“Nice Stay”

Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Jackson
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is an average hotel close to Beale Street. I wouldn't say that it's as nice as some of the other reviews but its ok. We had a city view room with no view of the city. It was a view of the building beside the property and not much sky view. Parking is a couple of buildings down the street from the hotel. I'm assuming in a parking garage. It takes a while for them to get your car. I have to say that the valet guy did seem to try to get the car as fast as he could. But boy oh boy did he have to go far to get it. The room was ok but the sheets could have been a bit better. Our feather pad was losing it feather under the sheets, but the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was really nice and in great supply. Also, all of the attendants at the hotel were very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank You for sharing your experience. We do our best to give each guest outstanding service and hope you will try us again soon.

Tracey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The employees really make this place unique. From the moment you pull up you will find warmth and hospitality.

Location is perfect for downtown activities. Within easy walking distance you'll find the Redbirds' stadium, the FedEx center, Rock n Soul museum, Beale Street, Huey's, Peabody (marching of the ducks), and streetcar access along the mall. At the Rock n Soul museum you can find a shuttle to Graceland and Sun Studios.

Monday through Wednesday is the Manager's Reception held on the roof and overlooking the Mississippi. I have never experienced one better across the country.

Parking is valet or in a garage, or if you're as lucky as we were, in one of four free spots across from the hotel entrance...but don't count on it. As the doorman said, "these spots are gold!"

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LowcountryLoafers
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Residence Inn. We are very proud of all our assocaties and happy to hear your had outstanding guest service

Sacramento Valley
Reviewed 26 August 2012

November 2011. I had the opportunity to stay at the Residence Inn, downtown Memphis when business required us to be in the area. The hotel is located near the downtown business and Beale Street (entertainment district). I drove to my business in both Oxford, MS and Little Rock, AR.

I checked in late and service was excellent. My room was on one f the higher fllor. My room was comfortable and a bit dated. The bed was comfortable. Lighting in the room was very good with lamps on both sides of the bed, on the desk, and a floor lamp. The work desk was about standard and the retro office-style chair functional and comfortable. My The room had a sofa and an arm chair.

The LCD flat screen TV was had a moderate amount of cable channels as well as a wide selection of pay-per-view movies. I looked at some previews and costs per movie seemed to be between $12 and $15. High-speed Internet service had a charge of $9.95 per day. I used the free WIFI.
The bathroom was clean. Lighting was good, the towels were plentiful, and the shower worked well – immediate hot water with plenty of pressure. Bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and mouthwash.

The cleaning crew did a great job during my job. Folks working there were very friendly and helpful. I had to order online a new wheeled hard case because one of Rimowave luggage zippers became discombulated perhaps via the airport luggage system.

The hotel public areas were clean and well-kept, and were busy due to guests and folks conducting business in the property. The buffet breakfast was good on all of the days..

There are several restaurants within ten minutes of the hotel. I can recommend the Texas De Brasil restaurant (yummy food and great service) as well as the famed Rendezouvs BBq joint. Yes, the rooms are a bit dated, but it was clean and service and location make this an ideal property to stay. I would stay at this property again if I was in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank SeminarTrekker
Thank You for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Downtown-We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back again soon!

Tracey
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Went to Memphis this year for my birthday and stayed at the Residence Inn Memphis Downtown. We stayed in a bedroom suite. Loved it because the bedroom/bath are up on a mini loft totally separate from the kitchen/living room area. Perfect location! Right down the block from AutoZone Park. Caught a game while we were there. Very clean room. Gotta love the Marriott beds! The trolley stops right outside the hotel. Very convenient. Would get back from a day of sightseeing, stop at our room to grab a bottle of wine (nicely chilled in our full size fridge), and go to the roof to unwind from the day. What a view! Complete with tables/chairs/jacuzzi & BBQ. Here's something we didn't know about this hotel that really came in handy. McEwen's, which is a great restaurant right next door, takes care of the hotel's room service. We actually used them twice while staying there. Excellent food! All 4 dishes were perfectly cooked & got to our room piping hot. No extra charge for room service. You just pay the menu price. Perfect for when we got back late & didn't feel like going out for dinner. Next time in Memphis, this is where we'll be staying.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a higher floor so I wouldn't hear the trolley. We had no problem but I'd ima...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jersey721
sacramento
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My father and I went to Memphis for the weekend to sightsee and stayed at the Residence Inn, thinking there would be two separate room areas (he snores, so we need a door between us). This was not the case at this hotel, which was disappointing but I got over it.

What I did not get over was how dirty the room was. Normally, Marriott’s are very clean and comfortable, but this place was old and beat down. My Dad slept on the foldout couch and the blankets provided to us for that bed were torn and stained. The comforter was stained as well, and did not make me feel super happy about sleeping in.

Good things were that the staff was friendly and the location was great. I think next time I will spend the extra $50 per night and stay at The Peabody.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank fsb1904
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Possibly the best hotel I've ever stayed in, worth every penny. Rooms are so comfortable and big, very luxurious. Rooftop BBQs are also held here, with a rooftop Jacuzzi. Staff are very friendly and it is in a perfect location.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rich250807
We appreciate you and hope to have you back again soon! Thank You for posting about your stay.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Unbeleivable! The valet/porter/conseirge along with the front desk staff made my wife and I feel like we were royalty!

Offering to personally run to the local store to get my wife some Advil was the icing on the cake!

The local all talk about going to the rooftop party on the Peabody, the same view is available from the hot tub in top of the residence inn.

BYOB to the roof top here and have a blast !!

• Stayed July 2012
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
We really appreciate you taking the time to submit such a nice review of your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown. We pride ourselves in terrific guest service so I am happy to hear our valet personally got Advil for your wife. We hope you will come back and enjoy the rooftop hot tub and beautiful Mississippi River Views.