“A Great place to stay”

Ranked #46 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
McLoud, Oklahoma
“A Great place to stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

we arrived late coming back from a vacation in myrtle beach sc. the night staff was friendly and helpful. the rooms were clean and comfortable. the open atrium area gives off a feeling of importance. the breakfast was incredible they did an excellent job taking care of us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Debbie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Univ of Memphis, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am always glad to hear that the staff took good care of you. We hope to see you again real soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
North Bay Village, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a great place to stay. I have never seen anything like it. All the rooms face a big atrium with an escalator that runs to the 3rd floor. It is a hospitality school and a museum. We were on the museum floor, and it was really interesting! We also loved the multiple separate areas in the lobby for movie-watching with our friends who were also staying there.

Our room was clean and well-kept. The employees were friendly and professional. They do not have free breakfast, but they do have "kid's eat free" for breakfast and dinner. All buffets. Very good food.

I was picked up promptly from the airport on arrival, but I was disappointed to have to take a cab on departure because their shuttle doesn't start until 7 a.m.

I would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: I liked being on the second floor at the museum. First floor would also be nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Debbie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Univ of Memphis, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay as well as the museum honoring the Founder of Holiday Inn, Kemmons Wilson. We look forward to having you again!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Whatever the reason you are in Memphis for this location is wonderful and we felt safe and secure. If it's personal or business run for reservations before all the rooms are gone. It's across the street from the University of Memphis so I'm sure it's booked far in advance for events the school has.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gayle B
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found it to feel "safe and secure". We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again!
Clinton, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Even better than the first. I checked in late. No problem. Brian at the desk upgraded me to the PRESIDENTAL SUITE! Holly Molly. 2 sinks, 2 huge rooms, a refrigerator as big at the one at my home. Brian welcomed me as a platinum member, gave me my points at treated me like I was the most important person in the place. You just can't ask for better treatment than this.
I am thinking about staying here until they forcibly evict me, LOL.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
I am so glad that Brian took such good care of you! We are glad to have him as a part of our team! I will be sure to share your review with him. We really appreciate you staying with us and hope you will choose to stay with us again when you are in Memphis.
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is some distance from downtown and public transport is scarce, so be prepared to travel by taxi to downtown attractions or Graceland. Fares are reasonable between $20-25 respectively.

The hotel room was large and facilities adequate but attention to cleanliness of the bathroom was lacking and detracted from the overall satisfaction of our stay. Renovation, particularly of the bathroom is well overdue.

The breakfast had a good variety from which to choose and table service provided.

The airport shuttle service was advantageous.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I will pass your comments about the bathroom on to our owners. We hope you will stay with us again when you are in Memphis.
Hixson, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel....4 years separated the visits. This visit was as perfect as initial stay! Staff very kind, quality of cleaning ~ perfect...beds slept perfectly! Amazing!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I am glad you found your second stay as memorable as the first. I hope you don't wait four years this time to come back! We look forward to having you.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn, located across from the University of Memphis. Room was a suite with comfortable beds; pillows, however, were uncomfortable--hard. Close to downtown, free parking is a plus. Staff was nice. Facilities and room were clean, but bathtub showed flaking enamel.

Room Tip: We always request high floor away from elevator to avoid noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking time to write a review. We are glad you found your room to be clean and the staff friendly. The good news, we have just replaced all of our pillows. We value your patronage and look forward to having you stay with us again.