Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar
Marriott Memphis East(Memphis)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsapartment complextwo bedroom suitebreakfast and dinnerevening receptionhome away from homeliving areafull kitchengreat place to stayenjoyed our staythe entire staffcomplimentary breakfastdefinitely stay here againbusiness tripconvenient locationmemphis areawafflesproperty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed at the Homewood Suites Poplar in Memphis for the last 4 nights. I enjoyed that my room was quiet and had a kitchen. The Team is very friendly, and seemed to care about my needs. The Sales team was the best!! Great place to stay when you're away from home for so many nights. (Extended Stay or Long Term Stay in Memphis)

Room Tip: One Bedroom Suites allow you to close the door to the living room. The Rooms in building B were easy to get to and had a nice view of the landscaping. The room also had an overhead celing fan which was very nice to have!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Hi LadyBugTX2009,

Thank for your such kind words about our lovely hotel and staff! I'm not sure if I could've written a better review about our property myself! We really do try to cater to each and every one of our guests' needs and make it a point to treat their time with us as if we were in their home. The feedback regarding the updated lobby has been outstanding so again we thank you for saying such great things about our product. If you find yourself back in the Memphis area, please do not hesitate to give us a call as we would love to welcome you "home".

Best regards,

Corey Childs

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed at this property for a week while in town on business. I enjoyed my everything about my stay. The room was great, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The shuttle is a big plus. I really enjoyed the complimentary meals and the sports court. The lobby of the hotel is beautiful.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Hello and thank you for such an outstanding review! We are thrilled to hear such wonderful words about our property and staff. It brings me joy to hear that you were able to utilize our all-inclusive shuttle transportation for the duration of your stay. We hope that you think of us for your next travels to the Memphis area as we will be more than happy to welcome you home.

Kind regards,

Corey Childs

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The hotel was very clean and spacious. It felt like we were on a mini retreat with our own 1 bedroom apartment. We would stay here again in the future. Kitchen fully equipped with appliances and utensils.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for such a pleasant review! I am glad that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. It is a goal to make every stay a "mini retreat" for our guests. Our spacious accommodations do make it easy to spread out and relax while in town. Keep us in mind during your next visit to the Memphis area!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2013

The location makes it a poor choice for a tourist hotel, but they get everything right, the first time. Spotless common areas, spotless grounds, super clean rooms, great staff. They hit it on all cylinders.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a ground floor if you have lots of luggage, no elevators.....

Dear underpressure,

What a wonderful review of our hotel! Thank you for the positive feedback that you have submitted to the entire TripAdvisor community. We take great pride in providing the highest quality in our accommodations and are happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay! Please note, we do have an elevator in our interior entry building and of course a member of our staff would be glad to assist with luggage. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Memphis!

Best,

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stay here yearly and the lobby area has been modernized which is nice. I really like the new layout. The employees are still friendly and welcoming which is much appreciated. They offer breakfast and happy hour but the food is really just too unhealthy for our lifestyle. Vegetarian, Healthy Heart, Low Sodium forget it. Whole Foods, Kroger & Cosmic Coconut are nearby so we ate there. The location is nice but a bit out of the way for downtown activities, and there were many great things to do downtown.

We will be back again and look forward to future improvements.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that will get morning sun and breezes. If pool is open I avoid that area, out toward the parking is quieter. Rooms with outdoor access vs. hall access are also quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SubicChick,

Thank you for such a wonderful response! I am happy to hear that you have found a home in Memphis to return to. We very much appreciate your kind words as we rely on our guest feedback to continuously improve our efforts. I am glad that you were able to find local eateries that fit your lifestyle habits so close to our hotel! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you home during your next trip to Memphis!

Warm regards,