“Enjoyed our visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Hong Kong, China
“Enjoyed our visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stay here yearly and the lobby area has been modernized which is nice. I really like the new layout. The employees are still friendly and welcoming which is much appreciated. They offer breakfast and happy hour but the food is really just too unhealthy for our lifestyle. Vegetarian, Healthy Heart, Low Sodium forget it. Whole Foods, Kroger & Cosmic Coconut are nearby so we ate there. The location is nice but a bit out of the way for downtown activities, and there were many great things to do downtown.

We will be back again and look forward to future improvements.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that will get morning sun and breezes. If pool is open I avoid that area, out towa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear SubicChick,

Thank you for such a wonderful response! I am happy to hear that you have found a home in Memphis to return to. We very much appreciate your kind words as we rely on our guest feedback to continuously improve our efforts. I am glad that you were able to find local eateries that fit your lifestyle habits so close to our hotel! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you home during your next trip to Memphis!

Warm regards,
Corey C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Lansing, KS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Location great, breakast and ammenities were good too, however, room smelled like a smoking room, not a non-smoking room. I should have pushed the issue of the 100% guarantee, but we were too tired from traveling and enjoying some great Memohis BBQ located just down the road from the hotel. We were visiting Univ of Memphis, so the location was fantastic!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for choosing to be our guest during your recent visit to Memphis! We appreciate your time and comments about your stay with us! It is very important to us that our guests leave our hotel happy so I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast, location, and amenities. I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and I have shared your remarks with the rest of the management staff. Please know that we would've been happy to accommodate you in another room per your comments however can understand the time crunch and how this was an inconvenience for you. I am confident that you will not experience these issues during your next visit and that you will be 100% satisfied with your stay! Thank you again for your time and we hope you come back to see us very soon. Please give me a call at 901.763.0500 if you'd like to discuss this further.

Warm Regards,

Corey Childs
Dansville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I travel ALOT for my job and have stayed at many many many hotels in Memphis. This by far is the best one yet. Great staff, great food, clean rooms.... not alot of noise. I did not give 5 stars because of the entrance and exit from here. That was a challenge on most days.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear DonnaM692,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a great review to the TripAdvisor community! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. It is our goal to make every guest feel as if they are at their home away from home so I am happy to hear that our staff, food, and rooms have contributed to your new "home" in Memphis. I do understand that at heavy traffic times our location can prove to be difficult since it is in such a convenient location to all things Memphis. Thank you again for such kind words and we look forward to your next trip!

Kind regards,

Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hotel was clean, friendly in a relatively safe environment. The lobby is very clean and nice, rooms are a bit dated for Homewood Suites but still a very pleasant. I had a two double suite with a sleeper sofa so my family was comfortable. The location is off the freeway but I was surprised how quiet it was inside. Price was very reasonable but a $50 pet charge is tacked on.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Jordan A.,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review! It brings me joy to hear that your accommodations were exemplary during your stay, as we strive to make every guest here feel like they are at their home away from home. Our spacious suites seemed to work well for your family as they do for the majority of our guests. I am also thrilled that you were able to bring your pet along as we love seeing the bond with your four legged friends! I hope you can understand that the $50 pet fee is a one time fee that is used to pay for extra maintenance needed to prep the room for the next guest but do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Thank you again for sharing your great experience with the TripAdvisor community! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Sales Manager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The House keeping should actually come to your room and and interact with the guest before deciding not to service the room with (tea, coffee or towels). When you call the front desk to report noise at 1:45am, please call the guest making the noise (unacceptable levels) and advise to be respectful of other guest.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank R Lemarkus J
Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and for choosing to be our guest during your recent visit to Memphis! The Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East would like to express our deepest regrets that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer each of our guests. I can understand how not receiving the appropriate service during your stay can affect your daily routine and ultimately your time spent with us. If you have the time, I would love to speak with you about your stay in hopes to reconcile and be given a second chance to exceed your expectations the next time you’re in Memphis! You can reach me at 901.763.0500. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor family!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

A must stay.. My stay from beginning to end was amazing! The handsome gentleman at the front desk was so polite and well mannered!! Our location was wonderful, the room however had no cups but It was no problem that couldn't be solved. The space was very reasonable, the beds are BIG and I loved the closet space and spacious bathroom area.. Despite the rainy depressing weather my weekend was GREAT at the hotel... I will definite be back.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for submitting such kind words to the TripAdvisor community. We greatly appreciate all of our guest's feedback. Without your responses, we would not be able to consistently improve our product to match your needs. I am truly happy that our staff and accommodations made all the difference on a rainy day. We look forward to your next stay with us and thanks again for calling us "home".
Colleyville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

We had a two bedroom unit that was pet friendly. The unit was spacious and very comfortable but a little shabby in the main living area. The beds and linens were great and the internet was fast. Breakfast was also very nicely done. Only disappointment was traffic noise and the staff at the reception desk were not very welcoming or friendly.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room located on the inside gardens of hotel - much quieter!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family