“Super friendly staff made this a great place to stay”

Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross
Ranked #37 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel is located right across the street from FedEx Corporate Headquarters. The staff were some of the nicest people I have encountered in a long time. They provide dinners on weeknights (I arrived too late to enjoy) and a nice breakfast with plentiful choices. The room was large and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are in a separate building from the lobby. If you want to be close to the lobby, ask for a ro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

msusail - Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We know that you have many choices when traveling and are pleased that you selected our hotel. Should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area, we hope to be your hotel of choice again! GREAT NEWS...we actually offer a "Save a Plate" program for those guests working late that will miss our evening dinner social. We prepare the meal in a To-Go container and deliver it to your room or save in the kitchen for your arrival. Complimentary beer or wine is included as well.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is just an awesome place to stay. The hospitality including breakfast and dinner is the best. The rooms are very clean, the staff very helpful and friendly, and just overall a great experience to stay there. The shuttle drivers are very friendly and just add to the overall experience. They are very willing to take you other places to eat etc. I actually look forward to staying here. To top it all off, I receive my Hilton stay points to be used later.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Bill F - Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Being your "Home Away From Home" is truly what we try to embody on a daily basis and are please that you experienced that at every point of contact. We look forward to catering to your needs the next time you are in the Memphis area.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel has everything a person could need for an extended stay. The suites are very clean and the staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. I would recommend booking here if you are in the Germantown area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Manley C - Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. Being your "Home Away From Home" is truly what we try to embody on a daily basis and are please that you experienced that at every point of contact. Please keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We only stayed one night, but enjoyed the hotel. The staff was friendly and all areas of the hotel and rooms were very clean. The bed was a tad bit soft for my preference, but not uncomfortable. The breakfast in the morning was good for what they had, though it did lack a few things (i.e. no waffles, pancakes, or bacon). The only downside to our stay was the elevator closest to our room was placed "out of order" sometime after our arrival (though there is a second elevator at the other end of the hotel). Note: Hotel is located behind the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Stephen D - Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were satisfied with our hotel, but disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I can assure you that I have addressed your comments with the team in an effort to continuing on our journey from Good to GREAT. FYI - we actually do have waffles and bacon in our breakfast rotation but unfortunately they were not served during your one night stay.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel to attend company training, I will call this home away from home. Staff was great, Miss Betty and L Cool will take of you during the complimentary breakfast and dinner. Other amenities include a laundry room and exercise center, and a pool (which was drained). This hotel was recommended to me by others in my company and I also will recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

HeyRed561 - Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We know that you have many choices when traveling and are pleased that you selected our hotel during your company training. We are so excited that you will be spreading the word to the rest of your colleagues and look forward to having you as our "Home Away From Home" guest again. Ms. Betty and L Cool will be awaiting your return.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

A great place to stay. I enjoyed myself very much along with my mother as well. This was her first time staying in a Homewood suites and she now only wants me to booked her for Homewood suites only. Thank you all for a great stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

DarkVoice43 - Thank you for the positive feedback. Being your "Home Away From Home" is truly what we try to embody on a daily basis and are please that you and your mother experienced that during your recent stay with us. Please keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My stay at Homewood Suites, Hacks Cross, Memphis, Tn was great. Staff is helpful and friendly. Complimentary daily breakfast and light dinner on Monday through Thursday, which is hearty and tasty (and the light dinner comes with complimentary wine and beer). I requested grits for breakfast... and I got them... and we ain't talking instant... thanks Betty! If you need something... just ask... they aim to please. Cable isn't the best but dvd players are available for rental at the front desk (and you aren't going to be spending that much time watching tv... after all, this is Memphis). Beale Street is about 20 minutes away, but the shuttle is willing and waiting! I give this property a 5 star rating. I've heard about southern hospitality... they take it seriously here at Homewood Suites Memphis, Hacks Cross. Will make me check out Homewood Suites in other cities when vacationing. Great job guys!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pamela S
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Pamela S - Thank you so much for the kind words. Being your "Home Away From Home" is truly what we try to embody on a daily basis and are please that you experienced that at every point of contact. Please know that we all miss you dearly especially Ms. Betty and L-Cool. Don't be a stranger.