“Ok but not great.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way
Ranked #59 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The stay started out good, Room was very nice, the staff when we first arrived was very nice. We decided to go for a swim in there (Indoor heated pool, and hot tub) went down hill from there. The pool was pretty gross, green, cloudy and cold, so we went for the HOT Tub, NOT like Ice, and only one jet in the tub even worked. We then decided to go to bed and put our son on the fold out sofa bed, not bad but really needs some work very lump. Got up the next morning and hung our towels after our shower like there green progam asks, as we left we put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door to help the maids out. Went and ate there breakfast which was tasty. When we returned from our day we found that we had no towels, so we asked housekeeping for towels, which never showed up, we then asked the manager later that evening for towels and he stated there were no towels. We asked him several times for towels, never to come up with any, so we could not even take a shower until the next morning. When I went to ask the next morning, I had one person telling me there were no towels, and mysteriously another lady walked out from a room not 5 feet away with 2 towels. I really felt like we got the run around. I don't feel like they tried to hard to get us towels when the hotel was not booked, they could have gotten them from another room. My suggestion is to try another hotel, the downtown Comfort Inn was the same price and closer to attractions.

Room Tip: The King Suite was very nice. Real close to a Kroger if you needed anything.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert F
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while being in Memphis for the 2012 Liberty Bowl football game. The hotel was very clean, had a very nice and well kept breakfast and breakfast area. We had 4 rooms total for the 3 nights. The front desk manager was very accomadating. This was one of the nicest Choice Hotels we have stayed in. This was a great location to get around Memphis. For the things we came to do. We went to Graceland, Beal street and the bowl stadium. I would give this hotel 5 stars except there was one situation that didnt affect us directly but could have been us. A vehicle in the parking lot had its rims and tires stolen off of it during the night. We felt so badly for those people. I must mention that at no time did any of the 12 of us staying at this hotel feel like we weren't safe. Just an unfortunate event that took place while we were staying there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank funtrip44
Reviewed 15 December 2011

First of all, this hotel has changed its name to Comfort Suites. I guess the official change is not going to happen until the end of December 2011. Our first room was right behind the elevator /ice machine. We could hear the ice machine making a swishing sound in our room so we asked for a different room and the front desk made the change and apologized for the inconvenience. We loved the pool and the hot tub. It was easy access to I-240 and anything we wanted to do in Memphis. The continental breakfast met our needs and the staff was outstanding. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Overall, a really nice stay and we will be using this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator/ice machine.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lovey5
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed here the night before our honeymoon to Mexico. We just booked here since it was close to the airport, offered free shuttle to/from airport, and let us keep our car there. The place is gated and lost of lighting. (my wife was paranoid about having her car there for a week). The room was very roomy and clean. The only negative is when we returned to the states it took almost 40min to get a shuttle to pick us back up from the airport.

Room Tip: If your leaving your car there for a long period...there are 3 spots close to the front door that ar...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TeamNeon
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Would stay here everytime i'm in Memphis...the staff was outstanding, more like family....the room was fantastic....and breakfast superb....going back down and will be there this coming Saturday night (7/16/11) I have a family member @ St. Jude's and this Hotel is the best...so compassionate! Love you guys...look forward to seeing u soon! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hotspringssusie
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Wow, from the moment my love and I walk into the hotel we rec'd breath-taking great service from the staff. This continue when we asked for much needed direction, heaven sent Director Ms. Cook arrive and assisted us with over & beyoud service.
Look I travel a lot with my job & lady of mine and one thing I come not to expect everytime is great service.....Way to go American Way

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DerekLove
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We stayed here just the one night whilst in the Memphis area. The staff were very friendly and helped us with our every request. The room was large and clean, maybe a little rough around the edges but only if you happened to be looking under the bedside cabinet etc.

After a hot day exploring Memphis we went to the indoor pool which we had to ourselves and the staff came and switched on lights etc so we could sit in the hot tub once it had gone dark.

Having previously had a car stolen whilst in a hotel carpark in Atlanta we didn't mind about the large fence around the property and once you were passed them you didn't notice them at all.

If we were in Memphis again in similar circumstances I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple