“Tell Delta you want another location!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way
Ranked #61 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tell Delta you want another location!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

First the front desk personnel were very nice and helpful both on the phone and in person.

However all night long, children or people on the floor above me were running down the halls and seemingly jumping off the bed and slamming their door ALL NIGHT long. After telling the front desk it stopped for about an hour but just kept going most of the rest of the night.

When I picked up my bag from the desk top, two roaches scurried out from under my bag.

Going down the elevator in the AM for the airport shuttle I interrupted two gentleman conducting a drug deal.

Shuttle driver was a nice guy but horribly crude, probably high, and certainly unprofessional.

Don't go here!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take your remarks very seriously and use them for training purposes. It is only with guest, like yourself, that help us know the areas where improvement is needed. I do apologize that everything was not as it should have been and hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fleming Island, Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Was held over a night in Memphis (5th of January) because of the bitter cold front. Got shuttle from the airport (on time as promised) and got to hotel at 6:30 PM. Room was comfortable and warm. Front desk (Beatty) was very helpful. In fact, she drove me back to the airport the next morning when the other shuttle was out. Only gripe, not the hotel's issue, was it took two hours for pizza to get delivered. A good value, all the way.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Retired4402
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

We know how hard it is to have your travel interrupted and to be displaced. I am glad we were able to make the experience a little less stressful.

We hope to see you again in the future under much more pleasant circumstances.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We checked into this hotel recently, and being an elite member with choice, I've stayed in several properties - this was far from impressive. Front desk didn't recognize my elite status, and barely even smiled. The clerk along with another male employee were sitting in the lobby the majority of the evening and were unresponsive when we needed them, certainly not the CHI standard. The room was a handicapped, and was barely big enough for our wheelchair. The bathroom door had a huge scratch on it, and the bathroom tile was filthy. The Indoor pool, was filled with chlorine, and was very chilly. The hot-tub, well it no longer exists, and their website, doesn't indicate that anywhere, hmmm... deceiving! The outside and surrounding areas, being near an airport, were scary - there was a sign outside that said not responsible for lost or stolen or damaged property, which is understandable, but must indicate a recurring problem. The building was also surrounded by a heavy gate, and there was some questionable looking places nearby, Had I known this, I probably wouldn't have stayed here. All in all it was sub-par at best, breakfast was okay, but was missing a meat, which I thought was a Comfort Inn standard? If the price is right, and you're desperate for something near the airport, then maybe, otherwise consider your options.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dmille_ky244
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I am so sorry that we failed to give you a satisfying stay while you were in Memphis. We do strive to offer excellent service and I do apologize for this not being the case. The sausage gravy is considered a meat and that was what was being served when you were here.
I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and give you the kind of service I know you expect and we strive to deliver.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as it always helps us know the areas where improvement is needed.
Angleton, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Used hotel.com to book a last minute room (two of them) on the way back from our mom's funeral in Ohio. They put us in the hood basically. The people were nice but there were people wandering in the halls like they were vagrants. When we went to order pizza they refused to deliver. Gee....I wonder why? Needless to say, we left early! As a bonus my wife found hair in our bed sheets which tells us the staff was too lazy to change the sheets. I slept on top of mine. Truly disgusting.
Won't be back, ever. Stay clear of this dump.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank William L
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The rooms in the hotel were nice size with ample amenities. We were a family group from ohio that chose this hotel based on location & advertised indoor pool. We were here over the Thanksgiving holiday and the indoor pool had no heat & the enclosed room where the pool was at was probably 40 degrees COLD! Disappointed we could not use pool at all & the hot tub was closed all the way off. The breakfast was a lil more than average continental, but when we asked about fruit the breakfast girl said she was bringing it out....needless to say we never saw any fruit either day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Memphis. I truly am sorry that the temperature was not as you expected. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly use this as constructive criticism for us to make improvements in the future. I hope that you will offer us an opportunity in the future to serve you better next time.
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My three friends and I stayed here for one night prior to visiting Graceland. The check in was quick and the lobby was very nice. There was plenty of parking. We had a room with two beds, but only three sets of towels. Beds were comfortable. We found what appeared to be crumbs in the one bed, and this is why I only gave this hotel an average rating. The breakfast was nice, but the attendant working seemed overly nice. This hotel was a quick ride to Graceland.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jo-travel-alot
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to review our hotel. We are sorry that we fell short of providing you a great experience during your stay with us. I have taken all of your comments and have shared them with each department so that we can make improvements.
We hope that you will offer us another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Memphis so that we can give you the experience that will WOW you.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The staff at this hotel could not be more friendly and accommodating. We were in town for a birthday event, and they made our trip exceptional! (They were all great, but Nancy was a standout). The airport shuttle was convenient and readily available. The room was clean and the beds were SUPER comfortable. While there isn't alot of commercial activity right near the hotel (which, by the way, means that it is quiet when you are trying to sleep), there is a Waffle House just across the street and a grocery store just about a block away. It is convenient to the highway so getting around Memphis from this location is very easy. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give a review for our hotel. It helps us know the areas that need improvement so we can address the issues immediately.
We appreciate your choosing our hotel and we look forward to being able to serve you on your next visit to Memphis.