“Lovely restored building.”

Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Richmond, Indiana
“Lovely restored building.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Mr. Washington was very nice upon check-in. The rooms all have kitchen and sofa. I had a great view of buildings in downtown, but my son and his wife had inside view with air-conditioners running loudly outside their windows. Location is fantastic and price was great (used my senior rate) and my son used his State Government rate. Walked to Beale Street and , en route, cruised through the Peabody~~~WOW! Great place to see the ducks at 11 am and 5 PM. The Residence Inn has a fabulous free breakfast with great variety of food. Use the Valet parking for $16 because finding somewhere to park would take forever and cost about the same anyway! All the rooms only have queen beds except for 2 penthouse suites on the roof.

Room Tip: You must go up to the roof and check out the views! There's a hot tub, but NO POOL. Can't...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is actually my first review ever on Trip Advisor...And I travel constantly. Had to do it because i'm just that excited and had such a pleasant experience. My best friend and I stayed here for a random girls wknd in Feb 2011. She came from Dallas and I came from Atlanta. First time in Memphis for both of us. We had such an AMAZING time. We fell in love with the city and this wonderful hotel. The staff was the absolute BEST. Wonderful room, good breakfast, great service, perfect location. We had absolutely no complaints...and we are picky ladies. Anyway, we decided we needed to do it again. We'll be there in 10 days! Room is booked and we cant wait to see you all again!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank C500
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your first review on Trip Advisor about the great stay you enjoyed at the Resdience Inn! I look forward to seeing you soon.

Many Thanks!
Tracey
Edina, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We selected this hotel based upon location and price. Both were good. Other pluses -- very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast. Conversely, the entire place is in dire need of a makeover. Feels old and worn, and looks it in many areas.

• Stayed March 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Nice hotel with very polite and helpful employees. Good breakfast, which was included in the price, spacious and clean room. It's also very close to Beale street (7 minutes walking distance).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cap10awesome
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast buffet during your stay. All our associates do our best to provide the best service for all our guests. Hope you had enjoyed the Blues on Beale Street!

Warm Wishes,
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is a keeper! The location -2 blocks from Beale St and right on Main (corner of Monroe & Main) is ideal. Walk to the river, hop on the trolley, stroll to Beale.....can't loose. the service is attentive and prompt. Complementary breakfast is up to Marriott standards indeed, front desk is prompt and attentive. Rooms are clean and well equipped. This is the only place I will consider when I return. Admittedly, I am a di-hard Marriott fan and this did not let me down in any way.

Room Tip: We had 2nd floor over the entrance and did not notice any noise at all. Able to see the corner of M...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank You for being a loyal to Marriott- We appreciate you and your business. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed our great downtown location. We hope to see you back again soon.

Wam Wishes,
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I was here for one night for pleasure. I had requested an early check-in but arrived even earlier than I expected, I stopped at the hotel thinking I would check baggage but instead they checked me right in to my room. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and looked out on Monroe Street. Like all Residence Inn properties the room had a full size fridge, stovetop, dishwasher, microwave and a dining area. The bed was on an elevated platform behind a half wall. There is a rooftop area with a hot tub and a grill as well as chairs and this was quite a pleasant spot to watch the sunset. There was a good view of the river from the roof. The breakfast area was downstairs in the lobby with a fireplace and lots of windows. The building is on the historic register and very interesting. Old photos are on the walls. Valet parking is conveneint and quick. The breakfast was wellstocked and the staff continually checked tables, restocked and assisted guests. Everyone was very friendly and kind. After checfking out I realized I had left a CD in the room and I was worried. I returned to the hotel hours later and the Cd was returned to me within minutes. All in all I cannot say enough good about the staff--fantastic. The hotel is on the trolley line which cost $1 to ride. It is an easy walk to Beale Street. There is a small City Market in the next block where you can buy produce, etc. I walked to the Lorraine Hotel and enjoyed coffee at a small independent place nearby. There is also an interesting architectural antique place within walking distance. I was only asked for a hand-out once and that came in front of the hotel--he actually asked for a donation to a mission serving the homeless. I enjoyed the Cooper Union area of midtown--too far to walk there,

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BeingGreen
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay on the Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Downtown TripAdvisor Page. Happy to hear you enjoyed the Trolley!

We hope to see you soon!
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

The people that operated the front desk were great, the first night we had problems with bedding and the guy took care of it himself. The other fellow in the day was very friendly and offered great suggestions. A very good stay, I would return. It is older but the staff was excellent

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank You for your loyalty to the Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Dowtown and we are very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards