“Comfortable and clean”

Holiday Inn Express Memphis Southwind
Ranked #47 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a great hotel with a great price. My room was nice and big, everything was clean, and the desk staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that housekeeping didn't get to my room until fairly late in the day -- past the 3:00pm check-in time. Other than that, I was thrilled with my experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Casey G

Reviewed 14 April 2012

5 minutes after we got in the room the front desk called to see if we liked it. So nice!! Some cosmetic things- the fan in the bathroom didn't work, cracks in the wall etc but nothing major. Very nice people work here. Breakfast was so-so... The eggs were in a garbage bag in the back- I saw cause the door was open. But oatmeal and coffee was good enough for me.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank caraleeb
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were in Memphis for a job interview and chose this hotel based on the reviews and the more reasonable hotel rate compared to the other higher rated hotels in the area. We were not disappointed with our choice. The room was very comfortable and clean. We had the king bed with sofabed type room which also came with a nice sized desk, refrigerator, microwave, and small bar-type sink. There were even disposable plates and silverware provided in case you needed them. The room was very quiet and we rarely heard noise from any of the other guests. You are a little distance from downtown but it wasn't hard to get to where we were going using the interstate system around the city.

Room Tip: Stay on the side not facing the highway to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 61twins
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We were in Memphis on business & found this hotel at a reasonable rate. The staff was friendly, the room was clean with a flat screen TV, fridge & microwave and on the weekdays the breakfast was fine (apparently on the weekends they serve no meat & take away the pancake maker). The weekend we were there, according to other guests, the Internet was down, but we had carried our own internet card, so it wasn't a problem for us. We had come in from a long day on the Saturday of our stay and entered the room to find that our room had not been made up...BIG COMPLIMENTS to Claudette (always cheerful, at front desk) who came to our room with towels and actually made our bed for us. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank muchfuntravelin
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised at the friendly service and immaculate surroundings. My last stay at a Holiday had not been a good one.
I was greeted with a goody bag and a smile.
The shuttle to the airport was on time the next morning and off I went, rested, well-fed and happy to catch my plane.
On my return the plane was very late and the shuttle driver had left. I took a taxi but they knocked enough off of my room rate to make up for it. I will definitely stay there again and I heartily recommend this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Both rooms that I had were quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mensamule
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed here one night on a brief visit to Memphis. The facility was clean and neat. It's located in a very nice area very close to Germantown, and about 15 minutes to downtown Memphis. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean and new.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank BamBam36582
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Try to walk through the lobby of this hotel without having someone say "hello"...can't do it. We were attending a wedding in Memphis and this was the "wedding" hotel. Having stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels before, we expected pretty much the same...not so. We had called directly to the hotel to make our reservations. As they were a little complicated and I even had to make some last minute changes, everything was perfect...thank you Chautauqua! A special thank you to Claudette and Andrea who made us feel very at home and seemed as excited about the wedding as we were.
The room was nice and spacious with a separate sink/micowave/fridge (no freezer) and plates, cups etc. The internet connection was good, albeit when the soccer teams filled the hotel, things slowed down a bit. Breakfast was very good. On the weekdays there was bacon or sausage along with the preformed omlets. I did note that the pancake machine disappeared over the weekend as did the cream/milk pitchers...I did not care for those changes. All in all, a very pleasant experience. We would consider staying here again should we be in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the freeway side. Not too much road noise but we were there in a col...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple