“Great place”

Ranked #61 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Arkansas
“Great place”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Absolutely can't say enough good about this hotel and staff. Everyone we encountered was kind and helpful. Left my car there while we went to NYC. Much cheaper than the airport parking. Felt very comfortable leaving it there. The hotel and the staff were great.
The shuttle was prompt to and from the airport. Just great experience overall.
Hotel itself was very well kept and the breakfast was good too. Bravo!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are happy that you had a great stay as this is what we strive to give to all our guests.
We hope to see you again in the future!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Elkmont, Alabama
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Upon initial arrival at almost 6pm, our room was not ready. We got some story about one member of their housekeeping staff calling in sick at the last minute and another walking off of the job that afternoon. Good thing for us we had evening plans, so we went about our night. Upon our arrival back at the hotel, we were greeted by a warm and friendly gentleman who got us checked in quickly and efficiently. When we arrived at our room, to my surprise it was clean, the bed was comfortable, the coffee pot worked, and there was even an individually wrapped make-up removing cloth provided on the bathroom counter. Very nice touch, I thought! Next morning, our complementary breakfast was very tasty. Especially the biscuits & gravy and the freshly made waffles. The gentleman serving/stocking the breakfast was friendly and fun. Checkout was a breeze. The overall location seemed to get us from place to place easily and without a long drive whether going to Beale Street or to see family on the other side of town. I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again myself.

Room Tip: Even though our room was beside elevator and ice machine, it was very quiet and we slept through the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback. We are happy that you chose our hotel for your visit to Memphis. I will happily share you kind comments in regard to "T.C." our breakfast attendant that he helped start your day with a smile. We hope to see you again in the future.
Miami, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were just driving through so reserved for one night. The gal at the desk was so friendly and we were feeling good about our stay before we even got to our room. The room was fresh, clean and the beds were comfortable. Really! Then the next morning we went down for breakfast. The gentleman helping serve the breakfast had us laughing and feeling like we were old friends. My husband and this gent were exchanging jabs at each other like good friends can do. The weather was bad, rain and winds, so we just changed our plans and stayed another night there. We are glad we did.

Room Tip: Always go to Bed Bugs registry before making reservation even for Four to Five star hotels.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments with us. We are happy that you were pleased with your stay as that is always our goal. We use your comments as part of our ongoing training so that we continue to give great service.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 March 2014

First the front desk personnel were very nice and helpful both on the phone and in person.

However all night long, children or people on the floor above me were running down the halls and seemingly jumping off the bed and slamming their door ALL NIGHT long. After telling the front desk it stopped for about an hour but just kept going most of the rest of the night.

When I picked up my bag from the desk top, two roaches scurried out from under my bag.

Going down the elevator in the AM for the airport shuttle I interrupted two gentleman conducting a drug deal.

Shuttle driver was a nice guy but horribly crude, probably high, and certainly unprofessional.

Don't go here!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take your remarks very seriously and use them for training purposes. It is only with guest, like yourself, that help us know the areas where improvement is needed. I do apologize that everything was not as it should have been and hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Fleming Island, Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Was held over a night in Memphis (5th of January) because of the bitter cold front. Got shuttle from the airport (on time as promised) and got to hotel at 6:30 PM. Room was comfortable and warm. Front desk (Beatty) was very helpful. In fact, she drove me back to the airport the next morning when the other shuttle was out. Only gripe, not the hotel's issue, was it took two hours for pizza to get delivered. A good value, all the way.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Retired4402
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

We know how hard it is to have your travel interrupted and to be displaced. I am glad we were able to make the experience a little less stressful.

We hope to see you again in the future under much more pleasant circumstances.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We checked into this hotel recently, and being an elite member with choice, I've stayed in several properties - this was far from impressive. Front desk didn't recognize my elite status, and barely even smiled. The clerk along with another male employee were sitting in the lobby the majority of the evening and were unresponsive when we needed them, certainly not the CHI standard. The room was a handicapped, and was barely big enough for our wheelchair. The bathroom door had a huge scratch on it, and the bathroom tile was filthy. The Indoor pool, was filled with chlorine, and was very chilly. The hot-tub, well it no longer exists, and their website, doesn't indicate that anywhere, hmmm... deceiving! The outside and surrounding areas, being near an airport, were scary - there was a sign outside that said not responsible for lost or stolen or damaged property, which is understandable, but must indicate a recurring problem. The building was also surrounded by a heavy gate, and there was some questionable looking places nearby, Had I known this, I probably wouldn't have stayed here. All in all it was sub-par at best, breakfast was okay, but was missing a meat, which I thought was a Comfort Inn standard? If the price is right, and you're desperate for something near the airport, then maybe, otherwise consider your options.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dmille_ky244
Betty S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I am so sorry that we failed to give you a satisfying stay while you were in Memphis. We do strive to offer excellent service and I do apologize for this not being the case. The sausage gravy is considered a meat and that was what was being served when you were here.
I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and give you the kind of service I know you expect and we strive to deliver.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as it always helps us know the areas where improvement is needed.
Angleton, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Used hotel.com to book a last minute room (two of them) on the way back from our mom's funeral in Ohio. They put us in the hood basically. The people were nice but there were people wandering in the halls like they were vagrants. When we went to order pizza they refused to deliver. Gee....I wonder why? Needless to say, we left early! As a bonus my wife found hair in our bed sheets which tells us the staff was too lazy to change the sheets. I slept on top of mine. Truly disgusting.
Won't be back, ever. Stay clear of this dump.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family