“Home Away From Home”

Residence Inn Memphis Downtown
Ranked #13 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Husband, dog, and myself had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The front staff was very helpful...Marie was awesome...No matter what we needed she was there to help us. And she did so in such a friendly, professional way! The room was spacious with a bed loft (never experienced this before). Staff were also very helpful in helping us make our stay nice for our four legged friend. (For other dog travelers note there is a $100 fee.) We enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning and were pleased to find getting around town was so easy with the trolley close by.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
rooftopviews, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

I am happy to hear the three of you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We do our best to provide outstanding service to all our guests especially our 4 legged friends! Thank You for recognizing Marie!

We look forward to having your back again soon!

Tracey

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Is the Marriott Residence Inn a 5 star hotel? No. Is the service and staff worthy of a five star rating? Absolutely.. The hotel is a nice Residence Inn with large rooms. Great location near a number of fantastic restaurants. The staff sets it apart from all others. From the valet to the front desk; they were all extremely accommodating. I had an early morning flight and was asked by the front desk what time I needed my car pulled around. It was waiting for me at 4:45 a.m. Just one of the many touches..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mtnbrookie

Thank You for such a outstanding review of our hotel about your recent stay! We appreciate your feedback and thank you again for your business!

We look forward to having your back again soon!

Happy Spring!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Let me start with the good:

My room was really spacious. I had booked a queen loft and I had plenty of space to do work outside of the bedroom area. I could have comfortably stayed in this room for a week if I had to. The breakfast provided in the morning had good variety and staff kept the items replenished. The morning staff was very friendly and present. The location is perfect - within walking distance to all the attractions of downtown Memphis and within walking distance to the City offices (for others who are there on business).

Now the not-so-good:

I arrived just after 8:00 pm and I pulled into the valet area but it took a few minutes for someone to greet me. I had all of my luggage out of the car by the time the valet was able to get my keys. He was very attentive after that as there was no one at the front desk. I waited close to 10 minutes while the valet attempted to reach the front desk clerk. This was a business trip for me and I was on a tight schedule so I was slightly agitated by the wait. Once the clerk came downstairs he was also very friendly and attentive.

My first room appeared fine. I did a quick unpacking to change clothes for a dinner meeting and when I went to hang my toiletry bag on the back of the door in the bathroom I discovered a used towel hanging there. I didn't have much time so I threw the towel on the floor and informed the desk clerk on my way out what had happened. I was concerned that the room had not been cleaned between guests, but simply cleaned for a continued stay but did not expect anything other than the towel to be removed. He did offer to allow me to change rooms when I returned from dinner and I did so. The second room appeared to be clean.

When I woke up in the morning I found not only my bill but the bill of my neighbor under my door.

This was a nicely renovated historic building with a lot of potential, but my trip would have been more pleasant without the inconveniences.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pamela L
rooftopviews, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for being loyal to Marriott and staying a the Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Downtown on your recent stay in Memphis. We appreciate you and your business and hope to see you again in the future.

I apologize about that you had to wait for a guest service agent upon your stay and hope you will give us another try next time you are in Memphis for business!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have to preface this by saying that the Residence Inn was there for my business collegue and I in a pinch after our reservation at another hotel was lost. The desk was quick and helpful when we needed it most. But I have to say our 2-bedroom was in a bit of disarray. The mirrored closet doors were resting face down in the closet when we got in and neither light in my room worked. I'm sure a call downstairs would fix the problem quickly, but we were literally staying for 8 hours before our flight the next day. Good location, desk, and size of the room...it's just an old bulilding.

Stayed: March 2014

We are sorry if your stat at the Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Downtown was not satisfactory. We aim to provide all our guests with outstanding service and apologize your guest suite was not satisfactory.

We hope you will give us another try! If I can assist your with any future reservations, please call at 901-578-3700

Tracey Henninger<CMP

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The location is excellent, very easy and safe walk to Beale St plus other eateries nearby. Our room was less than great; quite tatty and the temperature was either too hot or too cold - the heater/cooler unit was very noisy. Our room was one of the to-be-renovated rooms so I guess this will be fixed soon. Breakfast was edible and the view from the rooftop outstanding. Good to have a coin-operated laundry to use. Overall a fairly comfortable stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed in a suite that had an upper level bed that gave additional privacy as I was staying with a friend. This hotel has a trolley stop right outside, quick walk to the river (actually a quick walk to most things downtown) and the rooftop view is simply amazing! The room was absolutely spotless (with an amazing view) and the breakfast was wonderful with lots of choices. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We lucked out and found a parking spot right out front so we didn't require valet. Highly recommended, absolutely NO complaints!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TeresaDeardork
rooftopviews, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and glad you had a fabulous stay during your visit to Memphis! I do agree our views from the rooftop are very beautiful and one of the best views you can find of the Mississippii River in the city!

We hope you your travlels will bring you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed in this Hotel last year and loved everything about it from the delightful, friendly staff to the pillows on the bed. So close to everything and a short drive to Graceland which was our main reason for being there. I will definitely revisit Memphis and this Hotel. Thanks guys!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and had a great visit at Graceland! We appreciate you and your business and hope to see you again soon

Tracey