“Excellent”

Cuisines: Indian
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The food here was excellent. I had the chicken Khorma and it was exellent. The naan was also very good. The staff was friendly enough. I will definetly return.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Darrell E

Grand Prairie, Texas
“Spicy and excellent”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

If you've seen the few negative reviews of Flavors Indian restaurant in East Memphis, they often complain that the food is too spicy, a common deterrant of Americans going Indian. In my opinion it is spicy and delicious at Flavors. Actually interesting recipes with lots of flavor. I think they renamed this place correctly.
A very good buffet with a wide selection of offerings including two soups which are prepared for smaller metal containers, both soups different ,very spicy and good. Their curry and tandoori chicken were excellent as well as other dishes. A woman side-commented to me on the salad and dessert section; "Where is that spice presence coming from?" I said over on the main line. Maybe my skin was emitting it as my wife commented later.
In terms of Memphis, greater variety than Golden Indian and more flavorable than others I've tried.
I recommend for the hearty souls who want to experiment. Those liking most fast food places, be prepared. To pay over ten dollars for Kentucky Fried combo when you can have this feast for the same price seems the poorer choice in both health and taste for me. I've taken my children to places like this for both food and the cross cultural experience. Indian music was playing not the videos which are interesting as well.

• Visited September 2012
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“VERY Spicey”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family enjoyed the lunch buffet and was very pleasantly surprised that this was very authentic even though we are not Indian we enjoyed the wide variety of very flavorful food. The service was very quick to clean off plates and refill our drinks. We had four kids with use and they enjoyed a kids meal from another restaurant since we knew that they would not eat anything on the buffet. The owners were fine with this so it must happen a lot. When back in Memphis we will enjoy this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Distinctly lacking flavor!”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The first time I went to Flavors a couple of month's back for a Sunday buffet, the food was spectacular. There was a large variety of veg dishes and a goat curry to die for! This time, on mother's day, with my mother visting from out the country and me having talked up Flavors so much, it was a huge dissapointment. Firstly, no goat curry on the buffet!! Actually, only chicken dishes on and only potato dishes on the veg side! Not as spicy and delicious as I recalled. What is Gobi Manchurian doing in an Indian buffet??? I complained, quite loudly, about the missing goat curry and tried to order some from the menu but was told they were not taking orders. They eventually brought me some but charged me for it! Ridiculous. I thought I'd finally found a good Indian restaurant in Memphis but it is not to be!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank azypather
Memphis
“Real Indian Cuisine- Also Real Spicy”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Been there multiple times. The owners are South Indian, the food both South and North Indian. The weekend buffet is very popular because the quality and price both are very good. The biryani is the best in town. The tandoori chicken is great and matched in spices only by Shalamar in the Bay Area. Have asked the owners to tone down the spices some but to no avail so far. The choice of dishes at the buffet can satisfy vegans through meat eaters and yes the chicken with bones in any form is halaal so there is some thing good for the practicing Muslims also. Although the choice of desserts is not much but in general they are made in house so the quality is good and so is the variety. The restaurant is clean but not too big. The owners are friendly but the wife may quote a different price for an item (like tea) from the husband as the latter is more often there. Fresh food keeps coming out during the buffet. While ala cart is good (the owners claim they can tone down the spices there but I doubt that) too but I would go for the buffet and have my fill. I do so once or twice a month now. The excellent rating is provided because this is the best Indian (and most authentic) restaurant in town.

• Visited March 2012