On arrival we took advantage of the Valet parking, its $15 to park whether you use it or not, so why not? Check in was very efficient and the lady receptionist was very friendly and humorous, not so much the male receptionist we met later on, nothing bad but not as friendly. We were allocated a suite on the top floor, with balcony looking out onto North Street and the park. A beautiful scene, especially with the view of the historic Kress building right next door.
The room was not as spacious as one we had with another brand hotel in Nashville but was more than adequate. The sofa bed was comfortable with quite a good quality mattress. Air conditioning worked fine although a little noisy. Two TVs and two queen beds (very comfortable), fridge, microwave and safe.
Downside was at breakfast. We were there 4 nights and only managed to get a table at breakfast on the last day as it was so busy, as we were up before 8 am to get away in time. Breakfast was okay, nothing special and repetitive - same hot food every day. There was a waffle machine but we didn't use it. We took our breakfast back to our room,
It was an easy walk to Beale Street and lots of places to eat along the way. The area is heavily patrolled by police (on bicycles and patrol cars), which oddly made me feel less safe. If you do walk you will be spoken to by a small number of 'homeless' people. We were only asked for money once, in the main the people who spoke to us were trying to be helpful, giving directions to tourist sites etc, maybe looking for some coins in return but they never pushed it. Walgreens is just across the road and there are a couple of liquor stores nearby.
We used the hotel bar a couple of times. It was quiet and not too expensive. The pool is quite small and overlooked by nearby offices - I don't think it would get direct sunlight for sun bathing but the hot tub was great for easing tired muscles. I used the lobby computers for free to print out our boarding passes. Free Wifi in the rooms was good.
Overall a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious, all-suite hotel located 10 mi from Graceland; minutes from area restaurants and businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Marriott, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Memphis Downtown Hotel Memphis
- Memphis Springhill Suites