“Homewood Never Disappoints”

Ranked #17 of 137 Hotels in Memphis
memphis, United States
“Homewood Never Disappoints”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had a power outage in our city due to an ice storm. Called Homewood and they were very accommodating. The two bedroom suite was perfect for our family with two teens and a dog. Everyone had room to stretch out. The evening reception was very satisfying and the location and layout of the property was great for walking our dog. Staff was very friendly, attentive and showed genuine interest for our comfort.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kenneth D
Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hi Kenneth D,

Thanks for submitting your review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East to the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the comforts of our hotel during last week's storm. As you mentioned, our hotel does offer Two-Bedroom Two-Bathroom suites that can accommodate families and/or groups as these rooms have up to 4 beds in them. The property does allow dogs up to 30 lbs and will collect a nonrefundable deposit of $50 upon check-in. In the case that you find yourself needing hotel accommodations for yourself or family members traveling to Memphis, please do not hesitate to contact us at (901) 763-0500.

Your home away from home,

Corey C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I was in town for a funeral and didn't have a place to stay (due to the circumstances, everything was last minute). The first night I stayed at this place with my brother and his family. It was so convenient to where we needed to be, I decided to continue my stay there after they had to leave. I'm glad I did. The room I was given was in the "B" complex - there are three seperate buildings in the complex (not sure if you can specify which one you would prefer but it's worth asking).

The room was very nice (though you should try to get a room on the highest floor possible - you can hear people above you otherwise). There are two seperate "rooms" which can be closed off from each other. The couch is a pull out bed, so you could have two bedrooms if needed (each with it's own TV; but you do have to go through one to get to the bathroom). In the kitchen there is a full fridge, a microwave, an range top, sink and a dishwasher. So it's very easy to bring your own groceries for meals. However, there is not only a full complimentary breakfast (not just muffins, et. al., but a full breakfast) but if you happen to be staying Monday through Thursday, they provide supper. There is a menu for the month's suppers on the fridge. I wasn't there while the meals were offered, but the menu looked nice.

There is a nice workout room (with free weights, treadmill, elyptical), an outdoor pool, a small basketball court (with a little grassy area adjacent) and a few outdoor grills next to the main building. I believe there were also laundry facilities on site as well. You could pretty much make a very nice stay there with a family if needed.

While there are not a lot of restaurants near by (the closest in terms of walking distance is an Olive Garden - and you have to walk over top of 240 to get to it, but it's an easy 5-minute walk), the hotel offers a free shuttle to anywhere within a five-mile radius. And there are a multitude of places within that range.

Great stay, nice and clean rooms, efficient courteous staff. HIghly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian W
Hi Brian W,

WOW! Thank you for the wonderful review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis East. I am glad to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed the stay despite the reasons for traveling. It's terrific how our staff, amenities, and product can make the slightest difference even during the hard time that you and your family have endured. Hopefully the next time you're traveling to Memphis it will be under different circumstances and if your stay is Monday - Thursday, you will be able to enjoy our complimentary dinner as well! Once again, we appreciate the kind words and are happy to hear you had a positive experience at our hotel. I wish you and your family the best during this difficult time.

Warm regards,

Corey C.
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Enjoyed our stay after we figured out how to get into the parking lot. Can use a few more parking places. Room was good, very clean, every thing worked. Breakfast was not the best even for free. Did enjoy the suite and the door on the bedroom and the wife thinks it is probably her new favorite place to stay in Memphis.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
530timc,

Thank you for submitting your review to the TripAdvisor community! I look forward to sharing your comments with our team tomorrow morning. As a hotel, we rely on feedback in order to further enhance our product and services so it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that your family has found a new home in the Memphis area! Please know that we are always available to help and our Front Desk team would be happy to provide directions in the future! I do want to note that our hot breakfast menu is provided daily and the items will rotate throughout the month. Hopefully the next time you're in town, the offerings will appeal to your liking but again, please let us know if there is anything that we can do to go the extra mile!

Thanks for choosing the Homewood Suites Memphis East!

Tennessee
Reviewed 1 March 2014

With a separate bedroom, living room and bath, this is perfect for a family. The front desk employees were very friendly. The only negative thing we encountered was comfort of the beds. They weren't very comfortable and need to be updated.

• Stayed February 2014
Hi tntraveler62,

We are so happy to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed staying at our all-suite property! Our spacious One and Two Bedroom Suite layouts provide enough privacy for ultimate relaxation between the separated living space and sleeping areas. Each room includes a full kitchen, work desk, and a full size sleeper sofa in addition to the bedroom area that can be closed off from the rest of the room. I'm sorry to hear that the comfort of our beds were not up to your standards and I do apologize if this caused an inconvenience to you or your family. Feel free to contact me as I'd love to follow up on the exact room so that we can be sure to address it moving forward.

I can be reached at 901.763.0500

Thanks,

Houston, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Place was clean and staff was friendly. Stayed one night with family of 5 in a king bedroom suite. Rooms not connected to lounge area so you have to go outside to the lounge for breakfast. Nevertheless for the price the location fine if you have kids. Food and shopping is close.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mark H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Homewood Suites Memphis East. I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your brief time in Memphis. Our property is unique in the manner that it offers both interior and exterior entry rooms with a disconnected lobby which caters to our transient and long-term guests! Please feel free to contact our Front Desk prior to your next stay if proximity to the lobby is being requested!

Hope to see you all soon,

Kentucky
Reviewed 25 February 2014

“Usual Homewood Reliability”
5 of 5 stars Pending review
My wife and I stayed here two nights in January for my eye surgery. Like all Homewood Suites, this one meets or exceeds our needs The staff was very helpful upon arrival and placed us close by the the main lobby area so that I wouldn't have to walk so far. The hotel is a bit different in that the rooms are located in separate buildings; ours was the building next to the main entrance but there are more private ones as you go away from the main lobby. Our room was spacious and comfortable as are all Homewood Suites that we've stayed in. It did have older decor but was still nice and quiet. The breakfast and dinner were good as well and the staff working the dining area were very helpful. The hotel is convenient to I-240 and located West of Germantown. Also, there are plenty of restaurants and shopping West and East on Poplar. We'll be staying there again when I go back for follow up appointments and procedures. The hotel is a great value!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi luvpigeonforge,

Thank you for the 5-star review and posting your comments on our TripAdvisor page! It is wonderful to hear that you have found comfort in the Homewood Suites Brand and we greatly appreciate your loyalty here in Memphis! I'm happy to know our staff's service levels assisted in assuring your trip's comfort despite the reason for travel. We, as a team, take pride in providing the utmost in hospitality so please feel free to contact us and we will be sure to take care of you for future stays! Thanks for making us your HOME!

Best regards,

Batesville, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

terrible night at hilton.. they gave my room away and i had came up the night b4 to rent the room..i stood in the lobby for over 2 hrs..because the hotel front desk computer was down..Then i gave my info and paid with my card there on the spot. I came to the hotle b/c they kept hanging up on me on the phone..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Corey C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Michael,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you and know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and welcome you to contact our offices directly if you would like to discuss your stay further.

901.763.0500