breakfast that was offered was 'tops' compared to other hotels we have visited. The staff kept all the breakfast items stocked and their attitudes were pleasant, also. When we were about half way through our stay, the mosquitoes came out in full force. That may have been because of the rising temperatures outside or the fact that a few days earlier, parts of Memphis had had some flooding from heavy rains. If you consider this hotel, in the spring and summer, please have some insect repellent on hand. This hotel is within walking distance to a variety of sites and right across from a lovely park. It has so many beautiful views. I would stay in this hotel again when I visit Memphis. As an aside, this hotel is in walking distance to Beale Street and there are a huge variety of eateries within walking distance. Give this one a try. Have a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: There is a portion of the hotel that requires you to take a over-bridge. As I understand, it is an o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Missyb3ll3
sgmck824, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that yo enjoyed your stay and all the amenities our hotel has to offer. I'm also glad to hear that you took advantage of our convenient location to all the restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues.

I hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be o service.

Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night. Hotel is an easy walk to the Mud Island tram. The trolly stops right outside the back door for an easy ride to Beale st. (Not for us, though; trolley was out of service the day we were there, so we made the fairly long walk.)

We had 3 people in a 2-queen-bed room, which gave everyone their own bed including the (tolerable) fold-out sofa. We were in the Kress building, and the room was very big, especially for a downtown hotel.

Not wild about the $15 parking charge, but I suppose that's not bad for valet parking at a downtown hotel.

Breakfast was good, staff friendly & helpful. Very easy access to/from I-40. Would stay here again if I'm ever in Memphis in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
sgmck824, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the lcation of the hotel which is so convenient to the entertainment, shopping, and restaurants in the downtown area.

I hope you will consider staying with us again soon. If I can ever be of service, please feel free to contact me directly.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel was OK for one night during a business trip. The people at the front desk were helpful. They helped me get a taxi and held my luggage until the room was ready. The fridge and microwave in the rooms is useful for heating up leftovers. Other than that, the carpets are yucky, the gym was dirty and the machines were old, and the sofa was uncomfortable and soiled. I would recommend staying at a different hotel. My phone also rang at 4 am, waking me up. Just an OK experience overall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank robundle
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suite, Downtown Memphis. I really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and I will definitely share it with my associates.

I hope you will visit us again soon. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Decided to do a last minute get away and choose Memphis and got a good deal on this hotel. The location was good close to river, downtown and lots of things to do. We stayed in the attached building which was an older converted building. Room was big, people were friendly, breakfast was nice. Overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel would be good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we offer our guests.

I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Memphis. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We loved the location. We walked everywhere. The room was nice but had a smell, do not get room 604. Its right on next to the elevator. You can hear it and all the people getting on and off... The staff was super nice. The pool wasn't bad as long as you got there early to get 1 of 4 loungers. Breakfast was nice several choices, our only problem was with all the French children who just were rude. All in all I would come back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 16 July 2014

South Dakota
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel has a great location near both the waterfront and Beale Street. Lots of restaurants to choose from in walking distance. Parking is via valet or self parking but is the same cost regardless so the convenience of valet makes that desirable. Outdoor pool is clean and refreshing. The only inconvenience if it is even one is taking two separate elevators separated by a long hallway to get to the historic part of the building if your room is assigned there. Huge suites, tall ceilings and windows, very quiet for a great night of sleep. Breakfast provided had many choices available.

Room Tip: The historic Kress building is cool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location to the area entertainment venues.

I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Memphis. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of service in the future.