“Great Location & Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Location & Hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise to pull up to the main entrance. I thought I was in the wrong hotel. It has an upscale feel from the get-go. My room was nice and clean as expected from a Marriott family and more spacious than I imagined it would be.
Pros:
-location
-friendly and helpful staff
-clean rooms
-free b-fast with an array of choices

Cons
-$15 for valet or self-park

Needs Attention by Mgmt
-veneer panels in elevator are chipped and one has a large portion broken
- one of the elevators makes a loud noise as it ascends past the 5th floor.
-one of the elevators makes a noise as it descends

Overall: it's one to which will return often.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Chef D
sgmck824, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. Your feedback is very important to us and I will definitely share it with my staff.
The elevator panels will be repaired in the near future, but I appreciate you bringing that to our attention.

I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Memphis. Please let me know if I can ever be of service.

Susan Covington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We were impressed with the suite that we booked, and had plenty of room for our family of four. It was about 4 blocks from Beale Street, so a short walk to the action. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Valet is the best option, otherwise you are walking for blocks with your luggage. The valet is also incredibly helpful and assisted with loading and unloading. We had a newer suite that overlooked the park. Breakfast was typical but very good and fresh. Go early or it's busy! Great stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
sgmck824, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and I will definitely share it with my associates.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and will stay with us again sometime in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service.

Dallas
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My family of 6 stayed here overnight during a recent road trip. With 4 kids, finding a hotel that can accommodate 6 in a single room can be a challenge. This place is located across from Court Square and is walking distance to Mud Island, Bealle Street and other activities.

We weren't expecting the 4 Seasons and this hotel met our expectations. The room was pretty clean, although the bathroom had a few random hairs in and around the tub. The room had a foul odor when we walked in (room 602) but we turned the AC fan on and were able to mask it.

Breakfast was pretty standard fare but the staff overseeing it were very friendly and attentive. As others have mentioned, the breakfast room gets pretty crowded so don't be surprised if there is no where to sit.

Overall, we'd definitely return. For ~$200 after taxes, parking, etc. I thought it was a pretty good value.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback and will definitely share it with my staff. I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to Memphis . If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Generl Manager
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Good location near Downtown and a short walk from Beale Street. Very easy access to the highway (I-40). Valet parking was efficient ($15). The staff at this property is VERY friendly and helpful. We stayed in the "newer" building (Not Kress building). It's an older-style SH Suites (i.e., smaller, the kind with one TV shared among the living space and BR). It was a little tight with the sofa bed pulled out, but overall property was neat and clean, breakfast was above average- with multiple staff members assisting. There is a convenient Walgreens pharmacy/general store a half a block away. Only sour notes, and not the fault of the property, is that the trolley system is not running and will not be for quite a while. Disappointing since the trolley runs (ran) directly behind hotel. There are shuttle buses to replace them (we walked). Short walk to Beale Street. Note: there are many panhandlers in the area, especially based in the park behind the hotel. While they were non-confrontational, we were approached on numerous occasions daily. Would recommend this property.

Room Tip: If using the sofa bed in a king room be advised its a little tight but workable
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate your feedback. I will definitely pass it along to my associates.

The Trolley is suppose to return sometime in the fall. It is such a nice amenity for our guests and certainly adds to the ambience of downtown.

I hope you will stay with us the next time you travel to Memphis. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Sncerely,

Adelaide, SA
Reviewed 23 July 2014

What a superbly located place to call home when you are travelling. It's such a shame the cable car wasn't working as it was one of the reasons I chose the hotel in the first place. There's a great little park across the road where you can sit and watch the world go by and even feed the squirrels. This hotel is within easy walking distance from downtown attractions or at least to transport. We walked down to catch the Memphis Hop Bus daily.
Breakfast is good, even better, it's FREE! The suite we had was very spacious and clean but the bed has killed my back. The guest laundry is complimentary which was just perfect. You wont be disappointed staying here, that's for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sharon,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our convenience to all the downtown restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues.

I am sorry to hear that you weren't pleased with the mattress in your suite. All of our mattress's meet or exceed the Marriott standard, so I am suprised but so sorry.

I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Memphis. If I can ever be of service, please feel free t contact me directly.

Scotland
Reviewed 19 July 2014

On arrival we took advantage of the Valet parking, its $15 to park whether you use it or not, so why not? Check in was very efficient and the lady receptionist was very friendly and humorous, not so much the male receptionist we met later on, nothing bad but not as friendly. We were allocated a suite on the top floor, with balcony looking out onto North Street and the park. A beautiful scene, especially with the view of the historic Kress building right next door.

The room was not as spacious as one we had with another brand hotel in Nashville but was more than adequate. The sofa bed was comfortable with quite a good quality mattress. Air conditioning worked fine although a little noisy. Two TVs and two queen beds (very comfortable), fridge, microwave and safe.

Downside was at breakfast. We were there 4 nights and only managed to get a table at breakfast on the last day as it was so busy, as we were up before 8 am to get away in time. Breakfast was okay, nothing special and repetitive - same hot food every day. There was a waffle machine but we didn't use it. We took our breakfast back to our room,

It was an easy walk to Beale Street and lots of places to eat along the way. The area is heavily patrolled by police (on bicycles and patrol cars), which oddly made me feel less safe. If you do walk you will be spoken to by a small number of 'homeless' people. We were only asked for money once, in the main the people who spoke to us were trying to be helpful, giving directions to tourist sites etc, maybe looking for some coins in return but they never pushed it. Walgreens is just across the road and there are a couple of liquor stores nearby.

We used the hotel bar a couple of times. It was quiet and not too expensive. The pool is quite small and overlooked by nearby offices - I don't think it would get direct sunlight for sun bathing but the hot tub was great for easing tired muscles. I used the lobby computers for free to print out our boarding passes. Free Wifi in the rooms was good.

Overall a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get down for breakfast before 8.30 am. Hopefully you will get a table.
1 Thank Fair_n_Honest
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and I will definitely share it with my staff.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Memphis.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was very knowledgeable of the area and always very pleasant. The rooms were very nice. We felt comfortable with our surroundings. The continental breakfast that was offered was 'tops' compared to other hotels we have visited. The staff kept all the breakfast items stocked and their attitudes were pleasant, also. When we were about half way through our stay, the mosquitoes came out in full force. That may have been because of the rising temperatures outside or the fact that a few days earlier, parts of Memphis had had some flooding from heavy rains. If you consider this hotel, in the spring and summer, please have some insect repellent on hand. This hotel is within walking distance to a variety of sites and right across from a lovely park. It has so many beautiful views. I would stay in this hotel again when I visit Memphis. As an aside, this hotel is in walking distance to Beale Street and there are a huge variety of eateries within walking distance. Give this one a try. Have a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: There is a portion of the hotel that requires you to take a over-bridge. As I understand, it is an o...
1 Thank Missyb3ll3
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that yo enjoyed your stay and all the amenities our hotel has to offer. I'm also glad to hear that you took advantage of our convenient location to all the restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues.

I hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be o service.