“Best Indian food in the greater Memphis area”
Review of Flavors Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
FL
“Best Indian food in the greater Memphis area”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have visited this restaurant many times, along with guests, for their weekday and weekend lunch buffets as well as for dinners. While lunch buffets on some days are better than others with regards to the menu, Flavors clearly serves the best tasting Indian food in the greater Memphis area (including Cordova, Germantown). Their food is least Americanized and they are not afraid to use spices unlike all other "Indian" restaurants in the area. The decor is okay, nothing extraordinary but not bad either. They have considerable room for improvement in the service department, especially the behavior of the owner. In my opinion, this restaurant runs exclusively on the talent of its chef.

• Visited July 2013

Grand Prairie, Texas
“Follow-up review: Best Indian in Memphis area”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Have revisited Flavors and this place deserves a follow-up review. Still excellent and, in my opinion, best Indian buffet in North Miss. and Memphis area. Reason is the variety of dishes, spices, and friendly service.
Provides two soups, one very spicy, wonderful tandoori chicken, and delicious creamy sauces. Wish there was a comparable spot in Oxford, Miss (place here has no buffet and mediocre good) or even Tupelo which has an interesting place outside of town and a modest VERY limited lunch buffet down the main street.
Memphis has some good places but Flavors wins the prize.

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The food here was excellent. I had the chicken Khorma and it was exellent. The naan was also very good. The staff was friendly enough. I will definetly return.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Darrell E
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Spicy and excellent”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

If you've seen the few negative reviews of Flavors Indian restaurant in East Memphis, they often complain that the food is too spicy, a common deterrant of Americans going Indian. In my opinion it is spicy and delicious at Flavors. Actually interesting recipes with lots of flavor. I think they renamed this place correctly.
A very good buffet with a wide selection of offerings including two soups which are prepared for smaller metal containers, both soups different ,very spicy and good. Their curry and tandoori chicken were excellent as well as other dishes. A woman side-commented to me on the salad and dessert section; "Where is that spice presence coming from?" I said over on the main line. Maybe my skin was emitting it as my wife commented later.
In terms of Memphis, greater variety than Golden Indian and more flavorable than others I've tried.
I recommend for the hearty souls who want to experiment. Those liking most fast food places, be prepared. To pay over ten dollars for Kentucky Fried combo when you can have this feast for the same price seems the poorer choice in both health and taste for me. I've taken my children to places like this for both food and the cross cultural experience. Indian music was playing not the videos which are interesting as well.

• Visited September 2012
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“VERY Spicey”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family enjoyed the lunch buffet and was very pleasantly surprised that this was very authentic even though we are not Indian we enjoyed the wide variety of very flavorful food. The service was very quick to clean off plates and refill our drinks. We had four kids with use and they enjoyed a kids meal from another restaurant since we knew that they would not eat anything on the buffet. The owners were fine with this so it must happen a lot. When back in Memphis we will enjoy this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2012